[Resurrected] Favourite Manly player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can you explain how one of the most immature blokes in the side could be captain?

Honestly mate I can't explain how Monaghan has held down his captaincy role.

BK is the ONE. I don't even have to think about it for a second. Stewart comes in second and then a small number of other good performances but no consistency. BK lead the way the whole season.

Hicks for me- I love his speed and how big of a smile he gets when he scores or kicks a goal...makes me so happy

Kennedy he is very good for the club and the sport. He is a model in motivation
Stewart for inspiration has speed, is exciting to watch, and against the odds this guy stands up to be counted week in week out.
Choc for his growing ability, willingness to have a go, and he shows no fear fo anyone as size does not matter.

Watmough - EASY. He's 21!!!! folks....imagine when he matures into a player !!!

Hopefully he gets the sensible coaching that he needs, including maturity and life stuff etc.

Des Hasler = No.

He needs a Tim Sheens, Wayne Bennett, Brian Smith, etc etc kind of coach for that !!! Dessy is WAY too layed back to enforce any sort of stucture & motivation on a young man !!!

I dont think Dessie is that laid back, he seems like a fairly serious bloke to me.

Very quick to write him off!!!

As for my favourite, hmm. Beaver, Stewart and Watmough are all pretty equal.

[quote author=Ryan]
Watmough - EASY. He's 21!!!! folks....imagine when he matures into a player !!!

Hopefully he gets the sensible coaching that he needs, including maturity and life stuff etc.
[/quote]

Definetley Watmough for me as well, this young bloke is so talented and is only going to get better!!!

For the first half of the season Watmough was the man,but i think for his consistancy and never-give up play for the whole year,i would have to go for Chris Hicks.

Watmough fell in a heap after SOO, it's a shame when a player loses it after accolades are handled out.

Granted he was injured, but he seemed to recover slower than expected?

Yes, but he probably made the mistake of coming back well before he was 100% to try and help Manly get out of the heap they were in!!

Failed on both accounts!!

OK, favourite player sounds simple but far from it.
I'm thinking all-time, and in the past (depending on mood) have answered without hesitation, Fulton (or Cliffy). But there's so much more to favourite than just being the best. Love the votes in this old thread (and @Ryan hope you are well, come back, and just come back!)

I've admired this bloke from a distance but had the chance to speak to him last week, kind of rudely interrupted him actually, and yet he listened to my question, thought about it, then gave his honest answer.

My current favourite (all-time) Manly player is Jake Trbojevic (as I already noted in some competition last year that I should have won, but it was obviously rigged)

Ps in real life he is pretty big, he tends to look small on field or on TV due to some giants in NRL these days, but he is not a small bloke!
Best qualities - never takes a backward step, always smiling when interviewed!

When only the best will do ......

The one and only .....

Our incomparable Immortal and greatest player of all time

img_0697.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4