For & Against: Tom Trbojevic will be Manly's best ever fullback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In my time - Turbo is still on the rise, but ppl forget just how good the Snake was....there are freaky things he done on the field, I have never seen any player do and not a coincidence- but often.
Turbo has unlimited potential and could get there, but needs a premiership or 2 to be in that conversation....
The impact of Tom however, is the score of Manly with Tom, vs Manly without Tom...approx 36 - 10 imo.

So what was the explanation for the Knights game then? Hidden kryptonite left on the field?

The NRL have turned the game into the Under 8s. The smart players quickly learn to just put themselves where to expect the ball and score.

A 9 zip penalty count til the last minute?
Add the 6m - 7m Knights defensive line from the opening whistle and constant rubbish calls, whilst turning a blind eye to forward passes and high shots(1st time this season).
Personally don't even rate it as a game, more a comicle debacle that has no serious impact on where Manly are at - more just 2 points that were never available.

Already the most talented player that has ever put on the manly jersey, by the end of his career he will definitely be the greatest Manly player of all time no doubt.
I surprised BOZO hasn't responded to this yet. Probably shaking so hard with rage he can't hit the keys 😀

Growing up Wombat was my favourite player but Snake, Wombat and Turbo ..... I love 'em all. How lucky are we to have three greats. Watching them play has brought so much happiness to so many people. I'm so happy for Turbo (and us) that he's been able to get through this season and show his potential consistently.

Go Manly. Enjoy the ride of the rest of the season..... the up and the downs.

I am looking forward to calling him a 2021 Premeirship winner, and Clive Churchill medalist.
I am too and I know this might be getting ahead of things, however I have high hopes Tommy will bring home the DM after another 3 points yesterday.
He was named SOO man of the series winning the Wally
I‘m hopping like hell he has the points to walk away with the DM
Then if the dream comes true and we go all the way, his every chance, if not our best chance of being awarded the Churchill

The Wally
DM player of the year
The Churchill
The above surely equals Golden Boot winner without any opposition.

Has another player ever achieved that feat? Would be hard to deny his status on the back of that coming true, not just as Manly’s best ever FB but possibly as the games best ever player. I’m sure it’s not part of Toms thought process, but winning is and that’s all we have to do to see this feat become a reality.

Bring back Bob Batty. We've been so fortunate to have such greats as Eadie, Stewart and Turbo and not forgetting Ridge. But Batty was the first top full back I remember back in the late 60s. A crowd favourite. As for the big three I'd loved to have seen Eadie at full back, Turbo in the centres alongside Fulton, and Stewart on the wing being fed by Cliffy. They would be unbeatable.

Oh me too.

Don't get me wrong that was mainly me fishing for comments.

Tom is of course a wonderful wonderful player. Maybe our next Fulton.

I was just looking up Eadie's records and noticed he rarely missed a game. In fact his worst years were, '81 he played 14 games and '82 played 15.. Starting in 71 and finishing for us in 83 (he scored 226 points that final year and played all 27 games).

I remember back in the day fearing the games Eadie was out, i will check it out and post the results.
Yes, although Ross Windshuttle and Mike Eden in 1981 and ‘82 respectively, turned out to be very good substitutes.

The former was almost like a clone of Eadie in the running and tackling department.

Before that in 1979, I remember Zorba tipping Manly to beat the Dragons at Brookvale, if Eadie played. He didn’t and we lost 25-18.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8