Finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What year are we next to play finals footy?

• 2016: I so hope so

Votes: 50 71.4%

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
IMO we won't make finals for the next 10 years, as long we have DCE out of form we not make finals. I just think DCE will never find his top form again. He has so much pressure on him and without an superstar halfback we simply cannot make the finals just my opinion and I hope Iam wrong
Turbo.... Seriously? Come on now, let's take a mature approach to this. DCE will never find top form again and we won't make finals for 10 years? Do you honestly believe this? We will make the finals this year.

Last edited:
Manly will play finals this year and make the GF next year. I can't tell you yet if we will be 2017 premiers.

This team will start to click in the next few weeks and honestly I think it might not be that bad to have Sid out so that everyone listens to Snake Killer and Myles - does their job and works out what is required. Then DCE comes in and bang we go on a long unbeaten run.

I don't understand why people here think DCE isn't an organising half back. He has pace and a running game but you have your eyes closed if you think he doesn't set up all our outside sweep plays. He's a champion. I saw that when he was at the Sunshine Coast.

In my opinion this is how it will pan out.

2016 somewhere from 9th to 12th

2017 somewhere from 6th to 10th

2018 top 4 but missing out on the GF.

2019 first GF shot , but possible loss

2020 second GF shot, Premiers

These things take time, remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

I just don't agree with the opinion of "supporters" who believe we will not make the finals within the next ten years.
Especialy as Chez only has an 8 year contract :p

I suspect 'young' Turbo is only young via botox - the bullying of Chez continues in cyberspace :devil:

Some of the reasons why I think the "wur doomed" brigade should raise our status from critical to may survive.

Our forwards. For some strange reason, they went from a disjointed rabble to a cohesive unit hell bent on dominating a strong Souff's pack in the space of 5 mins. Make no mistake, they came off that ground a different team.

The top 17 no longer picks itself,, and players like Lussick, starling, BJ, Vave, Leary, T-Red, Brown and Ferris know they need to bring their "A" game every week if they want a FG spot.

Our backs. with api nipping at their heels, we have enough skill to win 100 games.

Off topic, but interested if any body else noticed something that has been on my mind, but I don,t have the game recorded so can't go back and check.

There was one kick off where Parcell (in his eagerness) raced up to tackle the kick returner head on and literally got in the way of 3 manly forwards coming in to belt him. Result, souff's prop pushed the light weight parcell for several mtrs before the forwards could readjust.

I get a feeling this happened often.

I think this timeline is appropriate if you're trying to build something from the ground up without much of a base, like the early Hasler years. I don't think it holds true for this version of Manly though.

Turbo.... Seriously? Come on now, let's take a mature approach to this. DCE will never find top form again and we won't make finals for 10 years? Do you honestly believe this? We will make the finals this year.
He wont find consistent good form until the power depth in the club increases and an extra genuine ballplaying option comes on board.

Mind you gaining more power depth should be sufficient enough for DCE to use his skillset it is just an extra ballplaying option will take the pressure off him and keep him relaxed.

Can I post my prediction at the start of round 26 ??
Seriously though I think the competition for the 4 spots at the bottom of the 8 is where we could be. I think to many teams will be at a win loss very often this year so points will be close
So I thinking that way we play finals this year

Some of the reasons why I think the "wur doomed" brigade should raise our status from critical to may survive.

Our forwards. For some strange reason, they went from a disjointed rabble to a cohesive unit hell bent on dominating a strong Souff's pack in the space of 5 mins. Make no mistake, they came off that ground a different team.

The top 17 no longer picks itself,, and players like Lussick, starling, BJ, Vave, Leary, T-Red, Brown and Ferris know they need to bring their "A" game every week if they want a FG spot.

Our backs. with api nipping at their heels, we have enough skill to win 100 games.

I noticed that too but a closer look was when S Burgess went off our fresh forwards came on and we started to dominate but when Burgess came back his fitness wasn't there and he couldn't dominate as much but we couldn't come up with the final pass and win that game

I honestly assumed we all thought top 8 was a given this season.

I thought the whole aim is top 8 every year?!

As to reality, I'm optimistic about top 8 this year but as usual it depends on injuries, suspensions and even ref decisions could make or break us. At least we won't have disruptive contract issues....hopefully.

Future years - who knows - how long's a piece of string? Hard to judge not knowing our roster, e.g. when will Killer/Snake/Matai retire.

We will finish above the chooks, St.merge, titans, Newcastle and Tigers with no doubt.
And hopefully Penrith and Raiders.
Panthers are a quality team, if theres any team that will slip under the radar it will be them, I hope we can finish on top but im not so confident yet, Raiders are playing good footy, yet are still faiders, are abquality side this year however!

I thought the whole aim is top 8 every year?!

As to reality, I'm optimistic about top 8 this year but as usual it depends on injuries, suspensions and even ref decisions could make or break us. At least we won't have disruptive contract issues....hopefully.

Future years - who knows - how long's a piece of string? Hard to judge not knowing our roster, e.g. when will Killer/Snake/Matai retire.
I honestly think we are a big chance of making the eight this year. My only concern is our 2 champion centres. They seem to be waning. Just hope they last one more year. And I mean it when I call them champions but everyone has a time limit. Really hope they can fire up for one last campaign. 2 of my all time favorites.

@NickRobbo1998 , by all means dislike my post , but with well over 13,000 posts on here I'm not happy you rate me a "Troll".

Trolls are those evil, low life, Scumdogs or Squeals fans that come on here!!

I'd NEVER click the Troll button for a regular poster, and neither should you !!

@NickRobbo1998 , by all means dislike my post , but with well over 13,000 posts on here I'm not happy you rate me a "Troll".

Trolls are those evil, low life, Scumdogs or Squeals fans that come on here!!

I'd NEVER click the Troll button for a regular poster, and neither should you !!
Look, I understand your highly regarded on this forum and from what I gather you have done some good stuff for the supporters of a club. However I dont really care if you have made 13,000 posts or 13 posts, i thought your post was lacking any sort of hope or ambition for the this year or the years to come, your post is depressing and unispiring thus I gave it a troll rating, it may be what you think is realistic and you may be right. But have some faith for this year and some hope for the years to come.

Also its just a post and a rating, if the buttons there im gonna push it where i see fit, especially if I strongly disagree with the post.

Feel free to rate me as a troll. (Note i am a young kid who doesnt mind a internet battle, and i feel i have blown this slightly out of proportion, but ohwell)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2