Fifita BACKFLIPS on Titans backflip. Flips off Broncos, wont be back!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well well well....let's see if he gets the same treatment as DCE

Spoiler: He wont as the media are gutless, moronic, tossers.

Broncos superstar David Fifita has performed an incredible backflip just an hour after it was reported he was as good as gone from Brisbane.
Fifita reportedly called a senior Broncos official Wednesday morning to inform them he’d had “a change of heart” on walking out of the crisis-hit club at the end of the year.

The hottest player on the NRL market was expected to command in excess of $1 million and it was reported this morning by Nine’s Danny Weidler the Broncos “can’t and won’t” match big offers from elsewhere.

Yep it bloody stinks, 3rd party payments give the Donkey again an unfair advantage and the NRL do bugger all!!

100%.

If the reports are true, the difference in the two offers is 300K. Hardly small change.
Anyone who thinks the Ponies aren't making this up with club organised TPA's is deluded.

No one in their right mind takes a 300K bath. Especially to play for Team 14.

We still hear about ill feelings towards the DCE backflip today, several years later...this Fifita "BACKFLIP", will be seen as a great show of loyalty, with a positive spin put on it....the negatives will be swept under the carpet and he will be a Hero for his actions.
Headlines - "Disloyal Seaeagle DCE act is Shameful"
as opposed to -
"Super hero Fifita stays loyal to Broncos"

Fifita won't cop anywhere near as much crap from the media, especially the Qld media, that DCE did and there is one simple reason for it.

Whereas Cherry turned his back on a Qld club to remain in Sydney, for the time being at least, Fifita is staying with Brisbane, staying in Qld.

Simple as that.

Last edited:
100%.

If the reports are true, the difference in the two offers is 300K. Hardly small change.
Anyone who thinks the Ponies aren't making this up with club organised TPA's is deluded.

No one in their right mind takes a 300K bath. Especially to play for Team 14.

That's per year though isn't it.

3.5mill for 5 years Broncos or
5 mill for 5 years titans, moving just an hour down the road.

"Oh ah yeah like I wanna stay wif Brisbane. Honest mate, nuttin' dodgy to see here! Happy to forgo 1.5 mill as it's such a different area brisbane v gc...!!!"

You know what this shows me personally? That the Tits are one of those clubs who have to pay massive overs for anyone even half decent to want to go there. And even then it seems that the players are only signing because of the money, not because they actually want to play for a club like the Gold Coast Titans.

One million dollars per year for a front rower. A FRONT ROWER!!!

You know what this shows me personally? That the Tits are one of those clubs who have to pay massive overs for anyone even half decent to want to go there. And even then it seems that the players are only signing because of the money, not because they actually want to play for a club like the Gold Coast Titans.

Backrower.......but still

Titans lost Fifita originally when a junior because they did not want him playing for Keebra park. Only games they controlled, brisbane agreed and he signed withthem.

It’s not really a backflip if it was just speculating reporters reporting on a potential move.

different thing than players backing out after contracts signed and club announcements made.

pity, woulda been great for the titans to get him, they’ve got Tino from the storm who is gonna be a helluva player

Not an entirely bad thing for the Titans to miss out on Fifita. Good culture is what is needed at the Titans and Fifita got himself into trouble overseas last year

Not an entirely bad thing for the Titans to miss out on Fifita. Good culture is what is needed at the Titans and Fifita got himself into trouble overseas last year
Agree. If they could pick up some more gems like Corey Thompson, blokes that exude enthusiasm and professionalism, without the big ticket price tag they might be able to build something. Early days, but I think Holbrook has gone alright so far.
If they can get rid of Cartwright and Peachy that’d help their cause.

As bad as the team is there are worse locations to be. Not that I’m that big a fan of the GC There are some good spots down there. For a mil a year he could still live in Bris and commute no problem anyway. This reeks of more corruption frm the ponies and the nrl turning a blind eye.

As bad as the team is there are worse locations to be. Not that I’m that big a fan of the GC There are some good spots down there. For a mil a year he could still live in Bris and commute no problem anyway. This reeks of more corruption frm the ponies and the nrl turning a blind eye.
Agreed.
The Gold Coast would be my second choice to Manly as a place to live and play footy.

you're imagining things, remember toddy said that everything was fine in bali. fifita just decided out of the kindness of his heart to give some poor struggling balinese fella a slightly above average tip for a job well done!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2