Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Love your positivity BOZO but you leave yourself wide open on that point.
How do you know Schuster was ready? Truth is you don't.
Sure he did great for 60 min before the injury but unless you are indeed embedded in the manly system you like me and almost every other silvertailer know nothing about when these kids are ready.
Case in point Albert H. So many on here shouting from the rafters how ready this kid was. What a superstar he is and how stupid the coach was for not picking him earlier..... well that turned out well didn't it.
For every name on your list there are 10x for kids who could have been just as good but were dropped in too early and burnt out.
How do I know schuster was ready because the truth is his skill factor that he demonstrated in the lower grades was evident at NRL level when he played
Schuster is a great example of if you are good enough then you are old enough

I have just heard from an extremely reliable source that Harper was already set to start at centre before Turbos injury and will now be considered for both Fullback and centre positions. Not sure if this means Suli won't be fit to start the year?

Geez he must have impressed in the off season, I'm excited to see his development.

I have just heard from an extremely reliable source that Harper was already set to start at centre before Turbos injury and will now be considered for both Fullback and centre positions. Not sure if this means Suli won't be fit to start the year?

Geez he must have impressed in the off season, I'm excited to see his development.

So I wonder who out of Walker & Suli were set to miss out on starting at centre?

You reckon it was Suli?

I hope those players like Harper that are set to start can be impressive on the playing field as they have been on the training field

So I wonder who out of Walker & Suli were set to miss out on starting at centre?

You reckon it was Suli?
Casualty list for what it is worth

SEA EAGLES

Josh Aloiai (knee) – trials

Dylan Walker (foot) – trials

Kieran Foran (pectoral) – Round 1

Josh Schuster (ankle) – Round 1

Moses Suli (foot) – Round 1

Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) – Round 4

Jorge Taufua (Achilles) – April

Manase Fainu (stood down)

I just like what i see. I was wanting him from the start. He is tall ;) athletic, has speed to burn, is awesome under the high ball and beefed up enough that his speed will make his explosive and powerful. He ticks every single box.
Tuipulotu looks a genuine star too but I'd see him as more of a centre that can play wing if needed. Saab is an out n out winger and for that reason I have him ahead. I've said before that I reckon Tuipulotu is our long term left centre as I can't see Walker being re signed.

I'm not sure mate. Pressed him on that but said he wasn't meant to say. I can only imagine Suli isn't fit for Rd 1.
UNLESS the big one that everyone seems to forget about is Walker to play 5/8.
Surely not

I'm not sure mate. Pressed him on that but said he wasn't meant to say. I can only imagine Suli isn't fit for Rd 1.
UNLESS the big one that everyone seems to forget about is Walker to play 5/8.

Or just could Walker be an option to spend some time at hooker?

His top half looks to have bulked up a bit more this off season.

Looked like a duck out of water at centre in the all stars.

Walker improved as a ball player at 6 it should add to his game at centre.

But I tell ya, this six again stuff, we are already seeing teams stacked with halves at hooker and lock. It's the way of the future for these rules.

But I tell ya, this six again stuff, we are already seeing teams stacked with halves at hooker and lock. It's the way of the future for these rules.
Which also makes Des' use of Schuster all the more important.

Casualty list for what it is worth

SEA EAGLES

Josh Aloiai (knee) – trials

Dylan Walker (foot) – trials

Kieran Foran (pectoral) – Round 1

Josh Schuster (ankle) – Round 1

Moses Suli (foot) – Round 1

Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) – Round 4

Jorge Taufua (Achilles) – April

Manase Fainu (stood down)

Thanks Bozo, I didnt realise Walker, Foran, Schuster & Suli were all carrying injuries.

Which also makes Des' use of Schuster all the more important.
No turbo to start the year is a massive loss. I don't know if Schoey was in the team before corsogate, but my feel is, if he wasn't, it might have forced DES's hand.

Schoey is just such an electric X factor player, I almost feel he just needs to be in the 17 from round 1 if not starting now. He just provides that X factor and one on one brilliance that would go a long way to taking focus off the replacement fullback performance especially chiming in and ball playing, and making the focus on, who is on the field as opposed to whose not. Not overloading to much pressure on the kid when DCE and Foran are around. But his time is now.

Very good point hoops

Throwing an 18 year old in the deep you say feathered friend ?

Only Some of the 18 year old success stories that I can think of

Tolu Koula ....... Give the Kid a break Des !!!

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin

Bozo, I am surprised you left out the incomparable Bob Fulton. Also 18 on debut.

I like this Morgan Harper kid. Not massive but has that very rare and uncanny knack of being able to break out of tackles or bounce away. Who does that remind you of?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7