• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure what his off season plans are (besides celebrating a gf win) but it'd be nice to see him pack on a few kegs for next year.

I like him but I think he gets handled too easily when tackled near the line. Good hands, speed, etc, just gimme a bit more 'grrr, I aint being driven backwards today!'

Though... how he'll be used with Tom floating around...

Should have played fullback last week against the Worms. But I am starting to believe that Des did that more as a "see how things go" type experiment than anything else knowing that even if we lost we still got a home Final.

Elliot isn't in Tom's class as a player, we all know that, but its good to know that we have a very solid back up if he can't play. That was the only thing Manly didn't really have during our golden run over the decade with Snake at the back, a decent replacement without having to move players out of position (i.e. Robbo).

Remember we swapped a player with cowboys for michael bani. Best swap ever. A little dude played fullback when snake was out probably , Reminds me a little of him

Ben Farrar wasn't too bad. The main thing was that it allowed Robbo to stay on his wing. Robbo was a fairly good fullback in his own right, but even he readily admitted that he wasn't anywhere near Snake's class in the #1 and that his best position at Manly was on the flank.

Reminds me a bit of Robbo when he was filling in for Snake, very handy indeed.
Or Ross ‘Sooty’ Windshuttle for Wombat. Although throughout his playing career, Sooty was a solid 14 stone (89kg) or thereabouts. Therefore closer to Wombat in size, than Elliott is to Turbo.

Deceptively quick and line breaking ability and has proved quite safe at the back to date . Has really grabbed the opportunity to resurrect his career at Manly with some quality efforts in i st grade . Will be a key player in Manly "s quest to keep on keeping on in this season "s finals series .Very handy player to have in the club all things taken into account .

Or Ross ‘Sooty’ Windshuttle for Wombat. Although throughout his playing career, Sooty was a solid 14 stone (89kg) or thereabouts. Therefore closer to Wombat in size, than Elliott is to Turbo.
NN boy from memory also, was a grade above me.

Reminds me of a less potent Snake. He is getting more dangerous in attack than earlier in the season though so who knows. That outside-inside play for the try was a great effort from him and that play changes up our attack bit by adding another element.

Elliott was a top shelf junior, and that is why the Chooks lured him over to play in their their youth sides. They don't bother doing that with average players.
Elliott was chosen for Queensland under 20s and named in NYC team of the year at centre.
Chooks released him to go to Newcastle in 2016 despite having him on contract for another 2 years - but the reason for that was mostly that they also had another couple of gun youngsters who were both about 6'4" (Mitchell and Manu).
He has ability and has been wonderful for us, he's earned his status as a genuine first grade fullback now.

He seems to be faster now than earlier in the year.
He is not wearing that large thigh guard, perhaps he is now 100% injury free.

Has pretty much been a reliable fill in through 2019, but that performance was a quality player who deserves to be in 1st grade

Elliott is going very well ... but to properly assess his value ... ask yourself the question ... if our current squad is fully fit ... is he in the 17 ....

Personally I wouldn't put him at fullback ahead of Tom ... . I wouldn't put him in the centres ahead of Parker or Suli ... and I wouldn't put him on the wing ahead of Jorge or Garrick ... and I would prefer a half/hooker as #14 ....

So that then puts him in the injury replacement utility role ... a very important and valuable role that he will get plenty of games from ... but I can't see him changing that ..and that makes him a mid-tier level player at best ..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8