First Trip to Brooky!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Hi All,
This has been just short of 30yrs coming but for whatever reason I’ve never attended a home game. Trips have been booked and cancelled last minute, hell ive even been to three GFs 08,11,13!
Anyway, my 9yr old son and I are planning on coming down for the game v Storm (somewhat of a pilgrimage really) and was hoping to get some advice on some accommodation nearby and good seating/hill options. Also if anyone has other great game day advice that would be appreciated too. I do enjoy a 4 Pines ale is the brewery close to the ground? Cheers in advance and apologies it’s taken me this long to get to a game and cheer on the boys in person!

Sit on the hill, for the true Brookie experience.
Plenty of characters up there that enhance the game day experience.

Word the young fella up, though I'm sure he has heard it all before.

Hi All,
This has been just short of 30yrs coming but for whatever reason I’ve never attended a home game. Trips have been booked and cancelled last minute, hell ive even been to three GFs 08,11,13!
Anyway, my 9yr old son and I are planning on coming down for the game v Storm (somewhat of a pilgrimage really) and was hoping to get some advice on some accommodation nearby and good seating/hill options. Also if anyone has other great game day advice that would be appreciated too. I do enjoy a 4 Pines ale is the brewery close to the ground? Cheers in advance and apologies it’s taken me this long to get to a game and cheer on the boys in person!
Accom is expensive up here as there are only 4 places.

Sebel, Oaks, Manly Pacific and the Travelodge

Although there would be AirBnBs nowdays

If you stay in Manly the 199 Bus drops you at Brookie from Gilbert Park Stand G directly acrosd from the Manly Court House

Double Decker yellow B1 from Carrington Street on top if Wynyard will drop you at the Mall and then its a flat 10 minute walk north to Brookie

Sadly the Buses no longer queue up outside the Arko Stand anymore after the game.
You have to cross Pittwater Rd near the Southern Stand to get back to Manly or to the Mall to change at the B1 Express Stop for Wynyard

At least it's the 5:30pm Saturday slot so your son won't freeze up on the Hill :)

Don't forget the free kids ticket from URM for home games

https://www.seaeaglescorporate.com.au/urm/

4Pines tent is up at the northern end of the Hill

Sit on the hill, for the true Brookie experience.
Plenty of characters up there that enhance the game day experience.

Word the young fella up, though I'm sure he has heard it all before.
Thanks Mave, and yeah trust me he’s heard it all before and some!

Accom is expensive up here as there are only 4 places.

Sebel, Oaks, Manly Pacific and the Travelodge

Although there would be AirBnBs nowdays

If you stay in Manly the 199 Bus drops you at Brookie from Gilbert Park Stand G directly acrosd from the Manly Court House

Double Decker yellow B1 from Carrington Street on top if Wynyard will drop you at the Mall and then its a flat 10 minute walk north to Brookie

Sadly the Buses no longer queue up outside the Arko Stand anymore after the game.
You have to cross Pittwater Rd near the Southern Stand to get back to Manly or to the Mall to change at the B1 Express Stop for Wynyard

At least it's the 5:30pm Saturday slot so your son won't freeze up on the Hill :)

Don't forget the free kids ticket from URM for home games

https://www.seaeaglescorporate.com.au/urm/

4Pines tent is up at the northern end of the Hill
Thanks heaps HM that’s great info.
Cheers

Get in early and book the travelodge at Manly Leagues. A short walk to Lottoland!

Before/after options;

Brookvale Hotel - 100 meters from Arko entrance
Leagues Club - next to Travelodge
4 Pines - has a ‘brewery pub’ not too far away but more of a walk (pre game). Haven’t been there myself

https://4pinesbeer.com.au/our-venue/truckbar-brookvale/

Hill of course for the Brookie Experience - get there early do get a good spot around half way.

If you want to treat yourselves check out some of the corporate options eg

https://www.seaeaglescorporate.com.au/match-day-hospitality/brookvale-mitsubishi-lounge/

Last edited:
Enjoy mate, it's a pilgrimage every Manly fan should probably make at some point.

