Favourite For Wooden Spoon 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Likely cop abuse for my opinion, but I find it a pretty valid assessment, based on last years finish and lack of real impact signings.
I feel our strongest recruitment has been coach and support staff, but as good as this factor is, maybe a big call to expect instant success off this, the players will decide the results on the field though the off field management is going to guarantee the best chance of this.
I do not agree by the way and have high expectation of a Manly Top 8 finish, but we all have serious Maroon and White glasses like most fans expectations of their chances.
No doubt there is a fair bit of power in the forwards, but we do rely on Elgey coming good at 5/8, or basically could struggle.
Also have to hope for a miracle in the 3/4 line which is arguably the weakest in the NRL, especially if Walker is outed....but as much as it's important for Elgey to fire, need Hoppa Jnr or Garrick to really impress from day 1, as the forwards will at very least compete , if not out power most opposition packs.
Also to see this tip takes me back to the last successful run just over a decade ago, where Manly flew under the radar and personally happy to see Manly take that role again in 2019.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/215975ed1837ff90c553c2d19d41860f

Struggling Sea Eagles to miss finals
Manly have slid back to the pack in recent seasons and their run of seven consecutive finals appearances looks set to end in 2011. While Des Hasler still has the core of the 2008 premiership-winning side at his disposal, the Sea Eagles have slowly lost squad depth while failing to rejuvenate their roster with strong signings. If Manly suffer a similar injury toll to last season they could fall as far as the bottom four.

images

:D

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/215975ed1837ff90c553c2d19d41860f

Manly have slid back to the pack in recent seasons and their run of seven consecutive finals appearances looks set to end in 2011. While Des Hasler still has the core of the 2008 premiership-winning side at his disposal, the Sea Eagles have slowly lost squad depth while failing to rejuvenate their roster with strong signings. If Manly suffer a similar injury toll to last season they could fall as far as the bottom four.

images

He could not have been more wrong on so many predictions. Raiders to take the tittle

images

After such a pessimistic article/forecast in the telecrap, thanks HM that's awesome :clap: If this doesn't lift the spirits, nothing will!

(Side note - the guy in front of Donny imo looks like Freddy with hair dyed!)

My humble opinion is I'd like to think we'll make the 8. New coaching staff will make a big difference on and off field. Hate to say it though, our season hinges on what happens with Walker.

After such a pessimistic article/forecast in the telecrap, thanks HM that's awesome :clap: If this doesn't lift the spirits, nothing will!

(Side note - the guy in front of Donny imo looks like Freddy with hair dyed!)

My humble opinion is I'd like to think we'll make the 8. New coaching staff will make a big difference on and off field. Hate to say it though, our season hinges on what happens with Walker.
If Manly can't cover a vacant centre spot then Dez has gone gaga :wait:

giphy.gif

The warriors for me will get the spoon just in front of the dogs . Shaun Johnson will be a big loss and Blake green will struggle . Dogs will compete in games for a quarter of the match and get hammered the deeper in it goes .

Likely cop abuse for my opinion, but I find it a pretty valid assessment, based on last years finish and lack of real impact signings.
I feel our strongest recruitment has been coach and support staff, but as good as this factor is, maybe a big call to expect instant success off this, the players will decide the results on the field though the off field management is going to guarantee the best chance of this.
I do not agree by the way and have high expectation of a Manly Top 8 finish, but we all have serious Maroon and White glasses like most fans expectations of their chances.
No doubt there is a fair bit of power in the forwards, but we do rely on Elgey coming good at 5/8, or basically could struggle.
Also have to hope for a miracle in the 3/4 line which is arguably the weakest in the NRL, especially if Walker is outed....but as much as it's important for Elgey to fire, need Hoppa Jnr or Garrick to really impress from day 1, as the forwards will at very least compete , if not out power most opposition packs.
Also to see this tip takes me back to the last successful run just over a decade ago, where Manly flew under the radar and personally happy to see Manly take that role again in 2019.
I dont think you see the Big picture feathered friend ......
We do have real impact signings . Our major signing that will have a big impact is our experienced , proven , premiership winning coach that will impact on ALL our players and THE TEAM.
Last season the unqualified quitting head coach Trent had us running around like Eagles with our wings cut off . No wonder we could not fly
Des will give ALL our players back their wings . Now that is a real impact signing .
HAVE WINGS WILL FLY . BRING ON SEASON 2019 .
GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!

worth putting a slice on us to make the 8 then as the odds should be pretty juicy

Roosters
Panthers
Broncos
Storm
Dragons
Rabbitohs
Knights
Cowboys

Sharks
Manly
Slime
Tigers
Warriors
Titans
Dogs
Raiders

Very close I reckon, I’ve got them pegged for 10th.

And as I’ve said, 10th, with the salary cap hit for two years, a change of coach and some “ mediocre cattle” will be a great result.

I’d suggest Des would be counting down the days to the point we can start poaching some better players for 2020 and beyond and I’d suggest there’s a few current players who will know they are on borrowed time.

We don’t need many stars nor that many punted but we do need a few of both.

I dont think you see the Big picture feathered friend ......
We do have real impact signings . Our major signing that will have a big impact is our experienced , proven , premiership winning coach that will impact on ALL our players and THE TEAM.
Last season the unqualified quitting head coach Trent had us running around like Eagles with our wings cut off . No wonder we could not fly
Des will give ALL our players back their wings . Now that is a real impact signing .
HAVE WINGS WILL FLY . BRING ON SEASON 2019 .
GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES !!!
Maybe read again Bozo - I done a paragraph about the quality of coaching and staff and previously a thread about the impact of these Manly legends on return.
Fact is, on a playing scale there is no major signings though I do expect Elgey to suprise with his impact and young Hoppa to make it early on....which will help.
The backs are thin in the 3/4 line but the forwards are a powerful lot.
I think Manly will make the 8 and stated it, though in this case as much as the media bash Manly....I reckon the journo had rights to Manly being down the bottom due to last years finish.

Honestly the NRL is crazy tight, a few injuries, a bit of squad disharmony and teams campaigns can go right off the rails.

This year with the coaching merry go round, key players shifting and some big retirements it is an absolute lottery. I could honestly see us finishing anywhere from 4th to 14th.....with the most probably 8th-12th

Maybe read again Bozo - I done a paragraph about the quality of coaching and staff and previously a thread about the impact of these Manly legends on return.
Fact is, on a playing scale there is no major signings though I do expect Elgey to suprise with his impact and young Hoppa to make it early on....which will help.
The backs are thin in the 3/4 line but the forwards are a powerful lot.
I think Manly will make the 8 and stated it, though in this case as much as the media bash Manly....I reckon the journo had rights to Manly being down the bottom due to last years finish.
Fair enough mate , I get your point . I was looking at it from another view . We grossly under performed last season and I also think we are a top 8 team .
Top 8 Des . No excuses !!!

Honestly the NRL is crazy tight, a few injuries, a bit of squad disharmony and teams campaigns can go right off the rails.

This year with the coaching merry go round, key players shifting and some big retirements it is an absolute lottery. I could honestly see us finishing anywhere from 4th to 14th.....with the most probably 8th-12th

All good points.

The biggest single factor is key injuries , we lose say Tommy or Cherry for the year they are big shoes to fill.

Ditto pick the two key players for any side and if they lose them they’d struggle too.

It could be a very very strange season, teams expected to do well might fail and vice versa.

Who really knows!!

With as many injuries as we had in '18, we'll struggle at around 12th. If injuries are light, we'll make the finals...just

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4