Freddy Fittler... Super Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But then went 'youth/novices' across the field in game 1.:confused:

Game 2 he picked experience and they delivered :nerd:
Maybe he listened to the noise about the halves too much Game 1 HM but he was smart enough to recognise a dud move and abort the 'process'...

His changes for Game 2 didn't only involve bringing in experience... brought in Sims who has played 2 origin games, moved a 1 game bench utility into starting centre, brought in 1st gamers in Safiti and Finucane, dropped the experienced Mitchell (against everybody's advice - including mine)... none of those are what I would call obvious changes...

We talk about how Des put the Manly back in Manly... well I reckon Freddy chose his game 2 team based on attitude and commitment to NSW and it not only worked but it put the blue back in Blues...

The Walker/Cleary halves pairing was one of the worst selection blunders in Origin history, and even when he decided to drop Walker he wanted to go with Pearce. I’ll never understand why Maloney wasn’t the first picked. He carried Cleary last year.

Having said all that he deserves full credit for game 2. Ballsy selections that paid off. I wouldn’t have dropped Latrell but it looks like the right move now - maybe his poor attitude was infectious and that’s why Freddy knew he had to go.

Well done Freddy. Now show us what you’re really made of in game 3.

Finucane was great and should have been picked two years ago .... Jared Croker would have been a solid dependable centre before Latrell and is no less of a goal kicker

If Mitchell regains even a semblance of his best form, he will be NSW’s first-choice left centre for the foreseeable future. Croker will be left to rack-up honours in the NRL, potentially finishing as the greatest point-scorer rugby league has ever seen.

To do that, he would surpass an incoming Immortal in Smith. He would move past Mick Cronin, Daryl Halligan, Johnathan Thurston, Jason Taylor, Andrew Johns and Hazem El Masri.

He would be No.1 on a list of legends – yet the only player among them to never wear a major representative jersey. -
from Wide World of Sports article

I don't think coaches in SOOs really have much to coach. These are the cream of players and they know what to do. The QLDers wanted to win more in the first, the NSWers in the second. Maloney was a good selection and having Tommy T. back bolstered the back line of NSW enormously. But it was the forwards for QLD who helped win the first game and the shamed NSW forwards raised the bar for the second. I think NSW has the better team despite some shining lights in the QLD side such as DCE, Ponga, Munster etc. Fittler just had to stimulate NSW into firing, but I suspect little else. Its like Meninga with the Aussie squad. Australia just has the best players internationally...so they win.

Super coach hahaha hes crap he has the best team id coach them to victory. I remember we bashed the roosters so bad he got fired or quit :) this is why he hated us for so long.
Super coach has choosen wade graham for the number 6 for origin III.... what a simpleton.

Finucane was great and should have been picked two years ago .... Jared Croker would have been a solid dependable centre before Latrell and is no less of a goal kicker

If Mitchell regains even a semblance of his best form, he will be NSW’s first-choice left centre for the foreseeable future. Croker will be left to rack-up honours in the NRL, potentially finishing as the greatest point-scorer rugby league has ever seen.

To do that, he would surpass an incoming Immortal in Smith. He would move past Mick Cronin, Daryl Halligan, Johnathan Thurston, Jason Taylor, Andrew Johns and Hazem El Masri.

He would be No.1 on a list of legends – yet the only player among them to never wear a major representative jersey. -
from Wide World of Sports article

He is about 600 points behind smith and 7 years younger.

2 to 3 more seasons until he sits second at his normal rate.

Could easily crack 3000 points

Super coach hahaha hes crap he has the best team id coach them to victory. I remember we bashed the roosters so bad he got fired or quit :) this is why he hated us for so long.
Super coach has choosen wade graham for the number 6 for origin III.... what a simpleton.
People learn and grow BBTB.... fact is, EVERYBODY wanted to say he screwed the pooch on his game 2 selections and yet they had the 2nd biggest victory in NSW SOO history and the biggest win ever in a live (not a dead rubber) SOO game...

Personally, if he goes with Wade Graham over Mitch Pearce than i am declaring it - SUPER COACH lol

The Walker/Cleary halves pairing was one of the worst selection blunders in Origin history, and even when he decided to drop Walker he wanted to go with Pearce. I’ll never understand why Maloney wasn’t the first picked. He carried Cleary last year.

Having said all that he deserves full credit for game 2. Ballsy selections that paid off. I wouldn’t have dropped Latrell but it looks like the right move now - maybe his poor attitude was infectious and that’s why Freddy knew he had to go.

Well done Freddy. Now show us what you’re really made of in game 3.
He HAD to drop Latrell.
Can't have players thinking poor effort is acceptable.

He got lucky. Maloney was his last choice should have been his first. Very fortunate that Turbo and Wade Graham was in superb touch and killed them. I believe we would have done just as well with Mitchell there rather than Wighton. Let see what happens in game 3.

Haha, you obviously never skip legs day pjayz ...

I may have to find a pic of a couple of tree stumps to pay homage to Frankie now that you've issued a 'cease and desist notice'...
Ah yes I’m all about the squats Mr Stokes, squatting is easy, getting back up is another story sadly...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6