Enough BS - Time to move Forward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Some of the crap lately has left a sour taste in my mouth as much as anyone else.
I don't like how much has been handled.
Fact is, I have not been too excited supporting Manly in 2022 well before the past 2 weeks and though 2021 had moments of magic against the dud sides, we seemed to not have the toughness, mental strength, attitude or game plan, to come close to the Top 4 and as a witness at the finals clash against Souths at Suncorp getting lapped, it was a reality check.
I have supported Des on return, but I have seen a sinking ship that seemed to be slipping away and unable to stop the water coming in, as players looked divided and week in week out watching Manly play, was like an uninspiring groundhog day.
The "rainbow game" didn't help but was a Massive copout, I seen very few positives in other games, Including with Tom on the field and fact is, we needed changes.
Is Des out the right call, time will tell....I have vocally supported the Manly legend and his achievements as both player and coach, but it's Manly first and foremost and from a couch potato with some knowledge of the game , I could see clearly things were "not working" and unfortunately only becoming more stale.
The media stuff is BS and I can tell you first hand the stuff to do with players leaving ect is crap, more the players have been crying out for stability at the club moving forward, which is the only truth and who blames them.
Well there's a new coach....extra assistants on the way and slowly but surely changes are being made, which will at least lay a visible future moving forward.
This is exactly what the playing group needs and to be honest, also the fans who at least can now know black and white rather than all the BS speculation.
Not to judge other fans in handling this recent stuff, but feel much of the negative stuff is emotion based and the fans will be back with Manly, the jumping off cliffs stuff is for other bandwagon fans and tough times like now allow us to see who sticks solid in the trenches.
All I can say is enough BS and Time to move forward.

Last edited:
We needed change. Unfortunately, the change of coach was not necessarily the main one we needed. However, with change does come hope, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how Boldy makes a mark with this playing group.

Aahhh before we get back in our chairs it seems Seibold has commitments to English Rugby that will take him well into the end of November. Considering Nov 1st is return day are we going to lose a whole month with no head coach ?? Plus he hasn't signed on with Manly yet anyway.

Im easy either way, but it was becoming quite repetitive seeing des speak like an alcoholic gronk in every press conference.

Not even sure he knew what was going on towards the end.

Aahhh before we get back in our chairs it seems Seibold has commitments to English Rugby that will take him well into the end of November. Considering Nov 1st is return day are we going to lose a whole month with no head coach ?? Plus he hasn't signed on with Manly yet anyway.

If it was good enough for Mestrov to be expected to start early, why not Piebald?

I think it should have been handled differently. But in truth I think DES was shown to be a little too old school.

I still wonder if he could have contributed in an over seeing role without controlling every little thing his way. Plenty say not a chance in hell.

But I don't know. There is ways and means. Hes being paid 500k to not show up. I would have thought being paid 500k over two years to be a GM of coaching and he may not do much more than not show up, but a bomb hasn't exploded, and you don't air your laundry..

Manly need as many Manly Men as possible, it might be something Mr Penn needs to learn.

Manly need as many Manly Men as possible, it might be something Mr Penn needs to learn.

Mr Penn is doing his utmost to get rid of as many Manly men as possible.

He will be the most "Manly" man in the club soon enough.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4