Finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What year are we next to play finals footy?

• 2016: I so hope so

Votes: 50 71.4%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just want to get people's thoughts on when we think the mighty manly will next be playing finals footy in your minds.

This year for me is touch and go , I think if we are to play finals we will just scrape in. Probably finish this year same as last 9-11th range.

My reasoning I think we will leave our run too late this year, but we will cause some head aches to teams chances in the back half of the year.

I see 2017 as our year we more realistically return to finals footy.

September is not the same with out us playing finals footy in it.

Ultimately it's the injuries to play makers that will determine the ladder positions.

Broncs - Milf
Scumos - sCam
Cows - JT
Rabbids - Reynolds
Dogs - Graham
Sharks - Ennis
Eels - Norman
Titans - Taylor/James
Raiders - haven't watched enough, probably a forward that lifts the rest
Tigers - Woods/Brooks
Manly - Chez/Snake - we've had our quota for 2016 surely
Drags - Widdop
Warriors - Johnson
Panthers - Moylan, but they are guaranteed to have massive injuries for some strange reason
Knights - not in contention, not cohesive behind a leader yet
Rorters - JWH, but hard to find a true team leader here

Damn I voted before I saw the " other" option.
If we beat NZ and Newcastle we are home.

I voted with my head not my heart, 2018.

We are 1 year into what will be a 3 year rebuild, with a shot at the GF in 2019/20

My old mate Noel Cleal told me once getting to a GF is a 5 year plan, we are in year 1 now.

If we cant improve on 9th last year after having more than 10 players out injured in the first half of the season heads need to roll. Top 8 minimum for par effort this year, top 4 is where we should be once we click. (like last year we should be ones of the top 4 teams in the second half of the season)

I would have said this year for sure before the season started. However after the first 5 rounds I'm not convinced this side is going to be as good as I was hoping it would be "on paper".

Some worrying signs, but I still think we can be in the top 8 this year purely because I can't name 8 sides who are definitely going to finish above us. However I don't think we will go deep into the finals based on current efforts, but there is a long time between April and October so who knows how we will be looking in 5 months time

this years comp is the closest one in years, every team from 3rd to 15th have a pretty equal shot (Broncos, Cowboys and Knights all being in a league of their own) and all will depend on luck and injuries.

I've been extremely underwhelmed the first 5 rounds of this year, but as soon as DCE comes back and starts hitting the form we know he's capable of we will look much more like a top 8 side mark my words.

I'm worried about the state of the club as a whole. I've never seen anything like it.

Penn and Fulton have completely ****ed the place.

SG Ball. 7 rounds, 0 wins
NYC. 5 rounds, 0 wins
NSW Cup. 5 rounds, 1 win
1st Grade. 5 rounds, 2 wins.

That's 22 games for 3 victories across the club. I have NEVER seen it in such bad shape.

IMO we won't make finals for the next 10 years, as long we have DCE out of form we not make finals. I just think DCE will never find his top form again. He has so much pressure on him and without an superstar halfback we simply cannot make the finals just my opinion and I hope Iam wrong

IMO we won't make finals for the next 10 years, as long we have DCE out of form we not make finals. I just think DCE will never find his top form again. He has so much pressure on him and without an superstar halfback we simply cannot make the finals just my opinion and I hope Iam wrong

well you were completely wrong thinking we wouldn't miss him on Thursday so fair to say you are keeping up your form line

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6