Fullback Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you line up at fullback Vs the Roosters

• Funa

Votes: 59 35.5%
  • Saab

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Tuipulotu

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Garrick

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Koula

Votes: 33 19.9%
  • Weekes

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Harper

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Schuster

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Des mentioned that Harper has been training at fullback. I suspect Des will choose a player with NRL experience & who was in the team at the end of 2020 - Funa or Harper most likely. Garrick was a flop at fullback and I hope neither he, Walker or Parker is chosen there.
The Harper option probably excites me more than the others but I'd find it hard to not have Tuipulotu in my side. There is definitely a few more options than last year but still an epic disaster

To be fair if garrick has been training as a backup fullback it wouldn’t be the worst option. The last few years he has been the backup backup (Elliott trained as backup) and probably didn’t get much time to process the transition and responsibilities when he had to cover trbo/elliott last season.
Other than saab (who I think must start on the wing), Garrick looks most suitable for fullback in terms of his speed and his (albeit limited) experience. For whatever reason he has been very bad when playing there in the past though. Very hard decision but thankfully we have a few options that won’t mess up our backline too much.

Alternatively we could buy a fullback as we have one spot in the 30 left I believe? Harper is an interesting one and I personally hope Des goes with him but it would be a riskier choice. Or maybe Koula. I think it’s better to try one of these two/buy externally so that we can hopefully find a reliable backup fullback for 2021. Oh I forgot about Funa. Yeah maybe him as well. Tough decision.

You weren't the Harry that raced Tom were you???

It’s so hard to know who Des will play he gives away nothing and eluding to something then doing the opposite, Des played Metcalf at fullback in a trial last year if I remember and then didnt get seen again , I’d would like to see Koula given a crack , More likely Funa will get the nod from Des

Haha but the important thing is we dont panic
I just hope that Des is proactive this year and gives players an opportunity to show their wares, I know that because of covid last year there were players not getting a run in the lower grades but he's got an opportunity to blood the likes of Koula with the loss of Turbo before the season even begins and I reckon that's exactly what he should do
I actually think Harper could be a good option. Reasonable size, pace and defence. Has good footwork and from memory has been a 6 so could be ok as a ball player.
Much prefer Harper or Koula to Garrick in the number one, I still shudder whenever I think about Garrick running around confused and totally lost at the back last year, his efforts on the wing weren't much better but playing him at the back is a mistake Hasler can't afford to make again

I dunno, if Saab & Tuipoluto are on the wings, Garrick at fb could be okay - as long as he's developed a read of the game from the back & positions himself accordingly AND his wingers drop back to support him appropriately.

I reckon it'll be Funa though, unless Des is keeping his powder dry as back up centre for Suli & Walker.

Has Schuster played FB in the juniors?

It would be great to get an answer to this question. If he has played FB before he should at least be given some trial time in the fullback position.

I would love to see the part of the trial with the backline below. (Half the trial game would be great)

1. Schuster
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Suli
5. Tupilotu
6. Foran
7. Cherry Evans

I dunno, if Saab & Tuipoluto are on the wings, Garrick at fb could be okay - as long as he's developed a read of the game from the back & positions himself accordingly AND his wingers drop back to support him appropriately.

I reckon it'll be Funa though, unless Des is keeping his powder dry as back up centre for Suli & Walker.
I won't sleep for weeks now

My recall on Schuster is 5/8 along with some centre and edge backrow

No fullback

But......Im no expert so take that with a grain

Corey Thompson is at the Titans and behind in the pecking order. Perhaps going after him will solve our back up fb problems. He is miles better then any of the players we have.. funa is the best choice based on last year but Thompson trumps them all and wouldn't be too much. Thoughts Silvertails?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4