Favourite For Wooden Spoon 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stating the obvious, but we'll finish where we finish ...... of course I'd love to see them play semis but top 8 or not I really just want to enjoy watching them play again, and I can only do that if they play like Manly again where we fight to win and are competitive to the end. None of those pathetic performances we saw last year where we simply just gave up. Many of those games were the stuff of nightmares.
Truer words never spoken!

The head coach is the head of the show and runs the show and he has they final say . It is called ACCOUNTABILITY . The head coach calls the shots and gets fired when he can not get his team up to win matches .

You are 100% correct ..... and as a result Dessie was unceremonously fired from the Bulldogs when he couldn't get his team up to win matches ......

You are 100% correct ..... and as a result Dessie was unceremonously fired from the Bulldogs when he couldn't get his team up to win matches ......
Your right Absolutely ! . .
The thing is feathered friend even Bradman got out for a duck .
The Big Picture here is....
Both Des and Bradman have the runs on the board to bounce back with a vengeance !!!

What do Don on and Des have in common ?
They both are known to hit the opposition over the fence for a six !!!
977600300764655c92a93d7392e4d480.jpg

Seems to be a lot of people writing off the titans. Not so sure about that.
Forward pack includes Ryan James, Wallace, Boyd from Raiders ,Proctor , Arrow and Peats.Thry have a young kid Fatoulaki ( something like that ) who is a great young talent also.
Their forwards ran over us like we were kids in Gladstone last year. It was men against boys that day.

Throw in a good young half in Taylor,good back up in Riley Jacks ,Peachey in the centres from Panthers partnering our own Brian Kelly,the return of Tyrone Roberts who is underrated and the further emergence of possible superstar Brimsley and that’s a fair side.

Coach has wraps and big Mal to mentor also.

I would not be betting a whole lot of cash we beat them home if Walker is outed.In fact I wouldn’t be betting any cash at all.

Not so much a knock on us. Just think Titans are genuine top 8 chances.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of people writing off the titans. Not so sure about that.
Forward pack includes Ryan James, Wallace, Boyd from Raiders ,Proctor , Arrow and Peats.
They ran over us like we were kids in Gladstone last year. It was men against boys that day.

Throw in a good young half in Taylor,Peachey in the backs from Panthers and the ex Knight and Titan five eight who is underrated ( name escapes me) and the further emergence of possible superstar Brimsley and that’s a fair side.

I would not be betting a whole lot of cash we beat them home if Walker is outed.
Every one ran over us like we were kids under Trent . We ran last . We are were no bench mark for any team .
I agree though they can improve with additions like Boyd, Peachy and young Brimsleys skill and speed can be a game breaker .

Well we have probably lost our two starting centres and added no one of real note.

They have added Jacks, Peachey, Boyd, Roberts and Kelly and Brimsley could be anything.
Their outside backs eat ours with a backline of Brimsley Don Peachey Kelly and Sami.( assuming Walks is out).

Tafua Garrick Suli Elliott on paper is worst in NRL.
We need Hoppa and Garrick to be stars to change that and that may happen, who knows.

Given they also flogged us last year , particularly in the middle, I think they have every chance of finishing ahead of us.

Des will make a huge difference in attitude and tactics. We won’t see the embarrassing capitulations and paper thin defence and Hail Mary football but the cattle seem weaker this year with the three quarter line loking a real worry.

Last edited:
Thought I'd just share this with my fellow feathered friends, I ran into the great man Dessy at my work today (airport) and we had a quick little chat and let me just say this, not only was he was very friendly and approachable, but seemed very confident and praised his players and how they're all training the house down. He's happy to be back and thinks we'll do a lot better than what most people think.
Hopefully happy days ahead peoples...Go Manly!! :rock:

I am thinking that the Dogs or Cows are in for the spoon this season.

Dogs lack depth across their team, Foran is injury prone which might disrupt them and Pay showed little promise to fix their mess (which is Des fault apparently).

Cows have lost Thurston, don't have an established full back (or a gun junior) and only really have Morgan in the halves. They have a decent forward pack but I dont think it will be enough. They are also coming into the season off a bad year, floods causing training issues and the Bah bah controversy.

