Fox Sports' Matt Elliot Recruitment Evaluation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We couldn't beat Parra at Brookie with the season on the line. Yep we were awesome.

That was a hard loss to take given the circumstances. That afternoon we just looked disinterested for some reason. But then again, the signs were there the week before when we only just got out of gaol against Canberra.

ive go no problems with elliotts commentary,just his preseason assessment of our team,i think bozo did a great job.

Zerotackle is currently going through the same process...they're up to the top three and we haven't been mentioned yet.

100000 rupees.

Thing is Habib, Parra's coach is a little in the same frame as Manly's new coach. Everyone in the supposed know are lauding their abilities, but as yet we have not seen anything to justify that faith. Barrett is yet to coach a first grade side, and Arthur hardly impressed in his first year with the Eels. But I also agree they recruited well, both sides, and both may surprise. I cant see either winning the comp but I'd be quite interested in the odds for the final four for both sides.

Thing is Habib, Parra's coach is a little in the same frame as Manly's new coach. Everyone in the supposed know are lauding their abilities, but as yet we have not seen anything to justify that faith. Barrett is yet to coach a first grade side, and Arthur hardly impressed in his first year with the Eels. But I also agree they recruited well, both sides, and both may surprise. I cant see either winning the comp but I'd be quite interested in the odds for the final four for both sides.

Let's not forget, Arthur took a team which had just won a wooden spoon under Ricky, to a near top 8 finish in his first year.
Then we unexpectedly lost our million dollar player in Hayne to the NFL, and had no chance of replace him for most players had been signed for the 2015 season.

Many thought we wouldn't win squat without Hayne, but Arthur had the team within a game of the 8 all season.
+ the Eels did beat Manly twice.

I think we can safely say Arthur has ability to coach & unbelievable ability to attract players.

Last edited:
Let's not forget, Arthur took a team which had just won a wooden spoon under Ricky, to a near top 8 finish in his first year.
Then we unexpectedly lost our million dollar player in Hayne to the NFL, and had no chance of replace him for most players had been signed for the 2015 season.

Many thought we wouldn't win squat without Hayne, but Arthur had the team within a game of the 8 all season.

I think we can safely say Arthur has ability.
This here is the difference, the REAL difference between Manly and the Squeels.

Squeels *Almost* make the eight = successful season..

We have a disgraceful season, finish just outside the eight (but ABOVE the Squeels) and it's clean out the squad and hire some fresh guns... Yet we still finished higher than Parramatta...

We don't consider finishing outside the 8 successful.
The point was that Arthur has continued to improve a squad which had major salary cap dramas, and now that we've dissolved the situation, I think the Eels will have the upper hand against an aging ( Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Loosick, Mateo ect.) Manly roster.

We don't consider finishing outside the 8 successful.
The point was that Arthur has continued to improve a squad which had major salary cap dramas, and now that we've dissolved the situation, I think the Eels will have the upper hand against an aging ( Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Loosick, Mateo ect.) Manly roster.
As apposed to the youthful Gordon, De Gois, Gower, Scott, Watmough and Wicks (all 30+). BTW, Fullysick is only 26.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Forwards peak at around 29-30 + we have ample backup. Your problem is in key backs positions.
Still plenty of magic in Stewart, Lyon and Matai, plus the best young back coming through in Tom Trbojevic. Tafua is still young and we have youth in the halves. We both know which team will finish ahead of the other; as much as you don't want to accept it, deep down you know the truth.

Besides, this aging backline kept us in the hunt last year, because the forwards sure didn't. Now we have the forwards and young stars in the making like Liam Knight. This team will be far superior to last year and will come home strongly.

I think we can safely say Arthur has ability to coach & unbelievable ability to attract players.

I think we can say that offering wheelbarrows full of money is the only way to attract players these days. Players have gone to the Eels for money and money alone. Same here, unfortunately.

I've got news for you my slimy friend, Arthur has been coach at Parra for 2 years, this will be his third and he hasn't even looked like making the top 8. You seem to have bought into the love in about the great Dalai Arthur. He is an absolute rubbish coach who's record includes coaching a team for an entire season without a single win.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4