• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Gallop should keep his stupid idiot head out of this.  he didn't stand down the Dogs team when they were under the pump.  he didn't stand down Lanfranchini or whatever, when he was charged, he didn't stand down the Brisbane bongos when they let it rip. 

Yeah, maybe so but after all, we are Manly & always a different set of rules apply to us. The knives always come out.

the NRL can go and get ****ed with their pressure to stand him down.

Were the titans preassured to stand down laffranchi??????

No so gallop can keep his ****en nose out of it.
dumb news ltd **** he is

willstyles link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=179484.msg210490#msg210490 date=1236677710]
If we want to keep our reputation as the cleanest club in the league unfortunately I think he should step aside for now.

That reputation is long, long gone.

The NRL are going to press hard for Brett to stand down. It will be a massive stand from Manly if he runs out onto ANZ Stadium on Saturday.
[/quote]

I was reading your big pre-season article/interview/bizzos about Manly on Saturday morning and it was bliss.. Thought you did an outstanding job of it, and i couldn't help thinking "wow.. how good is it to be a Manly fan".. Hours later, it was all in ruins  :(

I hate to say it, but I agree with you - mud sticks  :'(

mud sticks but who cares

Im so proud of our board for standing up to gallop and allowing him to play.

Bulldogs, Broncos, Sharks, no pressure to stand down players from Gallop.

What is the common factor?  Bulldogs, Broncos, Sharks, and Gallop are all News Ltd? Is News Ltd capable of being even-handed in this instance?

Forget these knee-jerk reactions.  Stewart has NOT been found guilty of anything by any court. If a player is found guilty of an offence by the courts then the courts will impose a penalty.  The penalty is the beginning and the end of it.  Full stop.  There is no further moral imperative to do anything. That is the purpose of the courts.

If knee-jerk reactions by knee-jerk fans and knee-jerk public, fostered by knee-jerk press, cause a knee-jerk reaction by sponsors and the like, then we will have a situation to assess at that time.  Until then the bridge is not here to cross.

Cliffy Gc link said:
mud sticks but who cares

Im so proud of our board for standing up to gallop and allowing him to play.

Think this has more to do with Des tbf. He argued his case with Gallop, got the board to agree and then left. Soon after the board were thinking of reversing the decision to let Brett play so Des had to get on the phone to them and convince them otherwise.

What a coach we have. Sign him up for life.

I agree Downie.  He's certainly steadfast, loyal and correct.  On this topic we seem to have reached agreement Cliffy Gc.  Wonders.

ssar you are such a tool.  Since when has Brett 'done something wrong'?  Tell me detective ssar you fool.  I hate amateur cops.  Brett has been charged, that's a standard thing with these sort of allegations.  It's required for the matter to proceed.  Until he's found guilty, there's the presumption of innocence you idiot.  Get it right, or get of this blog.  Crumb-bum. 

Apparently Brett didn't have to go to the police station etc, from what I have heard his solicitor advised him to attend the police station last night, which he did with his solicitor and Des, essentially he went to be charged instead of the police actually seeking to charge him

Charged for sexuall assult,what does that actually mean touching,kissing,or sexuall intercourse without a persons consent am i correct.I mean sexuall intercourse without a persons consent fair enough it's rape, but to attempt to kiss of touch another person happens everyday at niteclubs how can you get arrested for that. 

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Charged for sexuall assult,what does that actually mean?

Well, no one knows the details of the alleged offence yet. The press no has a month to speculate, so I'm sure we'll hear all sorts of things. But so far the only reported contact has been a "crash tackle".
DSM5 is right though: once the media got hold of this he was always going to be charged. But that doesn't mean he's guilty of anything.
One question: if the 24 year old male in the police reports wasn't a footy player (and especially not Brett Stewart) and there was no media frenzy, would he have even been charged?

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Charged for sexuall assult,what does that actually mean touching,kissing,or sexuall intercourse without a persons consent am i correct.I mean sexuall intercourse without a persons consent fair enough it's rape, but to attempt to kiss of touch another person happens everyday at niteclubs how can you get arrested for that. 

It covers a large range of different offences

http://www.reachout.com.au/default.asp?ti=1510

I think the one Big thing Brett has going for him in all of this is I actually don't think Des would stand by someone he thought had done anything to serious, but again thats just speculation.

im so glad the club is sticking by him

other clubs are so quick to turn their back on players

Cliffy Gc link said:
im so glad the club is sticking by him

other clubs are so quick to turn their back on players

If he had a reputation as a bad boy then I'm sure they wouldn't be so supportive of him. It's only through being clean skin that has saved him. To me he was going to be like Beaver, a brilliant example to the game but thanks to the alleged offence & the disgusting way that the media has gone about all of this, his reputation has been tarnished forever, no matter what the result of his court case reveals.

I was a leaning the other way at first last night (in midst of all of my emotions running wild), but now i am glad that the board has let Brett play. Im sure the club wouldn't let him play unless they truly believed he was innocent.

Everyone has been attacking Brett. This morning i flicked through every radio station and many people were making wild accusations towards Brett and our club.

I can guarentee you Des will have the boys together and would be instilling an us vs. them mentality. I really hope our forwards stand up and give those c*nts from Bankstown a spanking.

It is annoying the way the media has presented this incident.

Sexual assault can be as much as touching someone's breast, backside or legs in an unwanted fashion. It happens all the times in clubs but that doesn't make it right. By the way, there is no such charge in court as Rape - that is the media term.

What we must not do is suggest anything or be involved in conjecture. The law now prohibits it. Let the court deal with the matter. Noone really knows what is alleged or what did happen. Best thing for Brett is to let the law run its course.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4