Fainu to start.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah and he never bloody comes through as first second half tryscorer either!

While he has appeared sluggish perhaps it's just opposition sides are being coached to nullify the one two punch of Api and Fainu.
The kid no doubt has talent but that surprise element he had has gone.
Des is the Master at getting players to study their opponents and do the job. Others can also do it.

He is still getting use to the rigours of nrl week in week out. It was our first 5 day turn around. You will probably find it was a shock to alot of our players systems

Fainu "s entering the match usually coincides with A F B and Marty having a break also and consequently less go forward impact to work off in the main then . Just too much to expect to have Waddell [ essentially a converted 2 nd rower and for for all of his whole hearted efforts ] and Boyle at this stage to provide the same impetus . Sipley did offer more and maybe Paseka could now and playing to his best level . Fainu still is racking up a reasonable defensive effort and no doubt is being watched more now from opposition defences . No reason why he can not be a long term good value player for Manly with his all round skill set and maybe his longer kicking game could have been an improvement on last night 's pretty ineffectual kicking outcomes .

Fainu "s entering the match usually coincides with A F B and Marty having a break also and consequently less go forward impact to work off in the main then . Just too much to expect to have Waddell [ essentially a converted 2 nd rower and for for all of his whole hearted efforts ] and Boyle at this stage to provide the same impetus . Sipley did offer more and maybe Paseka could now and playing to his best level . Fainu still is racking up a reasonable defensive effort and no doubt is being watched more now from opposition defences . No reason why he can not be a long term good value player for Manly with his all round skill set and maybe his longer kicking game could have been an improvement on last night 's pretty ineffectual kicking outcomes .

Very good point AL we had no go forward for the bulk of the time he was out there and you are right it coincided with the two book ends being off. The Titans were getting quick play the balls but on the other hand we were getting owned in the ruck and the slowing of our play the ball was a big factor. We were our own worse enemies however the refereeing was terribly one sided.

Fainu feeds off the second phase play and off loads. Manly didn't do much of that at all last night. His legs just seemed a little heavy, when he is usually quick out of dummy half and has an awesome running game. He will be back, very good player but those that were saying moving Api on have been off the mark. He is still such a valuable player, is fit and plays tough and is a great runner and really knows how to suck defenders in and make them commit. I really like Api

Doesn't take much for some to turn on our own .......

Api is a very good player ...
Fainu is a very good player ....

... and consistent form is an Old World Myth only remembered and spoken about in hushed tones by Grandpa's around the camp fire ..

(PSS ... If you don't like Fainu's form ... hang around for a week .. it'll change back) ..

Yep. And this stuff that he isn’t fit enough is rubbish. He is in everything. So many offloads today.Guess who was the guy who followed the kick back to save a try in the eightieth minute.

Bottom line is when he is on the field we score points and look dangerous. That’s all you can ask for a bench player .

Was at the game and we looked all over the shop, api came off injured and fainu straightened us up almost immediately. He should start going forward.

I agree but god some of his service is slow and sloppy

I agree but god some of his service is slow and sloppy

I think he just looks slow, but isn't. Hard to explain, but he seems to have so much time. Agree some passes look sloppy but he does too much other positive stuff it's outweighed.

Was at the game and we looked all over the shop, api came off injured and fainu straightened us up almost immediately. He should start going forward.

I agree I think he is the first choice hooker :)

And maybe bring Sam Verrills back home from the roosters as back up hooker off the bench

His brother Jack committed suicide in 2015 a few years back he was part of the manly squad

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9