Fainu to start.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fainu is already playing like one of the best hookers in the comp, will handle the start easily. Still, would like dockar-clay on the bench this weekend as cover for fainu or api, can play both roles. Maybe leave out Boyle as I haven't been overly impressed, prefer waddell, gosie and tanginoa.
Des is just protecting Cust in my opinion.

Someone who has grown up with the moniker Cade Cust is unlikely to need protecting for very long. It's the old 'boy named Sue' syndrome!

Fainu is already playing like one of the best hookers in the comp, will handle the start easily. Still, would like dockar-clay on the bench this weekend as cover for fainu or api, can play both roles. Maybe leave out Boyle as I haven't been overly impressed, prefer waddell, gosie and tanginoa.
Boyle will come good. Well in my opinion he’s already been good but with his size it is probably expected that he will star (like he did for titans vs storm two years back). He is a no nonsense worker trying his best, last game he played we were constantly trapped near our tryline negating his impact although some more gametime in open field position and his value should come to light imo

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/05/06/fainu-facing-international-eligibility-decision/
Manly hooker Manase Fainu is set to end a three-way battle over his representative eligibility by deciding between Tonga, New Zealand and Australia over the next month.

Born in Sydney, Fainu's rapid rise through the NRL ranks has landed him at the forefront of discussions for both Tonga and the Kiwis.

Another spanner was thrown into the works when the 20-year-old met with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler and declared an interest in playing State of Origin for the Blues.

Fainu spent time with the Tongan squad ahead of the Pacific Test in June last season after representing the Junior Kiwis in 2017 on account of his mother's heritage.

He was selected for a Junior Kiwis' squad in 2018 but did not play.

The international tug of war is likely to come to a head before New Zealand host Tonga in Auckland on June 22.

"I'm available for either Tonga or New Zealand but I'm unsure what I'm doing, even NSW if they want me," Fainu told NRL.com.

remote.axd

Match Highlights: Sea Eagles v Bulldogs

"It's something I need to think about and make a decision soon. No one has approached me from either country, I haven't got a call or anything like that but I'll talk to my family and we'll see.

"My dad is Tongan and both my parents are supportive of my decision."

Making the case more intriguing for the Guildford junior is the influence of Tongan international Addin Fonua-Blake and Kiwi prop Martin Taupau on him at the Sea Eagles.

Sea Eagles v Broncos - Magic Round

Fainu admitted Fonua-Blake had been in his ear about committing to the Tongan side but that the Junior Kiwis experience had left him torn on his next decision.

"Addin just said to me to follow my heart and do what's best for me, he said only I can decide where I want to play," Fainu said.

"Junior Kiwis was great and I learnt a lot about my mother's heritage and representing that side of my family."

Fainu has earned high praise since bursting onto the scene as a teenager at the Sea Eagles under former coach Trent Barrett last season.

The Guildford product has scored three tries in seven appearances in 2019 and continues to put pressure on regular No.9 Api Koroisau at the Sea Eagles.

His service at dummy half is even more impressive given he spent his junior days as a playmaker alongside rookie Cade Cust.

"I had a couple of bad games in the 20s in a row and got benched, our coach thought he would use me at hooker and I haven't looked back," Fainu said.

"I was nervous playing under Des this season. He comes across as very intimidating to everyone but he's the opposite to us as players and a very good coach. Api there too he's helped me transition at hooker a lot."

Old news.

All the cool kids have already read and or posted this in this thread.

https://silvertails.net/threads/general-nrl-chat.47953/page-13#post-1141909

Keep up Grandpa's!!!

:p

If you think there will be a difference in wages ..... you're dreaming

At present there would be a difference between api and Fainu, if we offload api and upgrade Fainu, there is still a net difference in salary and a new slot in our squad

At present there would be a difference between api and Fainu, if we offload api and upgrade Fainu, there is still a net difference in salary and a new slot in our squad

I think any upgrade of Fainu's contract will see him earn well in excess of Api's current contract .... with up to 10 clubs chasing him he won't re-sign for under a motza plus 10% .....

Fainu is signed for next year so for the mathematical neanderthals among us that means he will cost less than re-signing Api (which I'm not against) for 2020.

Unless other clubs start throwing big money offers at him after Nov 1 and he wants an upgrade or else a release.
Paul Crawley said on 360 that apparently clubs can negotiate with players prior to 1 November but can’t agree terms until then.

So the big money offers are probably already coming in for Manase, if what Crawley says is true.

Fainu is not the messiah, he is just a lazy boy.

Fainu has been poor the last 3 weeks. He is a long way off being able to handle the week in week out nrl grind.

Tonight seemed to be thinking where down Manly he was going out after the game and saving energy for that, rather than putting in effort after effort.

Fainu is not the messiah, he is just a lazy boy.

Fainu has been poor the last 3 weeks. He is a long way off being able to handle the week in week out nrl grind.

Tonight seemed to be thinking where down Manly he was going out after the game and saving energy for that, rather than putting in effort after effort.

You follow him on social media too huh? I tried to say something similar last week, and got absolutely lambasted for it.

You follow him on social media too huh? I tried to say something similar last week, and got absolutely lambasted for it.

No I don't follow him on social media.

I was saying the same thing in March. He has a way to go before he is a top class first grader despite all his fanbois here on silvertails.
That said, he has the talent to be anything. He now needs the dedication and discipline.

With Api being the ultra high energy player out of the two, it makes more sense to throw Fainu out there for the first 15 mins and let his big young body soak up the early onslaught, and then throw Api out there fresh to run amok.

I think he's coming long nicely and we have to remember he's still just a youngster. Speaking of hookers, if we have any injuries this year I'd be keen to see how Croker handled the job coming off the bench.

No I don't follow him on social media.

I was saying the same thing in March. He has a way to go before he is a top class first grader despite all his fanbois here on silvertails.
That said, he has the talent to be anything. He now needs the dedication and discipline.
Hes a lazy **** api was killing them up the middle fainu came on and barely ran at all. His defense is also a worry at times. If des put api back on with 30 to go we would of won that game. We also need another bench prop boyle is garbage

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10