Fiji - have you been there?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Byso,
Just tell em your name is Nathaniel Christopher Ingnatious Chrysanthemum , and then while hes looking in the bush for a massive branch to fit it all on ---- RUN , RUN like hell.lol

Ive heard Indians have ****ed it a little.

Byso. I just remembered something.

There is this awesome little restaurant tucked away near the Shangri-la, on the left pretty much opposite the train track. (its a tiny little train which you can do a sunset tour on, not bad actually.) I think its called Gecko's. On some nights with dinner they put on a traditional fiji show and it was bloody fantastic.

I was in Fiji in June last year & two other times previously. Actually I was there last year the same time as Daniel but staying at different resorts. As Daniel stated , the resorts are so nice , it's a chance to just relax , eat , drink , swim etc.

We stayed at The Warwick Resort . It was fantastic , better than the Naviti but not as good as The Fijian Resort (places I've stayed at before). Definitely worth paying for the "all inclusive" deal . You get given a wrist tag that allows you to eat & drink whatever/whenever.

We did 1 day tour , which I would recommend . It was called the Fijian Experience. Went by long boat to a Fijian Village for a tour & Kava ceremony , then much further down the river ( very scenic ) to some spectactular waterfalls , which we were able to climb & swim under. The river had rapids that we travelled over & apparantly was the same river that one of the Anaconda movies was filmed at. It was a fantastic day trip. Ask about it at your hotel.

The only downside of my trip last year was following the match progress between Manly/Penrith at Penrith Stadium on the internet. We lost a match that we should have won.

I'm sure you'll have a great time Byso , but as mentioned you'll find yourself spending plenty of quality time at your resort enjoying the sunny weather by the pool.

I have stayed at the out rigger and did not rate it at all – I am much more of an Asia fan. Fiji lacked “soul” if you know what I mean (understanding that as a tourist you never see the real country)

Undies, in your experience. which is the biggest and best for the party singles life out of interest?

I forgot to add that I ended up in Manly hospital afterwards with a “tropical virus” – despite travelling through Thailand, Bali and Vietnam never picking up a thing!

Thanks Zuda :(

I know what you mean though, you wont see much of the culture of a place from a resort. Thats why i'm keen to do some day trips.

But as far as resorts go, how did you rate the outrigger?

To be honest it was okay but not that special – again I am tainted from the dirt cheap process of Asia.
I mean we relaxed and did nothing but get fat!

I'd make plenty of day trips byso.

girl.jpg

Just came back yesterday, the place is awesome.

The Fijian people are wonderful. Very happy people. Not to keen on the Indians there though, they don't have the same charisma they are totally out of place imo.

The outrigger is a top resort but the restaurants with the resort charge like a high class restaurant in Sydney.

So many people (aussies) walk to a nearby pup/restaurant where you can eat/drink for a third the cost.

The cultural side is great. Plenty of things to do and see.

glad you liked it mate.

My top destination in the world.

The indians can be pretty bad but that is suva for you!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4