Fox Sports' Matt Elliot Recruitment Evaluation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We don't consider finishing outside the 8 successful.
The point was that Arthur has continued to improve a squad which had major salary cap dramas, and now that we've dissolved the situation, I think the Eels will have the upper hand against an aging ( Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Loosick, Mateo ect.) Manly roster.

I wonder if you will still be on here half way through the comp when parra assume their rightful position in the bottom half of the comp. I suggest not or perhaps with another alias. ?

I think we can say that offering wheelbarrows full of money is the only way to attract players these days. Players have gone to the Eels for money and money alone. Same here, unfortunately.

Wheel barrows full if money ??
Aren't all teams governed by a thing called the salary cap? It's called salary cap management sir, & we can only assume our management is far better than Moanly's.

Didn't you guys also spend close to 2 million on one player, who would have won gold at Rio Olympics, for one of the greatest back flips in history ?

We don't consider finishing outside the 8 successful.
The point was that Arthur has continued to improve a squad which had major salary cap dramas, and now that we've dissolved the situation, I think the Eels will have the upper hand against an aging ( Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Loosick, Mateo ect.) Manly roster.

You parra fans always go on about manlys players age yet Lyon and stewart are coming off great year as is Matai and Lussick is 26 you retard age is just a number to some players have a look at your old players they are not exactly performing like manlys older player are they scott, Gordon and Watmough are going to be horrible next year playing for the grave yard club

Aren't all teams governed by a thing called the salary cap? It's called salary cap management sir, & we can only assume our management is far better than Moanly's.

Didn't you guys also spend close to 2 million on one player, who would have won gold at Rio Olympics, for one of the greatest back flips in history ?
At least we didn't spend 2 million on an injury prone half who can't perform without cherry evans and stewart

Manly has a better forward pack than the eels.
Yes exactly manly team vs parra team
1.Gordon vs Stewart=Stewart
2.Semi vs Tafua=Semi
3.Jennings vs Lyon=Lyon
4.Takarangi vs Matai=Matai
5.Gutho vs Trbojevic=Trbojevic
6.Norman vs Walker=Walker
7.Foran vs DCE=DCE
8.Paulo vs Trbojevic=Trbojevic
9.Peats vs Parcell/Koroisau=Parcell/Koroisau
10.Mannah vs Myles=Myles
11.Ma'u vs Mateo=Mateo
12.Scott vs Buhrer=Buhrer
13.Watmough vs Taupau=Taupau

14.Alvaro vs Brown=Brown
15.Gower vs Lussick=Lussick
16.Moeroa vs Symonds=Moeroa
17.Pauli vs Starling=Starling

Yes exactly manly team vs parra team
1.Gordon vs Stewart=Stewart
2.Semi vs Tafua=Semi
3.Jennings vs Lyon=Lyon
4.Takarangi vs Matai=Matai
5.Gutho vs Trbojevic=Trbojevic
6.Norman vs Walker=Walker
7.Foran vs DCE=DCE
8.Paulo vs Trbojevic=Trbojevic
9.Peats vs Parcell/Koroisau=Parcell/Koroisau
10.Mannah vs Myles=Myles
11.Ma'u vs Mateo=Mateo
12.Scott vs Buhrer=Buhrer
13.Watmough vs Taupau=Taupau

14.Alvaro vs Brown=Brown
15.Gower vs Lussick=Lussick
16.Moeroa vs Symonds=Moeroa
17.Pauli vs Starling=Starling
Habib if u can't read I understand your a parra supporter I'll simplify it for u only semi would manlys team and Tepai that's 15 to 2 manly win

Habib if u can't read I understand your a parra supporter I'll simplify it for u only semi would manlys team and Tepai that's 15 to 2 manly win

The proof will be in the pudding, & I can guarantee that Parra will finish above Moanly. I have no doubts.

You have no five eighth, as Walker is inexperienced in that position. Not many workers in that pack that's full of 30 minute players.

The proof will be in the pudding, & I can guarantee that Parra will finish above Moanly. I have no doubts.

