Foward pack better than 2014??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mozgrame said:
We need more speed and mobility in our pack, so I think we should mix it up next year. Really put the NRL in a spin and change the game forever.

1. Willie Mason
2. Brenton Lawrence
3. Ferris
4. Mateo
5. Starling

6. Foz
7. DCE

8. Wolf
9. Ballin
10. Matai

11. Jamie Lyon
12. Jorge
13. Hiku

14. Vave
15. Horo
16. JSL
17. Symonds

Hmmm, not sure about Ballin at 9...

mickqld said:
We've lost 2 origin/test backrowers & picked up a couple of reject journeymen. I can't see how anyone can say we are better off. Our pack is mostly plodders & rejects i.e Mason,Lawrence, Starling, Symonds,Vave,Lui, Mateo, Horo , all played first grade at other clubs and were punted for being average. We'll struggle to get near the top 8.

Look foward to..."what a suprise, Manly again a force with all these rejects"
Would expect people especially on this site to be used to it....
If theres no excitement about Mateos ability theres simply a dif of opinion.
Stewart hardly played and Watmough on 1 leg was gutsy but not great.
I expect an improvement and by mid season be suprised if this pack is not solid enough to allow more attacking options, defensively will be the test which comes back to attitude and without so much negative influences, this could also improve

From the pack that played Dogs in finals, a game we would have won if the refs had the guts to make the offside call against Reynolds we have lost King and Harrison and will get back Ferris and Matt B. Then have added Mason, Vave, Matteo and Qld backrower. Also will hopefully have Turbo back in the mix. So based on that I would say we will be better off.

Is the judge of our pack not the dogs but the way soufs treated us prior to that?

rosco said:
From the pack that played Dogs in finals, a game we would have won if the refs had the guts to make the offside call against Reynolds we have lost King and Harrison and will get back Ferris and Matt B. Then have added Mason, Vave, Matteo and Qld backrower. Also will hopefully have Turbo back in the mix. So based on that I would say we will be better off.

Good call re the point made about big dodgy ref non-call cost us GF opportunity and all those gun forwards back from injury, or 2015 acquisitions.

lsz said:
Is the judge of our pack not the dogs but the way soufs treated us prior to that?
Both ... but added to the way they ground out matches all though the season to have us within a whisker of the minor premiership.

The week-in-week-out consistency is the greatest unknown, but the systems we've had in place for several years seem to always have us up there so I'm not worried.

lsz said:

Is the judge of how souths treated us how we played when both packs were at full strength in round 2 or later in the year when we had injuries and destabilization?

There is a lot of ignorance of our packing keeping up with souths prior to being decimated by injuries.

i have not doubt our pack last year was good at grinding out games. If you were not at your best it was a struggle to beat us. I think the missing piece was the ability to increase the tempo (like in 2008 or 2011 when there were periods where we would visibly take up the tempo

really don't know why everyone has Horo starting, he was garbage this year and Symonds really stepped up.

and yes, our forward pack is better. Glenn barely played, Watmough was injured/focused on other matters and King was past it.

I fear we will miss choc terribly...... Hope I'm really wrong, just don't see anyone who will fill his shoes and play his role... Digs in and gets the tuff stuff done when really needed for 80mins.........

The pack just needs to hold their own and not be dominated.

Our backs will take care of the rest.

c eagle said:
I fear we will miss choc terribly...... Hope I'm really wrong, just don't see anyone who will fill his shoes and play his role... Digs in and gets the tuff stuff done when really needed for 80mins.........

We all said the same when BK left, the following year we lost the GF to cheating scum followed by the record breaking biggest GF win again against cheating scum

First round, Choc is going to want to hurt DCE. Mason will be Dce's right hand man for the first 15

We will find out the mindset of our forwards very quickly, and maybe a few backs.

I can't wait to see us smash them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4