Full Team List for 2016,

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Afternoon folks, here's my 2016 premiers for you:

1) B. Stewart
2) J.Taufua
3) J.Lyon
4) S. Matai
5) T. Trbojevic
6) P. Hiku
7) DCE
8) J.Trbojevic
9) A. Koroisau
10) N.Myles
11) F. Mateo
12) J. Buhrer
13) M.Tapau

14) M. Parcell
15) B. Lawrence
16) L. Brown
17) D. Lussick

Happy to admit I didn't know that Hiku was a 5/8 option, but he seems to be handling it with the Kiwi's. I hope it works out for him because I'd love the club to find a permant spot for the bloke.

Could be a big year for Lawrence too if he stays healthy and gets some form back. The reduction in interchange will suit him, he's fit and fast when 100% and will be able to handle the extra minutes.

Haven't forgotten about Symonds, Starling and Leary either, quality players. Throw in Liam Knight and Addison who should make their debuts this season and we have one hell of a roster.

Massive change in our forwards isn't it? Of that team above only two forwards Jake T and Mateo were there last year. Haven't really counted Lawrence and Buhrer through injury. Looks good.......may not have finished yet? Love the depth in Juniors coming through too. Think Jake T will improve greatly under Myles' wing.

BM why the issues with others having an opinion on Tom Wright? It is a forum after all. Being a bit presumptious too assuming you are the only one who has seen him play and can have an opinion. I saw the two missed/weak tackles you are referring 2. The first was a miscommunication between the winger and himself which had both flat footed and and neither made a great attempt. The second he was beaten yes. I also saw Jayden Ngamu miss more than one tackle. I also saw Wright set up the first try for the NSW 1s winger and score the match winner from in a seemingly impossible move down a blindside of about a metre. NSW 1s won the match. Ive been reading these forums for years and remember the fuss made over Charlie Taylor (there is still some). Charlie couldn't even make the Australian A team from arguably the best NSW backline there had been. I for one don't think it was at all a reflection on his ability, nor is making the the Barbarian team a reflection on Wright. I noted he has defensive work to do as does just about every player coming in and out of 20s including Tommy T. Brookvale2015 was suggesting he is a chance for 2017. I agree. The way Barrett spoke about him on 2GB suggested 2017 is definitely a possibility.
I wasn't going to reply to your fuss but some facts need to be in order first. Taylor didn't make the Aust A Team, or should I say the Aust Team, because of Politics with his contract here at the club what I have been told close to the party.

The schoolboy rugby selectors pick around 45 players in total for both teams to give all the players a chance, even if your not that good, you have a chance of making at least One of the teams.

But unlike the Aust. Schoolboys league where they Only pick one team of the 17 best players in Australia .

Taylor was contracted to Manly at the time and was told by the former recruitment Manager who made this clear to Taylor he would not get selected for the Aust schoolboys rugby no matter what and won't be able to tour to England for the tests games because of his contract.

He did get selected for the NSW rugby teams twice and scored in every game and was selected for the Aust Schoolboys on the wing

Remarkably it was well documented , he did all this just in the nick of time recovering from a broken jaw which was operated on 8 weeks earlier, he had apparently pulled some of the elastic bands out of his wired mouth during this time, so he could throw solid foods down his neck to get his strength and weight back and be ready to compete in the Rugby, NSWCIS league and the Aust Schoolboys selections which were all on one after the other. Tough kid

Noticed as well Smithy for your information, Taylor was awarded the best player in the NSWCIS league team, especially from a winger and was man of the match prior to the Aust Schoolboys League trials in Cairns.

Enough said. I Hope Smithy that clears up some of the fuss mate as I don't want you being ill informed now

With Wright. I hope he does well but he has to get over a serious knee injury and get used to the hard hits / defence before he can prove himself as a league player and be talked about

Last edited:
Haha. Not at all. I rate Charlie surprised he hasn't got a run in first grade yet. The point was that if a player doesn't make the Aust Schoolboys it isn't necessarily a reflection of their ability or future success.
Seriously, he is only young to even consider that and you just have to look at how many outside backs the roosters have, they have more outside backs than we have hookers and their club has re signed more backs, Ferguson, Kenny Dowall, Tupou, Jennings, (English) Joe Burgess ect . The Roosters buy all the young good players around from other clubs even if they can't use them just to hang onto if needed. Personally I think its a stupid part on the manager, but I am hearing whispers from locals he will be lucky if he hangs around after June 30th being off contract at the end of this season coming and will be at a new club. Politics, hard work, good attitude and Luck ( getting a start from an injured player , a player that leaves, new coach or a playing in a new position ) play a big part in success.

