• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://livenews.com.au/Articles/2009/03/10/Charges_expected_as_Stewart_arrives_at_police_station_

Manly fullback Brett Stewart has been charged with sexual assault. Laura Tunstall is at Dee Why police station.

24-year-old Stewart arrived here in a suit flanked by his lawyer and coach Des Hasler.

The star fullback was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old on Friday night, which occurred after the Manly Sea Eagles season launch party.

Police have charged Stewart with sexual assault – he was granted bail.

Stewart will appear at the Manly Local Court on 7 April.

Brett Stewart charged by police
Jacquelin Magnay | March 10, 2009 - 7:11PM

Rugby league star Brett Stewart has been formally charged with sexual assault tonight.

Stewart was arrested after attending Dee Why police station and granted police bail.

Stewart, 24, has been charged with sexual assault after an investigation into an alleged incident last week involving a 17-year-old girl.

NSW police have issued a statement saying a North Manly man was spoken to by investigators regarding an alleged incident with a 17-year-old girl at a North Manly property during the evening of Friday, 6 March 2009.

Stewart arrived at a Sydney police station earlier this evening to speak to investigators.

He arrived at Dee Why police station in a police car, via the back entrance, about 6pm (AEDT) on Tuesday.

About 7pm, Manly coach Des Hasler drove Stewart from the police station without comment.

Manly have scheduled an emergency board meeting at 7:30pm to discuss the developments. Number one on the agenda is whether Stewart will play in the season opening game against the Bulldogs on Saturday.

Innocent until proven guilty;

Facts are the father is a convicted felon with a track record of dishonesty.  Birds of feather flock together.

Im as devastated as anyone, but we have to remember that not 1 player is bigger then our club and we have been through worse before.

I pray he is found innocent, but we should all just put things into perspective before we slit our wrists.

I'm very dumbfounded by this.

He seems a long way from the type that would do this sort of thing. This is gonna cost us and the NRL a fortune.

I am like others - Speechless

The Wheel link said:
Manly have scheduled an emergency board meeting at 7:30pm to discuss the developments. Number one on the agenda is whether Stewart will play in the season opening game against the Bulldogs on Saturday.

He must play simple if you stand him down you are saying he is guilty

Relax fellas, this was always going to happen.  It does not mean that Brett is guilty of anything.  Many people are charged, it's a formality that has to be followed by the cops, but many are found to not have a case to answer at a later date.  If his head is OK, he should play.  I just hope the Board take a sensible look at this and remember there should always be the presumption of innocence.

Well said DSM5 you could even up your smite count with sensible posts like that

Wheel, all my posts are sensible, it's just that there's a lot of weasels and gropers out there who are jealous and delight in smiting me.  After this is all over, I just hope one small fat groper has his head smited clean off. 

DSM5 link said:
Relax fellas, this was always going to happen.  It does not mean that Brett is guilty of anything.  Many people are charged, it's a formality that has to be followed by the cops, but many are found to not have a case to answer at a later date.  If his head is OK, he should play.  I just hope the Board take a sensible look at this and remember there should always be the presumption of innocence.
I agree. the board won't only be trying to be sensible though, they will be under massive pressure from gallop and maybe from some sponsors.

Brett need to speak out sometime soon.

I would like to hear his version of events. If he can't remember it. He's ****ed.

DSM5 link said:
Wheel, all my posts are sensible, it's just that there's a lot of weasels and gropers out there who are jealous and delight in smiting me.  After this is all over, I just hope one small fat groper has his head smited clean off. 

I wouldn't say Canteen Worker is all that fat, oh by the way I gave you a clap for that post

Terrible news but not guilty......yet.

Totally out of character the club should be ashamed of themselves allowing these players to get so smashed on their watch.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6