Feleti Mateo.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
manly1972 said:
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/manly-set-to-announce-mateo-coup-15481/ looks like he signed
That picture shows he has a beard and tatts. Could be just what we needed.

DT just announced that Mateo has signed with us.

Mateo? Seriously what is Manly thinking? If he does sign with us, I hope it is because he is paying Manly and not the other way around.

Not first grade quality IMO, has not been for the past two years. Very inconsistant and now that he is 30, not sure we would see much improvement on his current form.

I really hope I am proven wrong though..........!!!!!

Mateo? Seriously what is Manly thinking? If he does sign with us, I hope it is because he is paying Manly and not the other way around.

Not first grade quality IMO, has not been for the past two years. Very inconsistant and now that he is 30, not sure we would see much improvement on his current form.

If he does become a Mighty Sea Eagle though, I really hope he proves me wrong..........!!!!!

^ fair enough...

And yet....

The Warriors rejected suggestions last week that Mateo was heading back across the Tasman.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11349199

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/parramatta-eels/manly-sea-eagles-forward-anthony-watmough-meeting-parramatta-eels-officials-to-negotiate-early-release-20141027-11cnmq.html

Where there is smoke there is fire....

Watch for the domino effect this week.

Manly have secured the services of New Zealand Warriors forward Feleti Mateo on a two-year deal.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-have-secured-the-services-of-new-zealand-warriors-forward-feleti-mateo-on-a-twoyear-deal/story-fndv31ch-1227104028318

Not sure of his past injuries, but why would we sign a 30 yo back rower after letting another 2 go?

Briza said:
Not sure of his past injuries, but why would we sign a 30 yo back rower after letting another 2 go?

Cause he is much cheaper.... Salary cap room is needed to re-sign our halves.

susan said:
Because he provides a point of difference in a pack full of toilers,because he has incredible natural ability if it can be tapped and because he comes at half the price of the other two.Great signing in my opinion.Donny will sort him out.

Bang on the money.

susan said:
Because he provides a point of difference in a pack full of toilers,because he has incredible natural ability if it can be tapped and because he comes at half the price of the other two.Great signing in my opinion.Donny will sort him out.

Agree on your assessment of his ability. However I did read one story that said Manly spent "big dollars" on his signing so I'm not sure we picked him up from the bargain bin.

susan said:

Weren't we chasing him hard when he first came through at Parramatta? I reckon we would have paid a lot less for him now than we would've had to back then. Ton of potential. Hope he shows it with us.

If and it's a big if he plays to his ability for the season he could win us a GF he is that talented. I just hope we can find what it takes to unlock that talent on a regular basis.

Hmmm I am a little concerned about this signing.....!

I have read somewhere that we have paid 600k including TPs, I hope this is not true because that is far too much money IMO. He is simply not worth that much coin. His last two seasons have not been anything really to rave about. And I dont think the Warriors are loosing much sleep if any, over letting him go.

I also keep hearing about his potential, but seriously at his age should he not be playing at his potential by now....??

Anyway this is all just my opinion and not based on months of in depth player research. I guess time will tell and really hope I am proven wrong and he fires in 2015, but in all honesty I don't see it happening.

:s

I am a little concerned about this signing.....!

I have read somewhere that we have paid 600k including TPs, I hope this is not true because that is far too much money IMO. He is simply not worth that much coin. His last two seasons have not been anything really to rave about. And I dont think the Warriors are loosing much sleep if any, over letting him go.

Anyway this is all just my opinion and not based on months of in depth player research. I guess time will tell and I really hope I am proven wrong and he fires in 2015, but I just dont know if that will happen.

I like the fact that he is a different style of player to anything we have at the club currently. We need a threat around the middle of the ruck, and this guy can create second phase play and pull a rabbit out of a hat. Our halves should thrive with Mateo and Mason offloading the ball ad-lib. It will create more options, as we looked almost too structured at times in attack last year; if our sweeping plays weren't doing the trick, we offered very little variation.

Eagleheart said:
I am a little concerned about this signing.....!

Anyway this is all just my opinion and not based on months of in depth player research. I guess time will tell and I really hope I am proven wrong and he fires in 2015, but I just dont know if that will happen.

Where did you read that? There is no way he would be getting that amount of money.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2