Fainu DCE Tommy ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Elgey would be performing better if he was the main man in the halves. Seems to be reluctant to take control over DCE when an opportunity arises. Maybe some self doubt and being surrounded by a completely new team. He needs a confidence boost to inspire his self belief. I am sure he is aware that his spot is far from being cemented, so unless he backs himself and creates some magic in the next few rounds he will be replaced.

I think he’d take more control with the 7 on his back.. It would remind him to be the general that steadys and steers the ship while DCE picks his moments. Just a theory of course, not a statement..

I agree wholeheartedly we have a long way to go as the Warriors defence was disgraceful and yes the grinding sides are an entirely different kettle of fish but if you watch Api and Fainu play and think they are similar in ability and style you are watching a different game to me.
Fainu has a more composed class about him that is for sure but still both of their strengths are more about ruck play and speed, both not great in crisp ball distribution off the ground without the delay of raising up with the ball or wide passing flat variety.

Let's not get too excited over one game, Manly have played like world beaters through the middle third against poor defensive lines for a few years now---it is a strong point and shows our limitations.

It shows the "current" attacking limitations of both our hookers and Tom at the back but also their strengths, you obviously want to play to your strengths but not limit yourself to them which has been Manly's biggest issue.

Both hookers don't really have a crisp expansive direct passing game out of dummy half, more about sharpness, footwork and deception around the ruck off the back of good go forward---mostly short off the hip options or your stock standard predictable lead go forward runner pass.

Teams that slow Manly down, tighten the defensive line and get Manly into a grind set for set inevitably get the better of us, the true test is if Manly can start winning the grind while adding more expansive lateral plays to take the pressure off the basic rolling go forward platform all teams aim for.

Some nice signs in the wide spreads during go forward sets against the Warriors and good for the confidence which was lacking a little---more nervousness really (understandable early in the season) but still a long way to go.
Having some outside backs with speed might help with the lateral success too, Techy. I think we're just playing the hand that we've been dealt atm

Having some outside backs with speed might help with the lateral success too, Techy. I think we're just playing the hand that we've been dealt atm
It's not necessarily about having the speed or class out wide to enable a more lateral game, more just structured spreads to take the heat off the go forward through the middle, you can make many easy yards this way along with move and stretch the defensive line more.(which will benefit up the middle plays in later tackles and reduce gang tackling slow downs)

Yes in an overall attacking sense lacking class and speed out wide is going to reduce the points scored in these areas no doubt, but a well structured confident team can still manufacture points in this way.

There were some nice signs against the Warriors with such spreads, some lines and structures were very reminiscent to the old Manly under Hasler but still a long way to go.

When the game becomes a grind that is the true test to see if Manly can still play with confidence and not go back into their one out go forward shell, still offering composed, skilled structured lateral movement under pressure conditions is the difference between making the eight or not combined with a hardened resolve in defence.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10