Standing on the hill is the real suburban footy experience, but the family hill at the Northern end of the ground is just as good if you want a more kid friendly option for the young fella (it is alcohol free though). Tell him to bring a footy as you should be able to get on the hallowed turf after the game providing the weather is OK. You can run a few plays with him and he can be the Beaver to your Cliffy, put him over beside the posts and he can then have a shot at goal to convert. It's a bit of post game mayhem out there but you can have a quiet moment to yourself and think about all those Manly legends who have trodden the very ground where you stand.

Don't get a pie too early as it's likely to be warm, wait till the under resourced pie van behind the hill is busy and then go get one that has only been in the pie oven for 5 minutes and is still cold in the middle. If you are really lucky you'll get one that the contents have dried out and are like a black gelatinous mass. Also best to wait till half time to visit the toilet block in NE corner, the queue should be maximum then and the smell of stale urine at it's peak. LOL - gotta love the facilities at the old girl.

You'll have a ball, and what better team to see us beat at home than the Scum. Get em onside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy mate, it's a pilgrimage every Manly fan should probably make at some point.

Standing on the hill is the real suburban footy experience, but the family hill at the Northern end of the ground is just as good if you want a more kid friendly option for the young fella (it is alcohol free though). Tell him to bring a footy as you should be able to get on the hallowed turf after the game providing the weather is OK. You can run a few plays with him and he can be the Beaver to your Cliffy, put him over beside the posts and he can then have a shot at goal to convert. It's a bit of post game mayhem out there but you can have a quiet moment to yourself and think about all those Manly legends who have trodden the very ground where you stand.

Don't get a pie too early as it's likely to be warm, wait till the under resourced pie van behind the hill is busy and then go get one that has only been in the pie oven for 5 minutes and is still cold in the middle. If you are really lucky you'll get one that the contents have dried out and are like a black gelatinous mass. Also best to wait till half time to visit the toilet block in NE corner, the queue should be maximum then and the smell of stale urine at it's peak. LOL - gotta love the facilities at the old girl.

You'll have a ball, and what better team to see us beat at home than the Scum. Get em onside !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks CC will def get onto the ground at the end!

Stay at the Narrabeen caravan park. It’s a little away from Brookie but still only 20min by bus.

Defiantly get a hot dog from the guy on the road before the game from your walk from the Brookie hotel to the game

As many have also said sit anywhere on the hill, but because it’s Melbourne there will be some colourful language.

My 10yo boy and 7yo girl have now heard it all after both of them have been going since they were 6months.

Do what I did with my daughter at that age. Make a deal that as long as you keep up a continual supply of hot dogs,chips, cans of sugar, that no details of swearing, misbehaviour, or anything that can land you in trouble with the other half gets spoken of....ever !
Yes, I know it’s also called good old fashioned bribery. But it worked a treat.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I hope all the valued advice from our local feathered friends on here works out for you mate . You will have a memorable time watching the game at our spiritual home ground. Nothing beats the experience of watching our Sea eagles play at home .

The could be a signing session at club after game - thEy have a couple per year so you never know your luck

Hi All,
Good on ya @Waz13 it's an experience only those that have been there can describe, as already stated I'd suggest the hill on halfway for the best experience.

@Waz13 Players come and go during the lower grades and hang around the dugout where people get photos and autographs.

It's free to walk around the ground at anytime as the Security are only concerned with people sitting in ticketed seats and not walking between sections.

Hope you have a great day @Waz13 ..... my son now 26 still recalls the great days of going to Brookie with his dad and mates .... you don't understand footy if you don't appreciate the history and passion of a home crowd at a suburban ground ...... best wishes for a memorable day ...

4 pines is even available in the ground, little drink shed behind the northern hill. Pines Truck bar is good, easy walk to the ground, and ok for lunch prior to a game.

4 pines is even available in the ground, little drink shed behind the northern hill. Pines Truck bar is good, easy walk to the ground, and ok for lunch prior to a game.
Yeah but 4 Pines in cans is crap. Go to the Truck Bar, there are LOTS of different beers to chose from, Manly jerseys will be everywhere, and they will show early games on the big screen.

Thanks all for the great advice above. This will really help my planning and experience. Just need manly to roll the Storm to make it the perfect trip!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4