Fluffy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been carving them up in PL for years. What somehave seen in 3 or 4 games with added stress & out of position play seems to vary from what others have seen in 20 or 30 games. Keep that in mind.

Whilst on the sudden bagging of Cuthbo, why is Meaney out of the good books with some. I became a Meaney fan a couple of years ago when he first moved up to PL. He carved up the opposition, scored 2 or 3 & has been the most promising centre I've seen in ages.
Maybe he should be allowed to play in the #3 where he belons.

Ahead of Lyon and Bell????????????????

He's been carving them up in PL for years. What somehave seen in 3 or 4 games with added stress & out of position play seems to vary from what others have seen in 20 or 30 games. Keep that in mind.

Whilst on the sudden bagging of Cuthbo, why is Meaney out of the good books with some. I became a Meaney fan a couple of years ago when he first moved up to PL. He carved up the opposition, scored 2 or 3 & has been the most promising centre I've seen in ages.

I have seen him play many games in PL can carve them up but it is PL remember. So many players are absolute stars in PL but cant make the step up to NRL. I dont believe that is 100% the case with Cuthbo but he does make alot of errors in PL and in the 1sts that could really hurt us.

As I said im a Cuthbo fan, I just think he needs to learn some patience. He is better of doing that in PL than 1st grade.

agree atm that Cuthbo is better use at 2nd row, but unfortunately he didn't really show a lot in his few 1st grade games to date. You don't just keep putting him in 1st grade until he get's it right, With BK gone, he and Afama.... will have more chances this year, hopefully in the backrow.

And let's not get too carried away with PL form. I remember Morewood killing it some years ago also. Is it fair to say he will never make the leap? Prove me wrong Phil.

[quote author=Duff]

I have seen him play many games in PL can carve them up but it is PL remember. So many players are absolute stars in PL but cant make the step up to NRL. I dont believe that is 100% the case with Cuthbo but he does make alot of errors in PL and in the 1sts that could really hurt us.

As I said im a Cuthbo fan, I just think he needs to learn some patience. He is better of doing that in PL than 1st grade.

[/quote]

Are Cuthbo's errors that you keep speaking of because he is trying something? An offload etc?

What we lack is a ball-playing forward.

Most of them are errors when he chances his arm, also alot of dumb penalties but mainly what you mentioned above.

I agree that we need a ball playing forward however if he comes into first grade playing like he does in PL we will be punished from his errors, just needs to learn when the time is right.

Remember Watmoughs sideline pass in the Newcastle semi? Cuthbo would probably produce a few similar errors a game in PL, do you think that would automatically disappear if he gets into 1sts?

I dont recall cuthbo being this error prone penalty offender you speak of - i think you were watching Kane cleal.

The sad thing for me is that he wasnt giving away penalties and all that many errors in 05 when playing his best footy and couldnt get a gig in front of handbag, now they are rying to turn him into a prop and the extra size just slows him down. From the 2 games i have seen this year halfasanga is the next in line now, certainly in the second row. Which leeds me to believe with george rose being injured that cuthbo was named as a prop.

why?

You dont recall all the pushed passes Fluffy? For every good offload he produced there was always 2 stuffed up. I guess some only like to remember the good times!!!!

Anyway no point in going on about it as in the end I am a Cuthbo fan, I agree he is a 2nd rower not a prop, and I want to see him get a run a first grade. I am just concerned or a little reserved he will not be the star some think he is based on his PL form.

There's a big difference in being slim, and running very wide of the ruck, as upposed to being bulked up and immobile, around the centre of the park.

Des has flawed Cuthbertson's strongest aspects in my opinion.

Getting a pass away to smallers centres for example is easier than getting the ball away with a Hooker / Props coming at you.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2