Fiji - have you been there?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I've booked a trip for the family to go to Fiji for a week in August.

If any of you chaps have been there what places would you recommend going to. Besides getting pissed every night and day etc :drunk:

where you staying ???

we stayed at the naviati and all meals and drinks where included.
(never drunk so much booze in my life)
never say the kids as they where off doing the kids activites the whole time.

forget the tours......... just book a cab for the day and tell them to take you on them instead, its cheaper and you can go at your on pace (the tours take you shopping and say be back in an hour)

There isnt really anywhere you should go mate.

Fiji is the kind of place that you go to a resort and you just stay there all week. You chill out around the pool, read a book, go snorkelling, eat heaps of food and just do nothing.

If you stay at the Warwick, go horse riding the waterfall is awesome

The hideaway was pretty family friendly and I enjoyed it there.

Crusoes resort is not the best but it was the only one available when I went last time.

Basically it depends on who you are and what you like doing. But sigatoka shopping is lame and so are all other city excursions. The idea is to chill out, eat heaps, drink heaps, get fat and relax. I garuntee you will leave the place not remembering what stress is and Sydney will see extremely high paced in comparison when you get back

Cheers chaps.

We are staying at the outrigger resort it's 5 star

http://www.outrigger.com/hotels_detail.aspx?hotel=37

I personally want to do some day trips to the rain Forest etc. A boat trip to an island etc. We are going for 9 days so we'll have many days to relax etc.

Fiji is my favourite place on earth I just love it there. It is friggin awesome and i am so jealous because this is the first year in 3 years I havent been and havent been overseas.

Outrigger is awesome, I have a mate who use to stay there all the time, he loved it.

Honestly though if you want to go to an island, make it an over night trip!

There is so much to do in the resort, especially the outrigger (the place is huge) that you wont have time to leave.

But dont spend too much time trying to do things, you will miss out on the fiji experience

sounds awesome, we are going for 9 days.

You know me Dan, I have to get out and take some photos. Of some scenery etc ;)

I stayed at the Shangri-La about 2 years ago for a mates wedding. It was bloody fantastic.

The missus and I got a few quotes yesterday. Looking at the Warwick this time as they do the all inclusive food and alcohol in the package.

Is the Warwick good Dan?

Byso, be prepared for "Fiji Time" mate. If you ask for something and they tell you soon, that means about 4 hours. The people are so laod back and chilled out its not funny.

byso there is enough scenery in the outrigger. A stroll along its beach will give you enough to fill your memory card then around the grounds, that place is huge and very nice!

My fiji experience was ****house... so no comment hahah

I went on a cruise that stopped their we got about 12hrs to look around everything.. i was back on the boat after 4hrs

Its not a place to "look around" thats why nutz.

The warwick was good when i went there but not sure if it may be a little family orientated???

I think the naviti is the best party place, but The warwick was very nick and pretty chilled

And byso you have to remember what doug said. Things will happen eventually but that might mean the next day or a few hours later. Just be patient it is part of the experience

That could be interesting then Dan, you know me "I want it NOW!" :) so thanks for the tip ;)

From the sounds of it the ourigger will keep the lens happy :)

Mata, i've been to the Daintree, but that was before I became snap happy :). But I must go back there again.

lol yeah I know thats why I thought it was good to iterate what Doug said.

Basically Fiji time is a known phenomena. You will learn a lot about it when you get there.

Heres another tip....

Kava tastes like water with Dish washing liquid mixed in....it makes your mouth very numb....it is definately worth asking for a "black horse" when trying though ;)

If you come back not liking fiji I will be very surprised. All this talk of it has made me want to go again

Byso, i didn't stay there... the cruise ship pulls up at 6 in the morning and you get til 6 that night to "experience" fiji.

Where the ship docks is right in the heart of the main city (suva) and i didn't like the place at all.

Constantly being grabbed and ask to buy all these wooden pieces of junk and everything was just very pushy and everyone i spoke to just wanted me to buy something from them.

I had one bloke come up after i'd had enough of it all and was on my way back to the ship and ask me my name.. i said "Nathan" and he shook my hand i thought **** this guys alright he actually took the time to ask my name.... then he goes here you can have these and handed me these 2 wooden, painted stick things haha.. i was stunned again and he goes "hang on i'll carve your name into it" i was thinking "wow what a nice bloke"

So, he carves my name and hands it to me and i go "gee, thanks mate" and he goes "yeah, now you give me 10 dollars for it" at the time i had no cash on me.. so i said sorry mate i haven't got any i thought you were giving it to me. Then he said "well, it has your name in it now.. i can't sell it to anyone else"..... so i said "well, you should have told me i was going to have to buy it"

Then he said "why don't you piss off back to the boat" to which i replied "mate, i was on my way back to the boat and you stopped me"

I was informed before i got off the ship not to shake anyones hand because they would just grab me and pull me into their stalls to buy something.. but yeah.. i would have felt like a rude prick to just ignore him if he has his hand out to shake

Thanks for that story nutz.

Something to keep in mind. If they ask my name i'll say "Piss off" :)

lol.

That is because of the indian population of suva. It is a bit different now. but the resort lifestyle of Fiji can not be beaten

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4