Last edited:
I know that it's getting really really far ahead of ourselves but Manly are potentially going to have a scary side in 2017. If we pick up Walker like many have said we will have a lot of speed to burn in the backline with what looks like a hell of a lot of power in the forwards. If the boys play to their potential next year they will give the Premiership a red hot crack and will only get better in 2017!

2016/2017 back to back premiers anyone? Haha maybe I'm getting ahead of myself!

Symonds, Starling, Leary, Mateo and Lawrence and even Burgess. Then there is Knight and Demetriou all fighting for one or two spots, At least three of them need to go I think.

Afternoon folks, here's my 2016 premiers for you:

1) B. Stewart
2) J.Taufua
3) J.Lyon
4) S. Matai
5) T. Trbojevic
6) P. Hiku
7) DCE
8) J.Trbojevic
9) A. Koroisau
10) N.Myles
11) F. Mateo
12) J. Buhrer
13) M.Tapau

14) M. Parcell
15) B. Lawrence
16) L. Brown
17) D. Lussick

Happy to admit I didn't know that Hiku was a 5/8 option, but he seems to be handling it with the Kiwi's. I hope it works out for him because I'd love the club to find a permant spot for the bloke.

Could be a big year for Lawrence too if he stays healthy and gets some form back. The reduction in interchange will suit him, he's fit and fast when 100% and will be able to handle the extra minutes.

Haven't forgotten about Symonds, Starling and Leary either, quality players. Throw in Liam Knight and Addison who should make their debuts this season and we have one hell of a roster.

I'm tweaking that just a little now (I play Taupau same as a Paul Gallen type of roll):-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Peta Hiku
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbokevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence OR Liam Knight
17. Lewis Brown

18. Api Koroisou
19. Liam Knight
20. Josh Starling
21. Luke Burgess
22. Isaac John
23. Tim Moltzen
24. Fabian Goodall
25. Nathan Green
26. Addison Demetriou

Should be the top 25, or there abouts. Guys like Walker & Wright will play some NYC. We should have an outstanding NSW Cup team as well. All grades should be strong.

Koroisou starts the year when he is ready (I don't think he'll play much to start the season to be honest). We have a traditional bench of three props and a backrower (backrower able to slot into hooker / 5/8 - as can Buhrer).

For what it's worth, nrl.com have had a crack at predicting the Rd 1 lineups for each team.

For those of you too lazy to click the link and scroll down (this is usually me BTW ;)) their Rd 1 Manly team is:

1. Brett Stewart, 2. Jorge Taufua, 3. Peta Hiku, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Tom Trbojevic, 6. Jamie Lyon (c), 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Nate Myles, 9. Apisai Koroisau, 10. Jake Trbojevic, 11. Jamie Buhrer, 12. Lewis Brown, 13. Martin Taupau. Interchange: 14. Feleti Mateo, 15. Brenton Lawrence, 16. Darcy Lussick, 17. Tom Symonds.

Not too far off the mark IMO, although I think Parcell will be on the bench and possibly a switch between Lyon and Hiku. All in all, a pretty strong side!

For what it's worth, nrl.com have had a crack at predicting the Rd 1 lineups for each team.

For those of you too lazy to click the link and scroll down (this is usually me BTW ;)) their Rd 1 Manly team is:

1. Brett Stewart, 2. Jorge Taufua, 3. Peta Hiku, 4. Steve Matai, 5. Tom Trbojevic, 6. Jamie Lyon (c), 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Nate Myles, 9. Apisai Koroisau, 10. Jake Trbojevic, 11. Jamie Buhrer, 12. Lewis Brown, 13. Martin Taupau. Interchange: 14. Feleti Mateo, 15. Brenton Lawrence, 16. Darcy Lussick, 17. Tom Symonds.

