Female Ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MissKate said:
I am female and non of this banter bothers me. Why would the fact that us girls could ref a game of footy at the same time as doing all the household chores bother me. I would love to see a few guys manage to do the same. However I would take exception to some guy bashing me just because he plays for a rubbish team like the tigers
Stands and applauds.
Well said mAtie

Daniel said:
Jethro said:
Daniel said:
Stevo said:
Out of all of the poor things said in this thread you've brought it right down to a new low by introducing politics, Daniel!! lol

its a hot topic with local council elections up here. My front yard has signs for one of the mayoral candidates as well as one for my division. Be involved or don't complain I say.

Do they pay you to put their signs in your front yard? I hope that one isn't for "Bar Stool"?

Nope we requested them. One for O'Connel the other for McDonald.

Though I am torn between O'Connel and Couper at the moment. Couper will probably take the region forward and bring in some fairly big business, but he is running a popularity contest and every speech or meeting he has been to seems to be just a bumbling mess with no real prep. I just don't think he has the correct stuff for Mayor.

we have 2 of the worst candidates too in our division Dalgliesh and McNevan yeesh

I agree with you with McDonald but I am leaning more towards Couper over O'Connel as like you said, he will probably take the place forward. He will miss out though as there are too many people (mostly retirees) here who want to keep the place the same sleepy little fishing village that it always has been with no development and high unemployment due to the fact that they like to only rely on the seasonal whale watching as their idea of a tourism industry (and industry in general).

Jethro said:
Daniel said:
Jethro said:
Daniel said:
Stevo said:
Out of all of the poor things said in this thread you've brought it right down to a new low by introducing politics, Daniel!! lol

its a hot topic with local council elections up here. My front yard has signs for one of the mayoral candidates as well as one for my division. Be involved or don't complain I say.

Do they pay you to put their signs in your front yard? I hope that one isn't for "Bar Stool"?

Nope we requested them. One for O'Connel the other for McDonald.

Though I am torn between O'Connel and Couper at the moment. Couper will probably take the region forward and bring in some fairly big business, but he is running a popularity contest and every speech or meeting he has been to seems to be just a bumbling mess with no real prep. I just don't think he has the correct stuff for Mayor.

we have 2 of the worst candidates too in our division Dalgliesh and McNevan yeesh

I agree with you with McDonald but I am leaning more towards Couper over O'Connel as like you said, he will probably take the place forward. He will miss out though as there are too many people (mostly retirees) here who want to keep the place the same sleepy little fishing village that it always has been with no development and high unemployment due to the fact that they like to only rely on the seasonal whale watching as their idea of a tourism industry (and industry in general).

Yup Bar Stool Mick will probably win this one.

Both O'Connell and Couper have ties to the ipswich mayor which they want to leverage. My concern with Couper is that he will scratch his own back rather truly invest in infrastructure and development for others.

O'Connell I think will likely push a lot of the Maryborough agenda which is a little frightening. But the new council CEO should hopefully help.

Really as long as it isn't barstool then we should be in better shape

Daniel said:
Fluffy said:
you can choose not to vote, its know as a donkey vote.

Lsz i do find it offensive to be told i cannot have a joke because someone finds it offensive. Can you please remove your comments?

Please also note i have not been making comment in this thread since it went too far.

Then you are not in fact voting are you?

The fact is in this nation we do not really have the choice. We have compulsory voting, you can choose to not vote, but you either have to get fined or still go through the motions of voting.

True democracy is devoid of these constraints and you then have the choice on whether to vote or not in a truer form

I would say you are not voting unless you put a vote in to be counted and you are being very pedantic. Was Buhrer playing first grade sitting on the bench for the entire game?

Since you are being pedantic we definatly have the choice not to vote - we can choose and get fined as you say.

It's amazing how goverment wings don't talk to each other. If you never enroll then the chances of getting a fine are minimal.

------> enter the National ID card. Another can of worms. lol

Fluffy said:
Daniel said:
Fluffy said:

Lsz i do find it offensive to be told i cannot have a joke because someone finds it offensive. Can you please remove your comments?

Please also note i have not been making comment in this thread since it went too far.

The fact is in this nation we do not really have the choice. We have compulsory voting, you can choose to not vote, but you either have to get fined or still go through the motions of voting.

True democracy is devoid of these constraints and you then have the choice on whether to vote or not in a truer form

I would say you are not voting unless you put a vote in to be counted and you are being very pedantic. Was Buhrer playing first grade sitting on the bench for the entire game?

