Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Let's not forget that whoever the wingers are they will be much faster and turn and chase a lot better than Horhay use to. And if they are big then bombing to the wings is not as exciting for the opposition.
Making whoever is playing FB job easier.
My only concern is communication and knowing each other's play.

p.s. I love Jorge. But facts are facts.

Foot races on the piss, slipping over in bathrooms, fights at pizza shops, stabbings at church dances, losing their sh*t being interrupted on a video game, pissed and injuring themselves at a country footy weekend. That's just at Manly. Not to mention all the other rubbish going on over the last year at all the other clubs. I'm over it. These people are on massive incomes, they have limited time in their lives to make it yet this bulls**t continues. Wake up to yourselves, be professional and f**king well grow up.

Biggest drawback with Harper atm is that mo and haircut is horrific
A bit bizarre, you think ;)

Harper to be given first crack at fullback in the West tigers trial.
Source. Noel cleal interview on the telegraph
Interesting. He definitely impressed last year at centre and has obviously impressed Des even further in the off season to be getting first crack. Maybe this back up fullback we have been looking for is already on our books??? It's a big call to jump him ahead of guys like Tuipulotu and Funa.
I like the idea of Harper, it excites me more than other options as he really could be electric back there. He has also apparently played in the halves as a junior so would have some ball playing skills.
I actually suggested him months back as a utility but was shut down pretty quickly on here. May still be an option for him once Turbo is back?
We thought Harper was the forgotten man but obviously not, geez our backs depth looks good if Harper can stand up and be our back up #1

Last edited:
Interesting. He definitely impressed last year at centre and has obviously impressed Des even further in the off season to be getting first crack. Maybe this back up fullback we have been looking for is already on our books??? It's a big call to jump him ahead of guys like Tuipulotu and Funa.
I like the idea of Harper, it excites me more than other options as he really could be electric back there. He has also apparently played in the halves as a junior so would have some ball playing skills.
I actually suggested him months back as a utility but was shut down pretty quickly on here. May still be an option for him once Turbo is back?
The more I think about it the better it seems.
The guy looked hard to tackle last year.
It's the defence that worries me.
I guess we'll no more in a few weeks.

20% saying Koula... wow! Throwing an 18 year old in the deep end straight out of 18s. I just can't see that happening at all.
The benefit of Garrick at fullback is it potentially gives Tuipulotu a Crack on the wing.
Put Funa to fullback and we have Garrick on the wing. I think the Garrick option seems a stronger backline overall. Funa did a better job last year when filling in but it means Tuipulotu maybe misses out! I rate this kid as good as anyone in our backline and for that reason I have to find a way to get him in.
Option 1
1. Garrick
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Tuipulotu

Option 2
1. Funa
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick

Edit.
Smokey option
1. Saab
2. Tuipulotu
3. Walker
4. Suki
5. Garrick
I was once given the chance as an untried 18 year old in another field of endeavour ... and I guess in hindsight I may have been out of my depth. A little.

I was once given the chance as an untried 18 year old in another field of endeavour ... and I guess in hindsight I may have been out of my depth. A little.
Hope it wasn't too bad an experience.
Out of interest, what was it. A sock?

20% saying Koula... wow! Throwing an 18 year old in the deep end straight out of 18s. I just can't see that happening at all.
The benefit of Garrick at fullback is it potentially gives Tuipulotu a Crack on the wing.
Put Funa to fullback and we have Garrick on the wing. I think the Garrick option seems a stronger backline overall. Funa did a better job last year when filling in but it means Tuipulotu maybe misses out! I rate this kid as good as anyone in our backline and for that reason I have to find a way to get him in.
Option 1
1. Garrick
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Tuipulotu

Option 2
1. Funa
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Garrick

Edit.
Smokey option
1. Saab
2. Tuipulotu
3. Walker
4. Suki
5. Garrick
Throwing an 18 year old in the deep you say feathered friend ?

Only Some of the 18 year old success stories that I can think of

Tolu Koula ....... Give the Kid a break Des !!!

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin
They are some impressive names. If Koula can live up to those players we are certainly in for something special.

Lets not do an Albert hoppa on young Koula. only the coach will know he's up to it so if he decides to give him a crack then great.

Look at the Donkeys Tesi Nue kid. apparent world-beater when he was dropped into FG last year and was very ordinary getting dropped a few weeks later.

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin
I believe one Michael Robertson also debuted at 18 for the Raiders. He went from SG ball to reserves and straight into NRL in a season. Hopefully Koula is a bit better than him though ;)

Lets not do an Albert hoppa on young Koula. only the coach will know he's up to it so if he decides to give him a crack then great.

Look at the Donkeys Tesi Nue kid. apparent world-beater when he was dropped into FG last year and was very ordinary getting dropped a few weeks later.
I love Des But Schuster was ready before the final few rounds of the year that Des finally picked him.
Let us not look at the failures like Tesi for inspiration but look at all the success stories

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin

I love Des But Schuster was ready before the final few rounds of the year that Des finally picked him.
Let us not look at the failures like Tesi for inspiration but look at all the success stories

Jarryd Hayne
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Brad Fittler
Greg Inglis
Tim Brasher
Israel Folau
Andrew Ettingshausen
Karmichael Hunt
Justin Hodges
Jarrod Croker
Will Hopoate
Ben Ikin
Love your positivity BOZO but you leave yourself wide open on that point.
How do you know Schuster was ready? Truth is you don't.
Sure he did great for 60 min before the injury but unless you are indeed embedded in the manly system you like me and almost every other silvertailer know nothing about when these kids are ready.
Case in point Albert H. So many on here shouting from the rafters how ready this kid was. What a superstar he is and how stupid the coach was for not picking him earlier..... well that turned out well didn't it.
For every name on your list there are 10x for kids who could have been just as good but were dropped in too early and burnt out.

I think all the players you mention had reserve grade/senior experience prior to playing first grade/NRL. This year, our young players will have a chance to play in the Canterbury Cup. If they're good enough, they should be promoted to NRL. Hopefully, Schuster is the exception & will claim a permanent place in the NRL directly from juniors. He has the skills, is tough & also is a big body.

I think all the players you mention had reserve grade/senior experience prior to playing first grade/NRL. This year, our young players will have a chance to play in the Canterbury Cup. If they're good enough, they should be promoted to NRL. Hopefully, Schuster is the exception & wil claim a permanent place in the NRL directly from juniors. He has the skills, is tough & also is a big body.
You could be right . Maybe those players that I have mentioned did play reserve grade
But I think if the young player has the ability the skills and the toughness he is ready
There is a saying that if you are good enough then you are old enough !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7