Not too far off the mark IMO, although I think Parcell will be on the bench and possibly a switch between Lyon and Hiku. All in all, a pretty strong side!

Yeah I think that is fairly close to the mark. Barrett did say in an interview that Parcell would be in the 17 though.

I'm tweaking that just a little now (I play Taupau same as a Paul Gallen type of roll):-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Peta Hiku
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbokevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence OR Liam Knight
17. Lewis Brown

18. Api Koroisou
19. Liam Knight
20. Josh Starling
21. Luke Burgess
22. Isaac John
23. Tim Moltzen
24. Fabian Goodall
25. Nathan Green
26. Addison Demetriou

Should be the top 25, or there abouts. Guys like Walker & Wright will play some NYC. We should have an outstanding NSW Cup team as well. All grades should be strong.

Koroisou starts the year when he is ready (I don't think he'll play much to start the season to be honest). We have a traditional bench of three props and a backrower (backrower able to slot into hooker / 5/8 - as can Buhrer).
Playing him in the front row will take out the POWer from Kapow
He is not a work horse like Gallen

Whilst we are all penciling in Tafua for a wing spot I just have a feeling Barrett is not a fan.
If walker and Lavaka join for 2016 I can see Tafua being the one to miss out.

I don't think we will have anymore key signings for 2016. Based on the current roster, I believe the week 1 team will be:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. P. Hiku
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Myles
9. M. Parcell
10. J. Trbojevic
11. L. Brown
12. J. Buhrer
13. M. Tapau

14. A. Koroisau
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. F. Mateo / B. Lawrence / T. Symonds

I honestly think that Parcell will win the starting 9 over Api by week 1. I also see a very tough competition between Brown, Mateo, Lawrence and Symonds for a second row position and the last bench spot.

Looks like I was wrong as it seems we will be welcoming Walker shortly and saying goodbye to Buhrer. Updated below:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. P. Hiku
6. D. Walker
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Myles
9. M. Parcell
10. J. Trbojevic
11. L. Brown
12. F. Mateo
13. M. Tapau

14. A. Koroisau
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. B. Lawrence / T. Symonds

Looks like I was wrong as it seems we will be welcoming Walker shortly and saying goodbye to Buhrer. Updated below:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. J. Lyon (c)
4. S. Matai
5. P. Hiku
6. D. Walker
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. N. Myles
9. M. Parcell
10. J. Trbojevic
11. L. Brown
12. F. Mateo
13. M. Tapau

14. A. Koroisau
15. D. Lussick
16. J. Starling
17. B. Lawrence / T. Symonds

Whilst I hope Buhrer going is BS, if it were come to pass, I'd go with:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Peta Hiku
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Marty Taupau

14. Darcy Lussick
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Liam Knight
17. Lewis Brown

+ Walker to come in, in the event of injury.

Walker playing 6 just up sets the teams Feng shui. I still want Lyon or Hiku in the 6. All of a sudden it is Tom, Jorge or Hiku missing out. Hiku is wasted on the wing to start with. he's not super quick and he is better running at holes not beating blokes on the outside. But no way should we be leaving the current kiwi 5/8 and current test man of the match out of our 17. Do u then leave out Tom back to NYC? when we need speed on that wing? Nope.
Does Skivvy have to start to slow down and protect his body? do more teaching doing a bit of rotating between centre and wing so we can transition Hiku or Walker into the Centre? I'd give it a go but pretty sure when I've seen Skivvy play wing through others getting an injury during games that he was completely terrible there. Walker I'm not liking his feng shui. Seriously the best I can do with my Manly team list is stick his speedy heels on the wing at Taufuas expense.

Last edited:
If the Dylan Walker Jamie Buhur rumour is true.

1) B. Stewart
2) J.Taufua
3) J.Lyon
4) S. Matai
5)T.Trbojevic
6) D.Walker
7) DCE
8) M.Tapau
9) A. Koroisau
10) N.Myles
11) J.Trbojevic
12) B. Lawrence
13) L. Brown

14) M. Parcell
15) P. Hiku
16) F. Mateo
17) D. Lussick

Drop hiku?
Walker is better!

Bring him back on for injuries.
He's out of position on the wing anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4