Fan arrested, released without charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So they're not going to hang him then?

Manly fan spared life ban over Will Chambers confrontation
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
September 5, 2019 3:37pm
Subscriber only
The Manly Sea Eagles fan who was arrested at Brookvale Oval last weekend for confronting Storm centre Will Chambers in the players’ tunnel will be banned from attending games for two years.

The NRL, the Manly club and police have agreed on the disciplinary action after the fan apologised to the Sea Eagles for his actions when Chambers was sent to the sin bin during their clash with Melbourne on Saturday night.

The fan has a week to respond to the NRL integrity unit’s charge.

“The NRL has issued a preliminary Banning Notice to an individual involved in an incident at Saturday night’s match between the Manly Sea Eagles and Melbourne Storm,” a spokesman told The Daily Telegraph.

“The spectator will now be given an opportunity to respond to the Banning Notice before any penalty is imposed.”

The spectator was restrained by security, handcuffed and removed from the ground by police, who have not charged him.

If the ban is imposed he would be banned for two years before he is allowed to apply to have the ban lifted.

The NRL integrity unit launched an investigation after the ugly incident marred the Storm’s 36-6 win over the Sea Eagles at the northern beaches suburban venue.

Coach Des Hasler apologised to Chambers after the game on behalf of the Sea Eagles.

The NRL has threatened to strip Lottoland of finals hosting rights unless Manly address security concerns after the Sea Eagles fan lashed out at Chambers.

The incident highlighted the shortcomings at the ground as a fan wearing a Manly jersey appeared to reach through the players’ tunnel to lash out at Chambers as the Storm centre left the field after being sin binned.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said that unless improvements were made to the venue in the next two weeks, the Sea Eagles would not be allowed to host a finals game at their spiritual home.

However, Manly chairman Scott Penn says the game has nothing to worry about in the future.

What a beat up, "appeared to...lash out", the bloke gave Chambers a bit of stick & tried to film his reaction, nothing more.

5 games max should see it sorted but 2 years??? Some murderers get less than that!

What a beat up, "appeared to...lash out", the bloke gave Chambers a bit of stick & tried to film his reaction, nothing more.

5 games max should see it sorted but 2 years??? Some murderers get less than that!
Some people get banned from Brookie for less than two years for murder? Now that's some creative sentencing.

If they wanted to get really tough, they should make him attend every Dragons match for two years.

Unless Brookie introduces face-recognition technology this "ban" has about as much chance of success as trying to run over the top of AFB and Kapow.
Are they going to have a photo of the 'Phone-Gate Perpetrator' and stop and compare everyone entering Brookie?
Are they going to ask every entrant to show proof of identity?
For decades I've seen just how antiquated the entry facilities are at Brookie. The part-time staff are certainly not equipped to detect PGP; a can of Coke, perhaps, but not someone who could fool them simply by growing facial hair or wearing an opposition cap.
This 'ban' is purely NRL spin, like so much of the crap that spews from that organisation.

Unless Brookie introduces face-recognition technology this "ban" has about as much chance of success as trying to run over the top of AFB and Kapow.
Are they going to have a photo of the 'Phone-Gate Perpetrator' and stop and compare everyone entering Brookie?
Are they going to ask every entrant to show proof of identity?
For decades I've seen just how antiquated the entry facilities are at Brookie. The part-time staff are certainly not equipped to detect PGP; a can of Coke, perhaps, but not someone who could fool them simply by growing facial hair or wearing an opposition cap.
This 'ban' is purely NRL spin, like so much of the crap that spews from that organisation.
Funny how they blow everything out of proportion. The guy didn't do anything wrong, he put his phone in his face after he gave him a serve..... and? 2 years for that? What the HECK! i hope he never misses a game.. just get some big sunnies lose the hat or get a beanie with the dreads and hes all good to go

Banned from the NRL for two years. I would consider that a reward! I would tell my lawyers to appeal the sentence and ask for more.

Of course he wasn't charged. He barely made contact with his phone. I guy brushed past me with his trolley in the supermarket the other day. Why wasn't he hand-cuffed and banned from Coles?

This has nothing to do with the Chambers incident but just want to highlight some issues I had with Security on Saturday night, they've been shambolic for a while.
We entered via the gates at the Northern end at around 4.15
I jokingly said to my daughter as we were walking down the hill that tonight would be easy to bring our own grog in as my backpack was stuffed with raincoats and ponchos and that their cursory feel
wouldn't uncover anything.
Well bugger me if when we got to the entrance and I was the next one to present my bag the guy just left his station for a moment to attend to something else and I walked straight in jokingly saying "damn I could've brought a six pack in.." loudly enough for the people behind me to hear and laugh, scanned my card and walked in.
Not one other staff member/security said or did anything - no checks and balances.

Went to the can bar and we got two each, my son said he wanted something to eat so not thinking we just walked towards the kiosk under the scoreboard on the family hill, no Security to stop us.
Got to the front of the line, ordered my sons food, put my beers on the counter to get my wallet out, no one said a word to me about having beers in there - I even commented to the supervisor that she was doing a good job as she was checking if the pies were hot enough yet.

It was only when were walking down to the concourse that I realised that I was in there with beers.
As we walked out the gate to go to the hill I jokingly said to the security guy that someone at the top of the hill wasn't doing their job as we had got in with beers and we kept walking.
We had gone about 15m when he chased us and said "hey, you can't go in there with beers, you've got to go back", I laughed and said "mate, we're allowed in here we can't go in there" pointing to the family hill area that we'd just come from.
He sheepishly looked back to where he had just come from which was right in front of the restricted area sign and then went back to his post.

If this is the quality of the security that is commonplace amongst all of them, then no wonder we had
a problem.

These two issues I raised are no biggie in the scheme of things but if I was an idiot that was prone to cause trouble then I've got past security twice without even trying or thinking about it.

Had issues before with what food you're allowed to bring in etc, again no biggie but just wanted to highlight the general haphazard standard of the security company.

I know they're contracted but they need to be better.

I hate the fact that we need to have bag searches, we can't bring in certain things, sit in certain areas with a beer but if that's now the norm then they really need to do better.
Easy for you to criticise the security mate but I bet you there wasn't a single parent there who managed to smuggle in a packet of chips for their kids - that's the sort of dedication to duty the Manly security guards have. @:)

Banned for two years?

Now he'll have to stay at home and watch the game on TV like all of the roosters supporters.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...-between-roosters-and-rabbitohs-fans-c-439373

It's amazing that the only main stream media I could find on this was from rival channel '7'.

No comments from Todd, no comments from Politis, no threats of bannings, no reiteration of 'the paramount of fan safety', no threats of moving games away from the venue.

I don't watch all the footy shows so I don't know if one of the usual brigade of journos even mentioned it.

And yet "manly fan puts camera near a player, now compared to hitler."

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...-between-roosters-and-rabbitohs-fans-c-439373

It's amazing that the only main stream media I could find on this was from rival channel '7'.

No comments from Todd, no comments from Politis, no threats of bannings, no reiteration of 'the paramount of fan safety', no threats of moving games away from the venue.

I don't watch all the footy shows so I don't know if one of the usual brigade of journos even mentioned it.

And yet "manly fan puts camera near a player, now compared to hitler."
I’m pretty sure the brawl was started by Manly fans affected by asbestos mixed with Jim Beam.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8