Fainu DCE Tommy ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Last year Hodkinson had some pretty poor execution in attack and defence for someone with his skillset and experience. Is he even playing reserves?

Need to swap Elgey for Hodko, he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be! I think he is the type of 5/8 we need right now, calm headed and better than Elegy in defense. Has EXPERIENCE also and that counts for plenty not to mention his kicking game and goal kicking also.
Returnofthestronger2gettherking

In LG's defence with regards to his defensive efforts yesterday (he missed 5 tackles), 2 or 3 of those were on RTS who makes his living making defenders look silly. Roger has left better players than LG clutching at thin air.

In all honesty, while I do think that he needs to show more than he has done so far over the opening three rounds, I don't think Des is seriously looking to drop LG anytime soon. He's in it for the long haul. He just needs to get his confidence up.

As for anyone saying put Api at 5/8.....give yourselves an uppercut.

I say unleash the Shooter. Schuster has it all and is way beyond SG Ball. Get him on a long term contract, bring him into the developmental squad later in the year when he turns 18 and bring him into 5/8 when the SG Ball comp is finished. I can see a magical combination with DCE if they play this right.

Metcalf having an ACL has surely put a spanner in his progress. They have been talking this kid up forever now, but having a year delay may mean his opportunity will be taken by someone else, and may not see a first grade Manly Jersey.
Sometimes that can work out well for a player and a club. It seems silly to say but it can make a gifted junior realise his fortune. It can keep the wolves/roosters at bay who snap up a clear first grader from the twenties and it gives an opportunity to someone like Cust to run the show and develop as the shot caller. It will work out hopefully for the best for everyone but as someone who has had four knee reconstructions himself I wish the bloke well.

i know that supercoach scoring doesn't always relate to a players performance but for a number 6 playing on a side winning by 46 - 12 he should have scored more than 10 supercpoch points(yes, i have him in my team & yes i am running out of patience with his scoring).

I would give LG a bit more time but initial indicators at 5/8 not good for mine. Some obvious misses in attack yesterday and last week and defensively I think needs work. Would love Des to give Api a shot at 5/8 during one of our games. Bolster the halves defensively and might open up some new attacking options. So we have young Fainu + DCE + Api + Turbo. Now that would be a real interesting spine.
It is very hard - almost impossible to make positional changes like this successfully at NRL standard. You just can't change many hookers into the halves for more than a part of a game or in an emergency a game or two. Halves can more successfully play as a hooker. Just like it is very hard to move a 2nd row to the Centres for more than a part of a game. I love the passion of people on here but calling for positional changes unless it is maybe centre to wing or fullback or vice versa really is just impossible to do other than in an emergency as I said.

Let's not get too excited over one game, Manly have played like world beaters through the middle third against poor defensive lines for a few years now---it is a strong point and shows our limitations.

It shows the "current" attacking limitations of both our hookers and Tom at the back but also their strengths, you obviously want to play to your strengths but not limit yourself to them which has been Manly's biggest issue.

Both hookers don't really have a crisp expansive direct passing game out of dummy half, more about sharpness, footwork and deception around the ruck off the back of good go forward---mostly short off the hip options or your stock standard predictable lead go forward runner pass.

Teams that slow Manly down, tighten the defensive line and get Manly into a grind set for set inevitably get the better of us, the true test is if Manly can start winning the grind while adding more expansive lateral plays to take the pressure off the basic rolling go forward platform all teams aim for.

Some nice signs in the wide spreads during go forward sets against the Warriors and good for the confidence which was lacking a little---more nervousness really (understandable early in the season) but still a long way to go.

I agree wholeheartedly we have a long way to go as the Warriors defence was disgraceful and yes the grinding sides are an entirely different kettle of fish but if you watch Api and Fainu play and think they are similar in ability and style you are watching a different game to me.

Yes massive difference in this game as DCE had so much time however in the first two games he was rushed given the line speed of Tigers and Rorters.

I agree wholeheartedly we have a long way to go as the Warriors defence was disgraceful and yes the grinding sides are an entirely different kettle of fish but if you watch Api and Fainu play and think they are similar in ability and style you are watching a different game to me.

You cant say that, we beat the number 1 team in the comp and are now premiership certainties, there were 5 or 6 threads all about the supercoach and how we are back. We haven't had a win like that since all the way back to 2018.....

Back in reality though, we have played decent footy most of the last few years when we have had close to our top 17 available (only Walker and possibly Paseka missing against the warriors) for years. Sirro seems to be a big factor, had won 60% in the first 2 years he was here but on the field less that 50% of the time.

Fainu is only in his second year so will continue to improve one would think, same goes with Paseka once he is back (only 21, very young for a prop). The team had to learn to play with his go forward last year and that time on the field is helping this year.

The last placed titans made the wabbits earn their win yesterday so there is hope.

Early days. Promising start to the season even with losses. They are still an outsider for the 8 but the betting is shortening. I'm still on 8-12...positioning that is not betting.

Having a settled and capable spine well into the future is definitely a preference and the way to go and having D C E , Tom , Fainu [ and at least in the short term also A P I ] offers some real optimism but i including Elgey as part of that equation could be a bit problematic . A P I was tried briefly as a 6 in 2016 and did not go too well but previously did play as a half occasionally from memory before his Manly days . As has Fainu in the 20 :s . Think that i can recall Fainu doing some clearance kicking in the 20 "s as well so this may be another string to his bow . A P i and Fainu in tandem for now , as for a longer term 6 , just have to hope for the best i guess . Cust and Elgey are still essentially 7 "s from my perspective , Croker on the dubious side , Metcalfe having a major setback now .Only Time will tell who the longer term six can be .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10