For & Against: Tom Trbojevic will be Manly's best ever fullback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But to be considered our best ever Turbo will have to win at least one premiership and keep us at the pointy end for a decent amount of time. That hasn't happened yet, however plenty of time left in his career if he stays fit.
Yes to all, My heart still says Snake is the best, but there's plenty of room in there for Tom. My eldest daughter had a poster on her bedroom wall of Snake in full flight, she stuck with him through out his allegation ordeal, refusing to believe it. But she now calls during the game just as enthusiastic about Turbo.

All hypothetical
An absolute gun player who will have a huge effect on Manly in coming years
Let him leave his own imprint on the game ...
Just on the past was a toddler watching the powerhouse Eadie in action and was a gun and rate him equal to the Best fullback I've seen at Manly in the Flying Snake "Brett Stewart"

That performance last night was incredible. He is on another level to everyone else. i use to think teddy was special, Tom has gone to another level. Plays like a front rower, half back, full back. All over the park and just demands the ball. He even skittles opponents doing hit ups like a prop. I was thinking hope he does not do a shoulder, but he is fine. So strong.

Guy is incredible and has lifted manly almost by himself. With the emergence of some other real good talents in our side, and our other stars like jake, DCE, marty etc now performing we can be pretty excited looking ahead

I think the one thing everyone would agree to is that without wombat ,Ridge and Snake Manly might not have won those premierships and Manly will win a premiership in the future as long as Tommy is in the side
But for the record I put Snake as Manly's best fullback if forced to choose

Didn’t have the one on his back tonight, played a blinder, stays fit he will be our best player ever.
That is quite possible. Since coming back this year he seems to have a new steely intent about him, and a desire to dominate. Great to see him putting some games together and wreaking havoc on the field. Harry is a distant memory ;)

Wow you people who never saw Eadie play really have missed out on something very very special. You can check the You Tube highlights ety but those highlights are one millionth of all the great things Wombat did. Younger people might dismiss what he did - older people might forget and be enamored with the new players and yes Snake was magic - Turbo is something else. Snake is close but he is behind Eadie and always will be obviously - Turbo as I said in another 100 games will probably be better ifff he gets there. But yes gee Graham Eadie is certainly on top of the pile at the moment. I haven't forgotten what he did - there were many many games where Eadie virtually single handed won us games... single handed in a team of Internationals. That is something pretty special and rare. Maybe we don't recogniise Wombat as much because he was playing in a team of out and out superstars week in week out whereas Tom shines out playing with a good but not great team. Maybe I undervalue Snake a bit for the same reason because he was also playing in a damn good side but Wombat played in a decade plus when Manly had 15 or 16 Internationals in the side and yet he was still the very best player on the park or close to it week in and week out. That says something about just how good he was..
Yep agree. Those who missed seeing Wombat play missed out on seeing a truly great Fullback. He was 18 years old when he played when Manly won their 1st Grand Final in 1972. In the semi Final against Easts (Roosters) he was like a bulldozer in a 32 -8 win that stamped him as a future star. He did'nt kick goals in 1972/1973 .That was Ray Branighan's job. In 1976 Wombat's goal kicking won the GF against Parra who scored 2 tries to 1 . The 1978 GF replay win was Graham Eadie's GF . He did everything in that game.Score tries .kick goals ,defuse bombs ,smash Cronulla players in last ditch tackles.As much as i admire Turbo and think he will be one of the greats of the game,you have to win Grand Finals for Manly and plenty of them to match the great Wombat.

Brett stewart played in an era of smith,cronk,slater the game was more technical then.I love tom but his injuries in the game may prevent him being better than brett.

Didn’t have the one on his back tonight, played a blinder, stays fit he will be our best player ever.
Lets face it Turbo could play with any number on his back, but he is our best fullback by a country mile .... it would be great if we had a decent alternative fullback and Turbo could play the roaming role for us, more than he already does ... CHAMPION

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6