For those who are anti-Kent, you might want to read

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm anti kent and all monkey typists, but even monkey typists can produce something worthwhile.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/3fa16c453af610be27069defb0cfe63f

How Melbourne manipulate the media and the referees to get away with wrestling

Exactly nobody in the history of rugby league ever walked out of a footy ground and said: “Great game, just wish I saw more wrestling.”
Yet every NRL team’s success depends entirely on its ability to wrestle.
It is the perfect example of the confusion the game has created; nobody wants wrestling, but nobody can win without it.
And the game does not know what to do about it.
Small wars are being fought all around the game at the moment.

South Sydney boss Shane Richardson became a minor hero this week when he had the courage to put his name to a sentiment that is widespread throughout the NRL.

Coaches and club officials at other clubs have privately contributed to Richardson’s weighty argument.
The Storm have hit back with a passive aggressive campaign kept largely private. Journalists reporting the argument have been barraged with texts.
A Storm-friendly reporter will receive a text from one of several Storm officials that begins along the lines of “You’re a better journo than that …”
Those viewed as unfriendly are called a disgrace and accused of running an agenda, or of being another club lackey. For some, this week began with the first and ended with the second.

Clubs are sick of asking the NRL to deal with it. One coach sent the NRL 32 clips of illegal Storm tactics, from two games, and received no response. Another coach sent in more clips and, worse, discovered the NRL told the Storm what he did.

The wrestling is the fault of the 10m rule. If tacklers don't slow down the ruck the game turns into touch footy rubbish.

The fix needed is to replace the 10m rule with the old rules of the defence back 5m and the attack back 5m. Then there will no need to wrestle, teams will get creative with the ball and every six tackle set might actually look different to the last set.

FFS now the game has two referees that rule change can't be too difficult for the NRL to actually implement.

I am loving the anti-storm rhetoric, but all it is going to do is fuel another premiership this year

I am loving the anti-storm rhetoric, but all it is going to do is fuel another premiership this year
giphy.gif

The thing is, if we want change to occur, we need the storms tactics called out.

We need coaches at pressers calling Bellyache and his minions out on it. We need journalists to keep the public eye on the issue.

Be aggressive, question Anersley, the Turd and Bellyache himself.

I think we can thank krillich for starting this but I fear no one will finish it.

Unfortunately ,Gus Gould is probably our only hope.

As far as people who not only know the game but also know the job.....unfortunately yeah.

Whoever does eventually replace Greenturd, because he won't have the job forever, is going to be walking into a hornets nest of problems. I don't envy whoever it will be.

I honestly believe Gus is the man for the job.He has a great Footy brain and holds many old school values .He loves the game and is probably the guy to save it.
Unfortunately we would have to hear it from him and see that ugly mug more often.
Oh well ,you gotta take the good with the bad.
Get it done Fugly.......

I honestly believe Gus is the man for the job.He has a great Footy brain and holds many old school values .He loves the game and is probably the guy to save it.
Unfortunately we would have to hear it from him and see that ugly mug more often.
Oh well ,you gotta take the good with the bad.
Get it done Fugly.......

If only he or someone like him was actually interested in the job. But then again, sometimes you take things Gus says with a pinch of salt because he always seems to have an agenda somewhere. So who knows, he says he's not interested.....but yet might be.

He is his own biggest fan ,Narcissism and all,He would do a great job .
Already has the media on side ,
Knows the game inside and out .
Has a footy brain (in that massive head)
& most importantly has a genuine love for the game ,our old game,not this current b#ll**** we are force fed.
I hate listening to him ,but have been bandying his name for top job for more than ten years now.
If he won't do it ,Im sure he knows the right candidate ,who could right this ailing ship.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/3fa16c453af610be27069defb0cfe63f

The simplest most direct reporting of these cheating win at all cost pricks ever. Seems the media have realised the public don’t want to hear about this champion storm team and reporting what they actually are sells papers and resonates.
So he’s finally reporting what has been bleedingly obvious to most NRL supporters for the last decade... so is every other “journalist.” There is a huge upswell of anti Storm sentiment from fans, opposition clubs and ex-players. Hardly ground breaking.

Kent is a flat track bully.

In my opinion.

Last edited:
Sometimes I'm for Kent sometimes against.
Polarising character...
This may seem trivial to some. So I’m watching the Matty Johns podcast.(not really into it, but the convo they were having hooked me in). So there’s Johns, Finchy, and Kent. Now Kent was talking about Peter Frilingos and some of the old journos and such. And it was a really good yarn, but mainly just between Kent and Matty, who was also telling stories about the hate Warren Ryan and chippy had for each other. And this must’ve gone on for 15 minutes. The whole time Finchys listening and paying attention. Then they turn to hall of fame, finally Matty brings Finchy into the convo asking him about playing with Ruben Wiki. And off Finchy goes (but not in his dick head role he usually plays, it was good stuff). About now I can’t help but notice Kent has got his phone out, scrolling, reading, and pretending to listen. And he keeps going. By now I’m yelling at Kent, ‘put your bloody phone down and show some respect!’. It became obvious to Finchy, and he tapped him on the arm jokingly to try and get his attention as he was talking. By now the conspiracy theorist in me started thinking there must be some bad blood between the two because of Kent giving it to the Storm, and Finchy (disgustingly ) backing them.
But no, Matty takes over, and bugger me if Kents still at it. He’d throw in a laugh on cue, but kept scrolling on his fkn phone.
It was all good when he was talking about his journo days, then once it turned to blokes actually playing more than one game of footy, he totally brushed them. I know I sound like a cranky old bastard, but f*ck it gave me the shiits. Disrespectful, arrogant, and just plain rude. .......Rant over :banghead:

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8