Faith in Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought Walker had a very strong defensive game tonight, but didn't seem to have sufficient zip to run through gaps.

Walker was doing well at 5/8 in our previous finals appearance year and early the following season, just his off field crap and injuries have curtailed his development.

To me potentially there is a nice overlap of a few years of Foran(if his body holds up) than a few years of Dylan at 5/8.

DCE as much as he has many flaws i feel will have his best years from now to mid 30's. Good with injuries and i think as he slows down he will play a little more composed and thoughtful.
If Dylan goes back to 5/8 then we will go backwards. He makes poor decisions under pressure, often dies with the ball and has a very limited kicking game.

We would be better off with Schuster or to look elsewhere if Schuster is to stay on the edge.

Inspired us tonight. The whole group went up a gear when he came in and started slicing them apart.
(I think) I watched the same game and didn't get that impression at all.

We needed to grind down the Raiders and it wasn't really happening while Walker was on for Sipley.

The game turned when Croker and Walker both came off midway through the second half (for Lawton and Sironen). Not saying it was Walker's fault we were behind, but we needed go-forward from an extra forward that we weren't getting while Dylan was out there.

Did nothing wrong tonight, was good in defence, only notice a couple of minor things, turned his back on the attack once on the blind side in the first half and killed a couple of nice attacking opportunities by not going out the back when he offloaded to Jake on three occasions when we were lined out for some attacking raids. All up I think probably his best game in a while.

(I think) I watched the same game and didn't get that impression at all.

We needed to grind down the Raiders and it wasn't really happening while Walker was on for Sipley.

The game turned when Croker and Walker both came off midway through the second half (for Lawton and Sironen). Not saying it was Walker's fault we were behind, but we needed go-forward from an extra forward that we weren't getting while Dylan was out there.

Fair enough , agree to disagree hehe.

That said, Foz stood up like a trojan tonight. He almost took control, and we looked the better for it.

I'd like to see him run into the ball ( maybe from a little deeper) at speed and either ask real questions of tired defenders ( don't think he can pick them out) or spread to Foz / DCe

I thought we looked better when Walker was replaced early in the 2nd half with a real go forward forward.

I believe Des needs to re-think when he brings Walker on, as at the moment he takes too much of the ball from DCE, Foran and most importantly Schuster.
Hadn't noticed it before but you are spot on. As soon as Walker took the 14 role, outside of the out the back play to TT, we have lost our effectiveness on that left side.

I thought we looked better when Walker was replaced early in the 2nd half with a real go forward forward.

I believe Des needs to re-think when he brings Walker on, as at the moment he takes too much of the ball from DCE, Foran and most importantly Schuster.
I don't think you have ever said anything complimentary about Walker lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8