Faumuina... Manly not interested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
Faumuina may fly to Sea Eagles

sione10406_wideweb__470x348,0.jpg

He could add a lot to the side I think, either as a starter or impact bench player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in ESL though.

he plays hard and would be a good replacement for BK. I wonder what his off field antics were or they might be just a beat up. Id be happy to have him in the side.

He is a handy ball player and has covered 5/8 a lot for the Worriers as well. I think he is an excellent footballer, but not sure whether he'll pass the "no d*ckheads" screening policy. I'd be prepared to take a risk on him, because if he works out he could be a great buy.

lol that is gold........ How waither thin is it so that all can save face.

Warriors get no retrobution from fans
Sione gets to move to the club he wants
Manly get the player they want

All manly have to do, and sione is to take a bit of neg press which really is not that bad anyways.

Do we really want him at Manly?

New Zealand Warriors star Sione Faumuina has had his NRL contract terminated by the Auckland-based club following an alcohol-related incident.

The talented utility is believed to have been involved in a serious incident which took place on Sunday following the Warriors' win over the Roosters at Mt Smart Stadium.

Sunday's concern is the second off-field issue involving Faumuina this season after he was fined and reprimanded by the club for getting intoxicated at veteran Awen Guttenbeil's testimonial lunch just over a month ago.

However, the latest behaviour topic has left the Warriors with no choice but to terminate Faumuina's contract with the club.

"This was a further incident of serious misconduct involving alcohol and, as a result, we had no option but to terminate Sione's contract immediately," said Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah.

"We had endeavoured to assist him with the apparent issues he has with alcohol but, despite assurances from him that he would take up the offer of support, we're very disappointed that another serious incident has occurred so soon."

"While terminating the contract of a player of Sione's standing and experience is unfortunate, we're not prepared to compromise the standards of behaviour that we are striving to build and maintain at this club."

It seems as though he has a drinking problem that he has not been prepared to do anything about - even with an offer of assistance from the Warriors.
Maybe a change of club & influences may be just the tonic he needs.....

If he can get his act off the field together and improve his defence, he'd be a great buy for us to slot into the lock position, or perhaps off the bench. Against us early this year, he was their most damaging ball runner and looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

By the sounds of things faumauina has been shagged around this season by the warriors. I don't think he was terribly impressed at being given the 6 jersey - this apparantly led to his non-inclusion for the kiwis.

I think since he missed selection for the anzac test his off-field antics have taken a turn for the worse. I would pick him up for next year, play him at lock as thats where he is most devastating from and with Manlys side next year he will really flourish!

Yup...perfect player if with the right role models. I know this is a bit of a genaralising type view, but I don't think the Warriors boys would be the most behaved bunch around.

With players like Kite / Beaver and co. around Sione, he'll become a great card shark, not a great alcoholic.

Coudos to the club for a fine OFF field performance in the past year.

Apparently Matai doesn't have a concern whatsoever from his court case...

that would be "Kudos" im guessing,

yeah touch wood we have a great rep off the field.

I would love to see Beaver shadowing big Faumuinaaaaa! ( as the kiwi comentators call him ) around the edge of the ruck, let alone the snake slithering through !! :dance:

I'm so glad people are keeping Ryan in line these days. Once upon a time it was only me doing it and frankly, it was a full time job.

Yep i agree with all those who would take him...

Not sure about his off field stuff but he is dangerous nearly every game he plays.... he offloads in just about every tackle.. if he comes over could Brett Stewart perhaps be the first player to score 50 tries in a season???? :lol:

I'm so glad people are keeping Ryan in line these days. Once upon a time it was only me doing it and frankly, it was a full time job.

Mate...no chance. I'd only be inclined to listen to someone who actually contributes to society....and unfortunately....you are not in that category at present - and yes, yes...I know your proud of it blah, blah, blah....

LoL

I love it that a bloke who works in a bank and writes YARTS thinks that he is contributing to Society!!! :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Your going the right way about not being able to have any finance approved for the next 7 years my friend !!! ;) ;) ;)

I love it that a bloke who works in a bank and writes YARTS thinks that he is contributing to Society!!! :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

he contributes to society CW, just not in a positive way ;)

Apparenlty Sione hates Ivan Cleary and this has a lot to do with his behaviour.

Being sacked by the warriors might be because he has already signed with us for next year?

If we have signed him along with the 2 other players mentioned yesterday we will have a good forward pack to support a great Jamie Lyon lead backline.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

he contributes to society CW, just not in a positive way ;)
[/quote]

so were you garts, until they made you remove your pic. Spent many a workhour admiring......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4