Freddy Fittler... Super Coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Dumped Latrell and Cody... brought in an 'out-of-form Maloney' and a 'sh*t prop', played two players out of position in the centres, had 'too many left-edge forwards and started with a bench full of forwards...

All against the expert opinions of commentators and punters alike...

Result: NSW's 2nd biggest victory in SOO history...

Is Freddy a future super coach? Or is he just a naughty boy (still)??

Has done well in Origin but his time at the Roosters as head coach isn't to flash.
Qld without the big 3 are a completely different team if he was coaching them during the time they played I don't think we would have got any more wins.
Maybe being older has helped his coaching, was probably to young and one of the boys while coaching the Roosters.

Dumped Latrell and Cody... brought in an 'out-of-form Maloney' and a 'sh*t prop', played two players out of position in the centres, had 'too many left-edge forwards and started with a bench full of forwards...

He got a team under enormous pressure to collectively play an outstanding game for 80 mins. One of the most complete NSW performances in years so he did great imo

Based on SOO 2 he is a genius, but have seen a few results that have been rather unflattering also....
Seems a little left field and different to the average coach and 1 thing I do like, he seems to coach a little less structured then some coaches, allowing a good flow in attack where the players tend to back their ability...from this perspective I like what he brings to the game.

Maybe being older has helped his coaching, was probably to young and one of the boys while coaching the Roosters.
Totally agree and he seems to have learnt since then... that game plan last night was extraordinary... I dont think that Tom playing as a roving back in attack or JAC taking the ball one-off in the middle of the field and using speed to run around the centers happened by chance... even using wade at 6 was a great choice...

He achieved huge where 90% of pundits were expecting him to fail...

I dont know yet.

Freddy's a space cadet but obviously has a good footy brain when you look back on his career as a player.

It's just that I still have an impression of him being a flippant, facetious joker sliding through on his natural talent (if you've read his autobiography, he says several times that he's had a lot of good luck throughout his life & is very laissez-faire about the opportunities he got).

I do think he's matured & does show a more serious side nowadays but is also very calm - I dont know if that's purely down to discovering yoga & an holistic lifestyle or if he's learnt that you dont have to crack jokes every time a microphone is in front of him, or a combination of both.

I'm prepared to keep an open mind & see how he goes as NSW coach for the time being before making any judgement calls.

He is a space cadet.

giphy.gif

Has done well in Origin but his time at the Roosters as head coach isn't to flash.
Qld without the big 3 are a completely different team if he was coaching them during the time they played I don't think we would have got any more wins.
If we managed wins against that Qld team with Laurie Daley then Im pretty sure Freddy would be able to manage some!

I've been meaning to have words with you Mr Stokes....I am somewhat tolerant when it comes to people admiring my pins; however, I must take issue with you brandishing them on your avatar without my permission. Please cease and desist.

Honestly if the Queensland forwards were not such powderpuffs, this thread wouldn't be up.
Worst performance I've seen from a QLD pack for some time. The Blues were electric though - everything was done at 100 miles per hour.

I've been meaning to have words with you Mr Stokes....I am somewhat tolerant when it comes to people admiring my pins; however, I must take issue with you brandishing them on your avatar without my permission. Please cease and desist.

I'm with you @pjayz , I've been trying to get @wombatgc to stop using my girlfriend as his avatar, but alas, he blatantly ignores me :(

Freddy is a State of Origin genius.
I promised I’d grant him that if he proved me wrong :D

I think Super’Origin’ Coach could potentially prove accurate if he continues to produce big match wins like that!

But as people mentioned, his approach appears better suited to rep football much like Mal Meninga. Granted they were both much younger and more inexperienced when they took the reins of the Roosters and Raiders respectively

For now Sky blues not the limit!
(I liked the ‘away’ jerseys last night)- The Navy blue design has an undefeated winning percentage- I wish the blues could stick to that design for game 3.

Really really hope to see The Blues make it 2 series in a row!

I’m a big fan of Freddy, genuinely good bloke who loves the game, and although he may have some left field ideas at times there is one of the best footy brains you will come across at the back of it all

Also like that he isn’t afraid to speak his mind on the big issues, notably early on in the year when he got stuck in about the special treatment the Storm were getting

I love the laidback nature of his coaching as well, will never forget a Warriors v Roosters game when he was the coach, scores locked at the death, they pan over to the coaches box and he is leaning there munching on an apple haha

Haha, you obviously never skip legs day pjayz ...

I may have to find a pic of a couple of tree stumps to pay homage to Frankie now that you've issued a 'cease and desist notice'...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8