Since you are being pedantic we definatly have the choice not to vote - we can choose and get fined as you say.

In a free democracy, it would not be illegal to choose not to vote, and no fine would apply. Sure you have the freedom of choice in the matter the same as you have the freedom of choice in every single matter you experience. You have the choice to smuggle drugs, but the consequence is prison. Therefore you don't really have a choice do you?

MissKate said:
I am female and none of this banter bothers me. Why would the fact that us girls could ref a game of footy at the same time as doing all the household chores bother me. I would love to see a few guys manage to do the same. However I would take exception to some guy bashing me just because he plays for a rubbish team like the tigers

misskate, good on you for taking this thread for what it is, light hearted banter. I don't think anyone on this forum would ever disrespect any female.

If my partner actually thought I meant something by this banter and we banter with each other all the time, I would go without more than just a good hot meal each night, my cloths washed and iron and for more than 3 months :D "know what I mean" :angel: :blush: not happy Jan :mad:

Shiite I still open the car door for my partner.

<G> sometimes we all can over react and take things all to serious but I can also respect your opinion lsz and where your coming from. No one should disrespect your opinion and likewise.

Would these type of comments take place in the workplace, yep they sure do but would not be tolerated if someone made a complaint. Personally I think society in general has become too over sensitive, overly politically correct and we are have to watch and be careful of everything we say or do.

In saying that, there is no place for violence against anyone, women, men, elderly or children and unfortunately that is the society we live in today. In my books if you’re a male and you use any type physical violence towards a woman or child or female that violates a child, you’re the lowest form of life that exists.

Daniel said:

I certainly hope not but with the mentality of the people here, he probably will.

Daniel said:
Both O'Connell and Couper have ties to the ipswich mayor which they want to leverage. My concern with Couper is that he will scratch his own back rather truly invest in infrastructure and development for others.

I didn't know that about the links to Paul Pisasale but if either can replicate what he has done to turn around Ipswich (which I've also been a resident of back in 89 - 90) then the better this place will be.

Daniel said:

We can only hope.

I gotta agree with lsz on this one, there a difference between comedy and huurrr durr kitchen, derp de derp washing. Im all for taking the piss out of people for pretty much any reason, but 99% of the 'jokes' or banter wasnt actually funny.

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

I certainly hope not but with the mentality of the people here, he probably will.

Daniel said:

I didn't know that about the links to Paul Pisasale but if either can replicate what he has done to turn around Ipswich (which I've also been a resident of back in 89 - 90) then the better this place will be.

Daniel said:

We can only hope.

O'Connell has some links too.

He came up here in late 2010 from an invite for the Indy Foundation and did an awesome presentation, more or less said things wont work the way they are an need change. I jut don't know that Couper has the knowledge to turn any of those places into action. Couper's ideas for making the tourism better amounted to a couple of signs on the Bruce Highway. It sees fairly clear he is all about developing his own interests and those of some developers. Not really a terrible thing, but there are a few other things that need be considered also

ManlyBacker said:
Jatz Crackers said:
CussCuss said:
huurrr durr kitchen, derp de derp washing.

English professors everywhere find this highly offensive & a form of languagism.

I thought it might have been muppetism.

Thats could take off MB can see it in the dictionary now....

Muppetism: Stupid internet geek speak

Daniel said:
Fluffy said:
Daniel said:
Fluffy said:

In a free democracy, it would not be illegal to choose not to vote, and no fine would apply. Sure you have the freedom of choice in the matter the same as you have the freedom of choice in every single matter you experience. You have the choice to smuggle drugs, but the consequence is prison. Therefore you don't really have a choice do you?

You would go to prison because of a democratically introduced law. Passed in a democratically elected parliament.

I agree though. I prefer that voting not be compulsory.

Why, so the apathetic masses at the lower end of the socio economic spectrum don't bother? We'd end up with an American situation of conservatives v ultra conservatives.

I believe voting should be done on an IQ basis. Only the top third of intellects should have a vote. That way pollies could do what they believe is right rather than having to pander to the moron majority.

You're wrong duff. They don't pander to the moron majority; they pander to the moron multinational corporations, and spend most of their time thinking of ways to justify that to the moron majority (of which I am a proud member).

Duff said:
Why, so the apathetic masses at the lower end of the socio economic spectrum don't bother? We'd end up with an American situation of conservatives v ultra conservatives.

I believe voting should be done on an IQ basis. Only the top third of intellects should have a vote. That way pollies could do what they believe is right rather than having to pander to the moron majority.

That would mean Labor would have no supporters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6