Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
SHOCK TURBO REPLACEMENT REVEALED

—Dean Ritchie

He has played just six NRL games over the past two seasons but little known New Zealander Morgan Harper has been handed the first opportunity to replace injured Manly star Tom Trbojevic.

And Harper will come with some rare footy pedigree – his great grandfather played rugby league for New Zealand and his grandfather was an All Black. Harper is also cousins with Sharks forward Briton Nikora.

Harper, 22, will start at fullback for Manly’s trial against Wests Tigers this Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt Oval. His chance arrived after Trbojevic injured his hamstring again.

It will be the first time Harper will begin an NRL match from fullback.

Bozo, I am surprised you left out the incomparable Bob Fulton. Also 18 on debut.

I like this Morgan Harper kid. Not massive but has that very rare and uncanny knack of being able to break out of tackles or bounce away. Who does that remind you of?
Thank you feathered friend . I purposely left the Incomparable Immortal out of that 18 year old debut list because an Incomparable Immortal only comes once in a life time and that is an exception .
IMO ....
Morgan had one very good moment scoring an individual try against the struggling bulldogs and that was about it .
All our other fill in backs were blown away and could not compete at the level required for us to make the finals

Having said that, all that was last season and every new season brings new opportunity and all players have the opportunity work hard in the off season and step up into 2021

Harper must have had a really impressive off season preparation and looks like he is being rewarded for it . Good knack to run a good line and quite elusive runner , Just have to see how he goes in the vital areas of fielding bombs and reading the play in defence and defending in general . Very disorganized outside defence for Manly for a good portion of last season so ideally he can be a reasonable talker and give a bit of direction from the back . Bonus if he has put on a bit of bulk to be able to return the ball and not be in rag doll category . Plenty of natural ability , hope he can go well and show that he is capable of being solid at the back .

Well one positive is if our wingers do better in attack it will take the pressure off whomever needs to step in.

To me he’ll need to be a sturdy defender , be able to catch bombs and just chime into the attack when he can.

He won’t and can’t replace Turbo but he will and can “ do a job”.

Ben Farrar springs to mind as capably filling in for Brett Stewart during one of his knee reconstructions.

So good luck to whomever it is.

Trials are NRL matches now according to Dean Ritchie
According to another Media expert Our Legendary club should charge less for home games than the Eels club that disgraced its club and humiliated their supporters for 14 years with wooden spoons .

Media calls an 8 time wooden spooner Souths team the Pride of the League

These Media people that have no soul for game do not to factor in the history of a club

The Real pride of the League is the Manly Sea eagles whos Legendary club has not stained its proud history with disgraceful humiliating wooden spoons

Bonus if he has put on a bit of bulk
Harper doesn't appear to have bulked up, but no doubt is strong & wiry.

Morgan Harper.jpg

With the game changing.. with the speed etc. Wouldnt be suprised to see alot of centres playing in the backrow. Traditional backrowers in the prop positions with the big boys being phased out.

Walker at lock would be interesting. Jake to prop. Shuster should be a shoe in for lock or second row with his big frame. Maybe not this early in his career but as he grows.

With the game changing.. with the speed etc. Wouldnt be suprised to see alot of centres playing in the backrow. Traditional backrowers in the prop positions with the big boys being phased out.

Walker at lock would be interesting. Jake to prop. Shuster should be a shoe in for lock or second row with his big frame. Maybe not this early in his career but as he grows.
Agree there is not much between backrow and lock nowadays

Well one positive is if our wingers do better in attack it will take the pressure off whomever needs to step in.

To me he’ll need to be a sturdy defender , be able to catch bombs and just chime into the attack when he can.

He won’t and can’t replace Turbo but he will and can “ do a job”.

Ben Farrar springs to mind as capably filling in for Brett Stewart during one of his knee reconstructions.

So good luck to whomever it is.
And not to overlook Michael Robbo when he adapted well at the back

Recall when Matty Wright filled in as a hooker for a while in 2018 , with the new rule changes wouldn 't rule out any reasonable scenario for positional changes

Logically that makes sense ... but the game has been on a mission for speed for a while and forwards (in fact all players) have never been bigger ... and getting bigger still ... I think Jake is the only forward we have under 195cm with a couple getting no change from 200cm ... but the key appears to be that they are athletic as well as big ...

I think the slower plodding forwards of size and a slow play the ball ... like Lodge from Broncos are at risk of being left behind ... but big players like Paseka, Saddler, Haas etc are the way of the future ... a big body at pace still draws in the defenders .. exactly what the half's in the quicker game want ..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2