You have no five eighth, as Walker is inexperienced in that position. Not many workers in that pack that's full of 30 minute players.
Trbojevic 80 minutes
Parcell 80 minutes
Myles 60 minutes
Mateo 80 minutes
Buhrer 80 minutes
Taupau 40 minutes

Brown 80 minutes
Lussick 50 minutes
Symonds 80 minutes
Starling 60 minutes

What was that habib? And no 5/8? He played his whole junior career at 5/8 im sure he will be okay plus DCE will be doing the playmaker work so walker will play like Milford just run no kicking accept chip and chase

What's your reasoning behind us finishing lower that parra don't matta?

Habib - I do like your enthusiasm.
You must understand you will have no 5/8 after round 3 with Mr Hamstring Foran gone, Chronic shoulders watmough will fade away by round 5 - a good thing for you as the kid Moeroa can play & will claim his rightful spot - in fact a future star. Scott - sure he can intimidate a halfback with a dog shot while vulnerable 4 seconds after passing the ball, but is also a walking wounded type.
The Jennings signing - hey he has flashes of brilliance if he gets decent service , which personally, far from convinced he will.
TBH look forward to seeing clubs new signings in general & eels have recruited pretty well, never know - could sneak into the 8 but as an Eels fan, advice would be - hope for the best but expect the worst.

It was actually 10 million

So A$2100 (at current exchange rates) then Habib?
So your agree rating on this post confirms your first posting - that you say you have backed Parra to win the premiership with A$2,100.

What odds did you get? And how much will that mean you win if Parra wins?

You misunderstand me. Inside or outside the salary cap, players sign with teams (any team, including Manly) for two reasons, money or opportunity. The Eels, whether you like it or not, have a terrible record over the last 30 years. And the management has been a shambles. But if you offer them enough money, players will overlook that. As I said, no different to any club (except for the lack of results). Players go where the money is.

Let's not forget, Arthur took a team which had just won a wooden spoon under Ricky, to a near top 8 finish in his first year.
Then we unexpectedly lost our million dollar player in Hayne to the NFL, and had no chance of replace him for most players had been signed for the 2015 season.

Many thought we wouldn't win squat without Hayne, but Arthur had the team within a game of the 8 all season.
+ the Eels did beat Manly twice.

I think we can safely say Arthur has ability to coach & unbelievable ability to attract players.

I didnt say he wasnt a good coach. I just said he had not yet shown that. If you are impressed with 10th and then 12th place (with 13th worst for and against) then you have low expectations of your team.

Sure Arthur improved their position on the table in 2014. It then dropped in 2015. Sure losing Hayne was a major loss. But they knew he was going as early as September 2014. And they certainly would not have been able to plunder Manly to get Foran, Gutherson etc if he had stayed. Good as he is, one player doesnt make a team. Beating a seriously weakened Manly last year is hardly an endorsement of coaching ability. The test for Arthur starts this year as it does for Barrett. Both teams have recruited well and should improve significantly (you see I'm not hiding behind the loss of Foran, Hiku, Gutherson).

Let the series begin and by the way Habib, you slipped there by saying 'Many thought WE wouldnt win squat without Hayne'. Its confirmed where your loyalty lies doesnt it.

It's called salary cap management sir, & we can only assume our management is far better than Moanly's.

Wat.

image.png

Eels have a good team, I think, but not as good as Manly's. It feels awkward to have our old guys picked on when they're lining up with Gordon, Scott, Mannah and Watmough.
I think it'll come down to the coaches. If Barrett is any good he'll get us into the top 4. Arthur should get the eels into the 8 and if he doesn't he should be sacked.

Eels have a good team, I think, but not as good as Manly's. It feels awkward to have our old guys picked on when they're lining up with Gordon, Scott, Mannah and Watmough.
I think it'll come down to the coaches. If Barrett is any good he'll get us into the top 4. Arthur should get the eels into the 8 and if he doesn't he should be sacked.
Agreed,if Parra miss the 8 again this year it is an absolute certainty that Arthur will be sacked, regardless of extensions signed etc. If they keep a coach who has had 3 years there and failed to make the 8 each year, then the whole board should walk away in disgrace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6