Foran or Feleti?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Foz will be earning over 1.2m and Mateo aprx 300 grand ? then i would say Mateo is definitely much better value as we have a player that is more skilful (where as Foz is more of a workaholic ) and we also have over 700 grand to spend on another quality players . When Mateo is on song he has skills that other players only dream about .

Last edited:
It would be so ****ing sweet if we were the team to get consistency out of Feleti. Another ex Parra guy we took to another level and Foz the dickhead thinks it works the other way!

Seriously, anyone arguing Mateo over Foran has rocks in their heads. One is a premiership winning half. The other was good...around 2009. Mateo could barely run/keep up with play over those last 20 minutes, although he did look good in patches.

Seriously, anyone arguing Mateo over Foran has rocks in their heads. One is a premiership winning half. The other was good...around 2009. Mateo could barely run/keep up with play over those last 20 minutes, although he did look good in patches.
If contract value is part of the judging process I'd rather Mateo 3 times

Mateo has way more talent. Just lazy in patches. If we had a better strength and conditioning team and got mateo super fit he would a real weapon.

When rose left Manly he said he never trained so hard while at Melbourne, gift reckons he is in best shape of life. Our strength and conditioning team need an overhaul

Felti definitely.
Foran overrated. Go and play with Watmough and the buch of looser called parramatta. More wodden spoons than anybody.
Manly have lost better player's than Foran such as Eddie, Fulton etc. But rebuild as they have always done and continue to be the best team in a he NRL.
Eddie?, where did Eddie Whiley go to?
Eadie retired end of 1983, and had a couple of seasons in England a few years later, he never left Manly for another club

Always thought this. Dce can turn a game on its head. foran is a decent player but over rated! Not worth a million. I dont want dce to go. Always thought he was class and still hopeful he can stay. I can't believe we are not trying to lock him up long term and build the team around him. If we can get 2 rep forwards to go with the young sao and turbo and ferris dce would kill it. Played the back half of last year on one leg behind a small injured pack and all the media was against him and every one criticising him he was the blame for choc and glen going...it's bull****. Management get your act together forget foz there's still hope for dce.

Its a popularity contest as well, this is why forwards struggle to get votes

That first half of footy tonight, I wonder if Foran could have turned it on like DCE did. If the 6/7 combo was Foran and Mateo tonight, I think we would have lost.

For me, the correct answer is, was and always will be DCE.
DCE has the more varied skillset always has but his execution and composure has been inconsistent too often. Shows great composure and execution at times others he is rushed and not direct enough or over complicates simple plays.

Foran is consistent plays tough and at the line(DCE is more composed playing off the back of second man plays like most halves these days and not flat at the line) and more composed but lacks the variety of DCE. Foran also inspires players around him but obviously not with his attitude for the last 6-8 weeks of last year.

Both halves have been playing poorly more due to our lack of forward punch and space than their own failings, becoming frustrated due to the lack of options that punch in the forwards provides.

Once frustrated and knowing things are not going to get better any poor attitude will be shown up---I have to say in this instance DCE has had a better attitude during this period but overall Foran is more inspirational to fellow team-mates.(Both play tough for halves that is for sure DCE can get through a mountain of targeted work at him)

A skilled young half to compliment a Foran with his head screwed on right is the better option long term, a more rounded skillset alone is not enough to justify picking DCE over Foran.

You may be right or wrong about Foran but he doesn't want to be at Manly so any assessment by fans of his skill is interesting but sadly irrelevant. To be quite honest, for a bloke who has been referred to often as being as hard as nails by many (including myself), his disgraceful attitude for the last 7 or 8 games of his stint at Manly belies that description totally.Toughness is truly measured when the chips are down.

I said at the time ,much to the mirth of many, that his performance in the Four Nations was a slap in the face for Manly and history has shown that to be correct.On the other hand ,DCE and Watmough,who I believe behaved in a very ordinary way off the field re these farcical negotiations,continued to contribute on the field when the chips were down.

Both are gone. To believe that Cherry Evans would backflip after his Sterling expose is to believe in the tooth fairy. The other bloke left mentally 6 months ago and physically a short time after and that will be confirmed shortly.

Time for the club to move on.We have some great young talent and I am looking forward to see how they develop.

Last edited:
This whole "great performances for NZ" is getting a little over-rated, he was playing behind a bigger pack and really not playing out of his skin, just doing what he had to do.

Foran was trying hard in that Parra game and was more dangerous than DCE while on the field---still don't get the dropping the ball in disgust moment seemed a little immature.

I agree Forans attitude has not looked good on the field and in the media through the back end of last year, coming across as a stubborn likes to sleep in lazy winey unmotivated guy but a few players in that core senior group have come across that way also---a product of their attitudes.(Which disappoints me because I always thought he was his own man and not a follower)

A switched on focussed Foran can lead Manly to more Premierships with a young skilled half----and if you have the right recruitment skills you can find them in this modern day of deep analysis of a players attributes.

The NRL is not like the past when one Ricky Stuart or one Andrew Johns comes along and the rest are a million levels below for the next decade. The skillset on younger players who have analysed the best and watched so many games offer faster rates of improvement than the past.

I stated years ago I think before DCE was signed that the modern player is more tactically aware and has a much more rounded skillset to offer, they are already structured to a degree also(overly so in many respects but good in others) and have grown up with more technical computer games and an appreciation of the technical aspects of American sport.

I was never in favour of signing both players back in 2012(I'm sure there is an old post somewhere at the time) and the tough decision should have been made then.(this is Manly's biggest mistake) Yeah we would not have made the 2013GF but it would have lead to a smoother transition phasing out slowly the senior playing group and a much more balanced line up.

Well TC, your talk on Foran is a moot point. He won't let the fans or the club enjoy our win over Melbourne long, as the week's media after tomorrow morning will be about him going to Parramatta, and we are back to crisis bull****.

Thanks for your timing Kieran. You should have fronted up months ago when you signed you creep.

Now, we HAVE to keep Feleti at 5/8. Why not get him used to the position? We then don't even have to go out and buy another 5/8 then. We also have enough backrowers not to get any more of those either.

Think of ALL that money we can throw at props like Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess, and all the other best props on the market.

Thanks for the memories Kieran - I hope you lift your game another level for them from what we have seen the past 3-4 months of your terrible play.

Well TC, your talk on Foran is a moot point. He won't let the fans or the club enjoy our win over Melbourne long, as the week's media after tomorrow morning will be about him going to Parramatta, and we are back to crisis bull****.

Thanks for your timing Kieran. You should have fronted up months ago when you signed you creep.

Now, we HAVE to keep Feleti at 5/8. Why not get him used to the position? We then don't even have to go out and buy another 5/8 then. We also have enough backrowers not to get any more of those either.

Think of ALL that money we can throw at props like Sam Burgess, Tom Burgess, and all the other best props on the market.

Thanks for the memories Kieran - I hope you lift your game another level for them from what we have seen the past 3-4 months of your terrible play.
You never know Ryan......

Sour grapes ,All this talk about Foran being just average , You guys have sand in your va****s.
He is great defensively ,the gaps he puts players into is 2nd to none ,and has so much Natural talent its unbelievable. But right ,you experts have more idea than The Stewarts ,Sterling & Des (Some of his biggest fans)
I will be sad to see him go (hopefully he doesn't ) ,but life goes on .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6