Fainu DCE Tommy ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
After another year of development from Fainu ,find a six and this is as good a spine as any in this comp. So many attacking options out of those three it’s scary.

Elgey Cust Metcalf step up or a new buy. Get that right and we will be a finals squad for a long time.The missing piece of the puzzle....

They seemed to already have a combination like have had a full season together....some of the attack was very slick and the way they played off the back of 2nd phase plays with Tom T floating around the middle was top shelf.
Fainu just gets them on the front foot so well and looks well beyond his youthful age with smarts setting the platform, plus picks his moments to run really well.

I think Elgey would be performing better if he was the main man in the halves. Seems to be reluctant to take control over DCE when an opportunity arises. Maybe some self doubt and being surrounded by a completely new team. He needs a confidence boost to inspire his self belief. I am sure he is aware that his spot is far from being cemented, so unless he backs himself and creates some magic in the next few rounds he will be replaced.

I think Elgey would be performing better if he was the main man in the halves. Seems to be reluctant to take control over DCE when an opportunity arises. Maybe some self doubt and being surrounded by a completely new team. He needs a confidence boost to inspire his self belief. I am sure he is aware that his spot is far from being cemented, so unless he backs himself and creates some magic in the next few rounds he will be replaced.
What will boost his (and the teams) confidence in a big way will be a solid home win over Souths next weekend.

Afb’s offloads were magic plus there were players actually running off him.Great masterminding by des obviously worked on it at training.

Cust for me, we need a 6 badly
Hopefully Elgey can step up now, but apart from some flashy skills, not sure he is the Des kind of 6.
Think Des will ship him like Witt at same stage.
I would love Maloney!

I would give LG a bit more time but initial indicators at 5/8 not good for mine. Some obvious misses in attack yesterday and last week and defensively I think needs work. Would love Des to give Api a shot at 5/8 during one of our games. Bolster the halves defensively and might open up some new attacking options. So we have young Fainu + DCE + Api + Turbo. Now that would be a real interesting spine.

I would give LG a bit more time but initial indicators at 5/8 not good for mine. Some obvious misses in attack yesterday and last week and defensively I think needs work. Would love Des to give Api a shot at 5/8 during one of our games. Bolster the halves defensively and might open up some new attacking options. So we have young Fainu + DCE + Api + Turbo. Now that would be a real interesting spine.
Elgey also made some good tackles yesterday as well .....

Those 3 are the future and we have some nice pieces around them too, really liked the look of Sironen yesterday too

Watched them working on a play pre match yesterday where DCE goes to Siro who immediately goes back inside to a rampaging Tom, we used it in the match late and the Warriors got a hand to it, that has the potential to unlock plenty of points, is similar to the play that we used when Elgey put Elliott in the clear in round 1

I’m still not sure API is right either, one of our trainers spent a fair bit of time on his foot during the second half yesterday then he did a fitness test on it, surprised they tossed him back on for the final 6mins

Metcalf having an ACL has surely put a spanner in his progress. They have been talking this kid up forever now, but having a year delay may mean his opportunity will be taken by someone else, and may not see a first grade Manly Jersey.

Yep. Sironen showing great signs. He’ll get better with each run. One of those players opposition teams are worried about in the red zone. Sipley is going fine too.

Those 3 are the future and we have some nice pieces around them too, really liked the look of Sironen yesterday too

Watched them working on a play pre match yesterday where DCE goes to Siro who immediately goes back inside to a rampaging Tom, we used it in the match late and the Warriors got a hand to it, that has the potential to unlock plenty of points, is similar to the play that we used when Elgey put Elliott in the clear in round 1

I’m still not sure API is right either, one of our trainers spent a fair bit of time on his foot during the second half yesterday then he did a fitness test on it, surprised they tossed him back on for the final 6mins
That move was one of the reasons we went better in 17. Green had a great inside ball with Jake being on the end off the pass usually. Sironen Waddel Jake Thommo all capable of hitting a pass like that.

Api fine starting we need that defence for first 20 minutes. Our biggest spine issue is 6 elgey can't tackle and offers nothing in attack. I believe both trent hodkinson and croker offer more

I'm happy for Elgey to get some time to play to his potential. The talent and skills are there, he just needs to find his feet.

Defence is still a concern however he is gradually improving as he gains confidence. He was more involved yesterday.

Need to swap Elgey for Hodko, he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be! I think he is the type of 5/8 we need right now, calm headed and better than Elegy in defense. Has EXPERIENCE also and that counts for plenty not to mention his kicking game and goal kicking also.

Need to swap Elgey for Hodko, he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be! I think he is the type of 5/8 we need right now, calm headed and better than Elegy in defense. Has EXPERIENCE also and that counts for plenty not to mention his kicking game and goal kicking also.
Hodko will be gone by years end so what's the point. Hodko has had his time. May as well continue with elgey as he will be here for a few yrs at least

Fainu is a gun. I'd start with him and put Api in place of Elgey who misses too many tackles.

Not sure which hooker/utility comes plays from the bench. But I don't think Elgey fits that bill. And we didn't sign him for reserve grade so he will likely keep his spot in the halves for the rest of the year.

I saying that I hope Elgey makes his tackles stick and adds some spark.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8