I also wouldn't discredit the serial offenders, the eels, who cant seem to get their sh!t together.

Well we have probably lost our two starting centres and added no one of real note.

They have added Jacks, Peachey, Boyd, Roberts and Kelly and Brimsley could be anything.
Their outside backs eat ours with a backline of Brimsley Don Peachey Kelly and Sami.( assuming Walks is out).

Tafua Garrick Suli Elliott on paper is worst in NRL.
We need Hoppa and Garrick to be stars to change that and that may happen, who knows.

Given they also flogged us last year , particularly in the middle, I think they have every chance of finishing ahead of us.

Des will make a huge difference in attitude and tactics. We won’t see the embarrassing capitulations and paper thin defence and Hail Mary football but the cattle seem weaker this year with the three quarter line loking a real worry.

Spot on!!

Our half and 5/8 are quality , our fullback very talented BUT work in progress , as to the rest ( minus Walker) by far and away the worst in the league.

Hope I’m wrong but can see us being murdered out wide by many teams , including the Titans.

Your right Absolutely ! . .
The thing is feathered friend even Bradman got out for a duck .
The Big Picture here is....
Both Des and Bradman have the runs on the board to bounce back with a vengeance !!!

What do Don on and Des have in common ?
They both are known to hit the opposition over the fence for a six !!!
View attachment 10681
I have to pick you up on your cricketing knowledge Bozo.
Bradman was not a six-hitter. In his Test career he hit just six sixes, preferring to keep the ball on the ground where he struck 618 fours.
I understand the intent of your metaphor but using Bradman as the example was incorrect. Perhaps, instead, you can use a photo of the Mosman blaster, AB, who, when he lived in Sydney, was a Sea Eagles fan.

I have to pick you up on your cricketing knowledge Bozo.
Bradman was not a six-hitter. In his Test career he hit just six sixes, preferring to keep the ball on the ground where he struck 618 fours.
I understand the intent of your metaphor but using Bradman as the example was incorrect. Perhaps, instead, you can use a photo of the Mosman blaster, AB, who, when he lived in Sydney, was a Sea Eagles fan.

My Dad saw Bradman play many times , he told me he was a freak at putting the ball to the boundaries wherever a fielder wasn’t.

The opppsition would move fielders around ( constantly ) The Don would just look around , then hit it where they’d just moved a fielder from.

And yes correct , didn’t hit many Six’s at all.

Spot on!!

Our half and 5/8 are quality , our fullback very talented BUT work in progress , as to the rest ( minus Walker) by far and away the worst in the league.

Hope I’m wrong but can see us being murdered out wide by many teams , including the Titans.
I don’t think our new 5/8 can tackle. can he?

Was really hoping for a reduction in the interchange this year. I think with the big minutes our pack can play it would make us fly up the ladder.. Don't think with all the HIA stuff and just general injuries the NRL leadership will have the balls to reduce the interchange anytime in the near future.

I am thinking that the Dogs or Cows are in for the spoon this season.

Dogs lack depth across their team, Foran is injury prone which might disrupt them and Pay showed little promise to fix their mess (which is Des fault apparently).

Cows have lost Thurston, don't have an established full back (or a gun junior) and only really have Morgan in the halves. They have a decent forward pack but I dont think it will be enough. They are also coming into the season off a bad year, floods causing training issues and the Bah bah controversy.

I also wouldn't discredit the serial offenders, the eels, who cant seem to get their sh!t together.

Certainly the Dogs look weak, but I wouldn't under estimate any side with Hopoate and Foran in their side....yes Foran. If he can avoid injury, I think we'll see a little of what Manly saw many years ago....just a little less direct attacking and a little more distributing. He's got the talent as has Hopoate. Just have to stay on the field long enough to get his confidence back.

Speaking of which - Brandy has moved a couple doors down from me in Narrabeen. Distancing himself from the rabble I assume.
He has lived up here for at least 20 years. Put some Manly streamers onto his car :rofl:

(I used to do that to Greg Cox's back in the 70s :p)

Fitler was next door to Bozo at Collaroy.
Think he moved in land to Terry Hills to be bear Gasnier :giggle:

Matty Johns near Des at Collaroy and Joey up at Mona Vale

We are the preferred habitat of the League retirees :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4