Full strength potential

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like a mish mash of washed players from other teams along with 5 decent Manly players from 2016.

DCE, Turbos, Marty and Darcy. I will also accept Jorge and BJ.

Dylan Walker is as interested in playing for Manly as I am in the opera.

Sironen, Perret and Lane ?? You're putting a lot of faith in 3 unproven "potentials" there. Also none of those 3 are what you would call defensive workhorses, Jake is going to be a tired boy.

Yep I like that side. Regarding Hastings at 9 I agree re his service however I'm not sure how he goes defensively. I like a hooker who can make a good amount of tackles in the middle. I'd like to see a bit more of Cullen at 9

Personally I think Cullen is a half and doesn't have the build to manage the defensive responsibilities of a nine.

I want Hastings to be given a shot in the halves; however, I believe he has more transferable attributes for the 9 than Cullen. He also offers 80+% goal kicking. He is not tiny and is an impressive defender from what I've seen, in fact, he missed close to the least tackles on average for the Roosters last year at 0.8 per game.
IMG_3932.PNG
IMG_3933.PNG

Last edited:
Sironen, Perret and Lane ?? You're putting a lot of faith in 3 unproven "potentials" there. Also none of those 3 are what you would call defensive workhorses, Jake is going to be a tired boy.
good point. definitely more meters and size, but could spell disaster if you run into a fit side moving the ball around.

Next year i really hope we add another decent prop and back rower that can tackle, then the pack is so much more balanced.

Lussick and new prop up front with either AFB, Perret, Lane off bench as impact.
Jake, Marty and new back rower to start, Siro off the bench as impact.

Hastings to hooker and goal kicker (or possibly 5/8 as a general play maker)

Last bench spot is a utility. At the moment we only have brown to cover injuries. We have let go Symonds and Buhrer and we haven't really got a decent utility that could cover a injury in the forwards or back??

Personally I think Cullen is a half and doesn't have the build to manage the defensive responsibilities of a nine.

I want Hastings to be given a shot in the halves; however, I believe he has more transferable attributes for the 9 than Cullen. He also offers an 80+% goal kicking. He is not tiny and is a an impressive defender from what I've seen, in fact, he missed close to the least tackles on average for the Roosters last year at 0.8 per game.
View attachment 5021 View attachment 5022

For me in an ideal world I would get Foran back to partner DCE, and hastings at hooker and goal kicker. That combination would really work

good point. definitely more meters and size, but could spell disaster if you run into a fit side moving the ball around.

Next year i really hope we add another decent prop and back rower that can tackle, then the pack is so much more balanced.

Lussick and new prop up front with either AFB, Perret, Lane off bench as impact.
Jake, Marty and new back rower to start, Siro off the bench as impact.

Hastings to hooker and goal kicker (or possibly 5/8 as a general play maker)

Last bench spot is a utility. At the moment we only have brown to cover injuries. We have let go Symonds and Buhrer and we haven't really got a decent utility that could cover a injury in the forwards or back??
I'd like to see bainbridge given a little bit more time especially in the second row very good in defence. Maybe still a bit young?

My 2 Cents:

1. T. Trbojevic
2. J. Taufua
3. D. Walker
4. B. Kelly
5. B. Parker
6. B. Green
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. D. Lussick
9. J. Hastings (GK)
10. M. Taupau
11. F. Winterstein
12. L. Brown
13. J. Trbojevic (C)

14. A. Founa-Blake
15. B. Lawrence
16. S. Lane
17. L. Perrett

I honestly don't think Api should be anywhere near first grade. You could argue for Perrett or Lane to drop out for Cullen but I'm not sure about the utility requirement considering Brown. I also am not a fan of Brown but he is still better than our other options. I like the potential of Parker over Uate, although you could argue that Uate should get the spot over Taufua. I also prefer having Taupau in as a prop as he seems to be consistently good rather than occasionally dominant when he is in the second row. I'd also give Jake the captaincy rather the DCE as Cherry already has enough to deal with. He seems to be one of those players that the captaincy affects his game negatively.

My 2 Cents:

1. T. Trbojevic
2. J. Taufua
3. D. Walker
4. B. Kelly
5. B. Parker
6. B. Green
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. D. Lussick
9. J. Hastings (GK)
10. M. Taupau
11. F. Winterstein
12. L. Brown
13. J. Trbojevic (C)

14. A. Founa-Blake
15. B. Lawrence
16. S. Lane
17. L. Perrett

I honestly don't think Api should be anywhere near first grade. You could argue for Perrett or Lane to drop out for Cullen but I'm not sure about the utility requirement considering Brown. I also am not a fan of Brown but he is still better than our other options. I like the potential of Parker over Uate, although you could argue that Uate should get the spot over Taufua. I also prefer having Taupau in as a prop as he seems to be consistently good rather than occasionally dominant when he is in the second row. I'd also give Jake the captaincy rather the DCE as Cherry already has enough to deal with. He seems to be one of those players that the captaincy affects his game negatively.
Uate has been one of our best the last 2 weeks, very dangerous in attack and not too shabby at all defensively. So why would you drop him? Winter stein and Brown in the 2nd row in a full strength side???? Really? Granted Sirro hasn't set the world on fire, particularly last week, but anyone can see he still offers much more than Brown. Are you Trent?

Not many posters rate defence it would seem. As long as you can run hard 5-10 times a game who cares if you make only 10 tackles and miss 3 or 4.

I'd like to see bainbridge given a little bit more time especially in the second row very good in defence. Maybe still a bit young?

me too but I think the salary cap stops that.

He is either under 20's or second tier and therefore cannot play too many games before breaking the cap unless we can get dispensation for injuries.

This is possibly why we played such a small bench on the weekend given we had our 5 biggest guys out.

The only thing I would change from that team is I would have Hastings at hooker (at the very least he can pass and kick goals), Cullen on the bench and Api spending the rest of the season learning to pass in NSW Cup.
I agree 100% on that. I believe we have at least a Top 8 roster with a number of young blokes who will develop into players of the calibre of our great side coached by Hasler.

Unfortunately for them and us we have a coaching staff that are capable of little more than a wooden spoon.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8