Footage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really enjoying watching the old clips that are being posted. Is there a Sea Eagles highlight reel out there in Youtube land which covers great moments over the decades? Or is it just limited to highlights of great matches, great years etc? Would love to see a mashup of great Sea Eagles moments from the black & white tv era through to 2021

Last edited:
Great stuff @eagle66 that might bump gibbsy up the votes a bit. Cover defence was a classic.

if you can find the north Sydney game from about 77 where he carves them up then he might win.

Thanks for that!

You must be famous because it's titled "home video" but I hear Rex commentating. Imagine being famous enough to get Rex to commentate on your home videos!!!!! (lol)

errr: - Gibbs running style, that neck must have seemed like such a target back in 'those days'.
I'm a big fan of players who run in support.

cheers!

Deep back lines...broken play runs. What have we become?

2nd last clip, the long run for a try-saving cover tackle against the Eels - is that the one where he hurt his hammie? He was close to the most dynamic player in the game leading up to that point but not sure if he ever fully recovered!
He had his problems in 1978, went on the Kangaroo Tour and didn't play a game until late in the tour due to his hamstrings

U got yr money’s worth when u saw Gibbs play. I still remember the first time. He was playing in reserve grade, socks around ankles and speed to burn.

I was at the game where Gibbs lost the ball over the line - Saturday, 25th August 1979. On the hill, we went up as one as he screamed downfield.

They mentioned a 15 point margin. The final score was 23-11. Seven tries to three. Eadie only kicked one from seven.

Tom Mooney scored four tries, Gartner two (the best game I saw him play in the flesh - he was brilliant) and Steve Knight picked up one in his final game.

Afterwards in the sheds when asked how would Manly have gone in the finals, Mooney replied “They wouldn’t have touched us.”

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2