Finch, Tells it like it is...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
SYDNEY Roosters halfback Brett Finch has shouldered much of the blame for the surprising form slump at Bondi Junction, conceding the 2002 premiers are still adjusting to life without Brad Fittler...

A combination of the loss of champion five-eighth Fittler, suspensions and injuries to key players, a State of Origin hangover and a battle to score points are all pivotal.

It is unfamiliar territory for the Roosters, who have featured in four of the past five grand finals and were minor premiers and grand finalists last year.

"I just find it embarrassing that the halves are where we've had most criticism fired this year," Finch said.

"Losing a player of the calibre of Freddy was definitely a big factor, Brad was with the Roosters for nine years."

"To have one player dominant in one position for so long, you can't just turn around and replace that."

"In terms of losing games, halves are the first people that you look to when it's not happening and rightly so."

"We've been criticised a bit for the lack of points we have scored and the results don't lie, we're not attacking as well as we'd like."

That would not come out of Monnas mouth. According to him, he isn't playing that bad. Like the rest of the team he reckons.

We should sign Scott Fulton as captain & 1/2 back. At least he didn't whinge about himself.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4