• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elliott is going very well ... but to properly assess his value ... ask yourself the question ... if our current squad is fully fit ... is he in the 17 ....

Personally I wouldn't put him at fullback ahead of Tom ... . I wouldn't put him in the centres ahead of Parker or Suli ... and I wouldn't put him on the wing ahead of Jorge or Garrick ... and I would prefer a half/hooker as #14 ....

So that then puts him in the injury replacement utility role ... a very important and valuable role that he will get plenty of games from ... but I can't see him changing that ..and that makes him a mid-tier level player at best ..
Agree, and there's nothing wrong with that. This is the chance to have a quality replacement on hand

Elliott is going very well ... but to properly assess his value ... ask yourself the question ... if our current squad is fully fit ... is he in the 17 ....

Personally I wouldn't put him at fullback ahead of Tom ... . I wouldn't put him in the centres ahead of Parker or Suli ... and I wouldn't put him on the wing ahead of Jorge or Garrick ... and I would prefer a half/hooker as #14 ....

So that then puts him in the injury replacement utility role ... a very important and valuable role that he will get plenty of games from ... but I can't see him changing that ..and that makes him a mid-tier level player at best ..
Agree Woodsie however the notion of a “top 17” in the nrl these days really doesn’t mean much as there are always players out injured or suspended. Elliot is in my top 20 and the first back picked as cover. Have been impressed with him all year.

Hey Woodsie - I feel your point and very valid....NRL standard I will stick with, but as you point out there its hard to argue about where he will fit in.......thing is I thought he was a reggie who I hoped would NOT get an opportunity, but I respect both his efforts and ability today and happy to see him as our backup to Tom T....simply saying he is a quality top grader in the NRL and want to see him involved in our 2019 assault on the premiership

A pretty handy bench player when we are full strength. Some how we need to keep him .

Love this. I think we should all add a section to our post signature that clearly defines which players we love and which we dont rate.

I swear there was a thread on here but weeks ago with so many in a frenzy about how ****e elliot is...

Anyway hes a solid player that won't replace turbo and may get pushed down the line as young hoppa and Schuster come thru but for the moment 'go Elliot'....

### DISCLAIMER ### - I'm not an Api fan. Never have been and wont start now.

Brendon’s kick returns can be more dangerous than Toms at times. He always takes on the defensive line and more often than not breaks the 1st tackle. He is always looking for space and opportunity. Great energy at the back.
Just lacks any ball playing but is a very handy back up to have. Great runner of the ball.

Brendon’s kick returns can be more dangerous than Toms at times. He always takes on the defensive line and more often than not breaks the 1st tackle. He is always looking for space and opportunity. Great energy at the back.
Just lacks any ball playing but is a very handy back up to have. Great runner of the ball.

I wonder , if his form continues might we see Tommy playing up in the line somewhere in 2020??

Just watching the replay.

14 minutes in Brendan takes a catch on the full, loops across field to stretch the defensive line and pops a great pass to Jorge who gallops through the yawning gap :clap:

Sadly Moz knocks the ball out from Jorge's loose carry but Brendan's lead up was first class :party:
Done the same without the boubon goggles and let me add, that ball was knocked out by Morris, regathered by Taufua and should have been 6 more....just on Elliott, is pushing up far more around the ball and his try was just desert for a quality all round performance.

He might not have the same skill, pace or size that Tom does but he's a smart player, Brendon. If there's anyone that can get the most out of Snake it's him.
I sometimes feel Toms size might be an impediment in that role, whereas Elliott is the perfect build for a fullback.

I sometimes feel Toms size might be an impediment in that role, whereas Elliott is the perfect build for a fullback.
I'd normally agree having seen most fullbacks of that same build. Snake and Slater were the hallmarks of the previous generation and were of that frame but after seeing what a fit Inglis or Tom could do from the back, the fullback role can change enough to allow the bigger guys to excel there.

There will be certain things that are a non-negotiable at the back like catching bombs, positional play and cleaning up grubbers which Tom, admittedly struggles at. But they can contribute in attack in ways that fullbacks of yesterday could only dream of doing, like fending off defenders when making breaks and making those tougher runs in the middle of the field. I'm interested to see how a coach like Des can influence his role along with Snake.

Just on half time the Trio of Chez, Gozzy and Brendan almost put on the in-out pass on the half that got Brendan his try in the 2nd half :)

Suli ended up with it and barged through only to force a pass to Gazza instead if Chez on his left :rolleyes:

I looked like we had a player held back in the lead up to that one

I'd normally agree having seen most fullbacks of that same build. Snake and Slater were the hallmarks of the previous generation and were of that frame but after seeing what a fit Inglis or Tom could do from the back, the fullback role can change enough to allow the bigger guys to excel there.

There will be certain things that are a non-negotiable at the back like catching bombs, positional play and cleaning up grubbers which Tom, admittedly struggles at. But they can contribute in attack in ways that fullbacks of yesterday could only dream of doing, like fending off defenders when making breaks and making those tougher runs in the middle of the field. I'm interested to see how a coach like Des can influence his role along with Snake.
Yes despite how good Tom is he co to he’s to struggle to get down to some balls!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6