Fulton to be promoted to Head of Football

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like he's already transferred his origin record to Manly. Heading for possibly our worst season ever. The ultimate humiliation will be when the Knights beat us. How well will that go down.

It was well known that Tooves was old school and had very few options when his team needed new ideas. This was told to me from someone who was in our dressing room and knew players in there. He was tackle harder, run harder etc.

If anyone thinks Tooves or Des could do well with our injury count then I will be impressed. Barrett has had no opportunity to even play his top team without injury or has key players too old and going backwards (brett, matai, lyon, mateo, (sadly) miles and lost the 5/8 foran or Buhrer coming back from major injuries. A Parra reject Lussick is probably a standout as well as Parcell and Tom.

Williame, Leary, Api, Brown, Jorge (half the time) T-Red are all very average players and this is a big reason why we are struggling.
They say mal meninga was old school And not that technical with Qld. Jack Gibson kept it simple. They just surrounded themselves with people who did implement ideas, Hagan, Massey etc.
Run hard, tackle hard....
Sounds like good advice.

Looks like he's already transferred his origin record to Manly. Heading for possibly our worst season ever. The ultimate humiliation will be when the Knights beat us. How well will that go down.
I have to agree with you there Knights will probably beat us, no one wants to play for us we need a complete rebuild starting with Bob

Blaming coaches and selectors for the result is easy, but simplistic.

NSW have been criticised for changing the halves so often - but also criticised for sticking with Pearce for so long! Can't win.

Try putting the likes of Mullen, Gidley, Pearce, Soward up against what Qld has had in the key playmaking spots - Lockyer, Smith, Thurston, Slater, Cronk.

NSW has done well to take so many of the games to the wire.
It's been closer than it sounds, 2010 was a clean sweep but every other series has been 2-1.

Imagine this place if we don't win another game this year, that will indeed be a scary experience.

The really interesting thing to play out in the next 6 months is which players won't be here in 2017, and which ones will come.

It seems Green from Melbourne looks likely to happen, not a superstar but should be at least handy and make life easier for Cherry.

Will I Am has just be re-signed, so he takes a wing spot I guess ( he actually has been coming along a bit better, even in a losing side).

I expect Matai to be back, only because unless they can pay him out without effecting the cap they may as well get him fixed and bring him back for one final year.

Otherwise, will any name player even want to be here unless we pay overs???

Interesting times ahead.

It was well known that Tooves was old school and had very few options when his team needed new ideas. This was told to me from someone who was in our dressing room and knew players in there. He was tackle harder, run harder etc.

If anyone thinks Tooves or Des could do well with our injury count then I will be impressed. Barrett has had no opportunity to even play his top team without injury or has key players too old and going backwards (brett, matai, lyon, mateo, (sadly) miles and lost the 5/8 foran or Buhrer coming back from major injuries. A Parra reject Lussick is probably a standout as well as Parcell and Tom.

Williame, Leary, Api, Brown, Jorge (half the time) T-Red are all very average players and this is a big reason why we are struggling.
True that!

No wonder Manly is up the **** at the moment; a premiership winning player, coach, and immortal is not wanted by the fans at a time when the same fans are questioning the lack of "Manly" culture about the place?!

Have a good hard look in the mirror some of you; the guy loves the club and is doing his best. We are going through a rebuild and the guy can only do so much. There are 15 other teams in the competition that have a say in where Manly sit on the ladder each year too.

Some of you aren't Manly fans; blow ins that don't understand what this guy means to club.

No wonder Manly is up the **** at the moment; a premiership winning player, coach, and immortal is not wanted by the fans at a time when the same fans are questioning the lack of "Manly" culture about the place?!

Have a good hard look in the mirror some of you; the guy loves the club and is doing his best. We are going through a rebuild and the guy can only do so much. There are 15 other teams in the competition that have a say in where Manly sit on the ladder each year too.

Some of you aren't Manly fans; blow ins that don't understand what this guy means to club.
And this ain't just any guy it's an immortal

many in here would be too young to know just how good he was as a player and a coach,he will have people around him to school him in modern warfare and still be able to do old school sh*t,footy back then was tougher and way harder,not as fast though and not as many skilful players,but they were made out of cement.if most of these young blokes today had to play 80 minutes with broken bones they wouldn't play at all.
I am not a good old days sort of bloke,but sometimes I wonder

From memory Bob Fulton came back when our main signing was Luke Burgess and we looked like losing both halves. He quickly put together a roster that many here were calling a top four chance.
He has stated on the record that he wasn't involved in the Toovey decision, but had to help find a new coach. Would he have put a rookie coach in charge if he had foreseen the disrupted off season, the impact of all the short turnarounds (minimal training runs), injuries to key players at unfortunate times, and what appears to be our existing core experience hitting retirement stage overnight? Probably not. Hindsight is 20/20.
And the fact he is resigning from Blues adviser to take a "greater role" at Manly now suggests to me that his current role at the moment probably isn't selector.
I'm happy to have Bozo on our side and still contributing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4