Fullback options...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Too late now to be signing guys last minute for depth. The club should have had a back up plan for Turbo long before now given his injury history. If that back up plan is Walker then that's what we are stuck with

Anyway the signing of Lawton the other day took us to 30 for the squad I assume. So who are we cutting to make way for Locke or Hunt ??
Hmmm........ Where to begin. Croker, Garrick would be the first of a long list. Garrick probably as allegedly he was signed as winger/fullback cover. Perhaps cut them both and sign Locke & Hunt on cheap one year deals. Cust into the nine spot, with Locke as backup fullback and Hunt as a depth utility.

Hmmm........ Where to begin. Croker, Garrick would be the first of a long list. Garrick probably as allegedly he was signed as winger/fullback cover. Perhaps cut them both and sign Locke & Hunt on cheap one year deals. Cust into the nine spot, with Locke as backup fullback and Hunt as a depth utility.
Desperate times call for innovative solutions :)

K hunt would provide such a good example to our young players.
FMD
Maybe he would actually. He has worked pretty hard to overcome his well known character defects/shortcomings as a younger player. No doubt his road to redemption might be a good example to the younger players in the squad. His age is against him but a one season deal could work well for us.

Exactly. Dorothy has lost plot.
  • no recognised fullback
  • no recognised hooker
  • no Shuster cust or guac for the first game
  • picking serial plodders parker, croker, garrick, jet ski
  • unfit squad for the modern game
You would expect this crap from a novice coach. Not a seasoned campaigner.
I'm not sure Des knows what a hooker does...

He has croker playing 9 for us, there's the famous Lichaa/Cook story and according to Wikipedia Reece Mahoney went to Parra in 2018 when the dogs told him he would never play 1st grade and passed on retaining him for $1500!!!

Guess who the bulldogs coach was in 2018...

EDIT: Dean Pay was coach at Bulldogs in 2018

Last edited:
I'm not sure Des knows what a hooker does...

He has croker playing 9 for us, there's the famous Lichaa/Cook story and according to Wikipedia Reece Mahoney went to Parra in 2018 when the dogs told him he would never play 1st grade and passed on retaining him for $1500!!!

Guess who the bulldogs coach was in 2018...
Dean Pay

No, Des was sacked in 2017, Pay had them all off season and into 2018 season. Not to say Des is a good judge of a hooker.
Although ironically, when we couldn't afford to keep both Api and Fainu, I thought (at the time) he made the correct choice.
I stand corrected SER8 - Dean Pay screwed the pooch on that one... gonna have to brush up on my Bullfrogs history... or not lol...

I know he was a kid but it seems ridiculous that a 'contract' of $1500 was being sought in 2018... bloody good buy for the squeals...

Manase had that sky-the-limit look to him but I always felt that Api's contribution was under-rated...

1. Funa
2. Harper
3. Koula the smokie
Are these the fb options behind Tom?
Centre
Centre
Fb possibly. Don’t know much about Koula tbh.

ive not thought much about the Elliot non resign until now but now that he’s been mentioned I prob would have taken him over sone of the other guys we’ve signed.

How easy would coaching / managing an NRL side be if you could just cut underperforming players without notice and without hindering your ability to recruit replacements. Not arguing that there aren't a couple of passengers at the moment, but unfortunately due to that pesky little contract we signed with them they are along for the ride all season.

Hunt would still have a bit to offer I imagine, surprised no one picked him up

How easy would coaching / managing an NRL side be if you could just cut underperforming players without notice and without hindering your ability to recruit replacements. Not arguing that there aren't a couple of passengers at the moment, but unfortunately due to that pesky little contract we signed with them they are along for the ride all season.

If Hunt still had something to offer, a side would have picked him up. I tell u what there is a player floating around qld right now not playing footy that I would have no problems if he was in our backline. I very handy fb replacement. Religious views aside of course!

Yep I get that rehoming is required before this has any chance of being a reality. And the "reality" of rehoming either of those players to any other club is extremely unlikely. It's the nature of the NRL recruitment beast (and poor recruitment decisions) that we are stuck with more passengers than players this season.

If Hunt still had something to offer, a side would have picked him up. I tell u what there is a player floating around qld right now not playing footy that I would have no problems if he was in our backline. I very handy fb replacement. Religious views aside of course!
I didn’t know Ben Barba was a religious guy?

even that Izzy bloke would be good

Manase had that sky-the-limit look to him but I always felt that Api's contribution was under-rated...
Api was bagged left and right in these here forums - can't pass, can't tackle, etc. Now he's a champion. The grass is always greener…

Des's best Manly sides had two - not one, two - good hookers, which is why I was confident when we had both Api and Manase to share the load. I know it was salary cap pressure and we had to pick one or the other and Manase seemed like the best bet at the time, but man, that didn't work out as anybody expected, did it?

At last count, the number of good hookers we currently have was at -4.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10