ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yep, me 2, still interested to see foz nxt year without all the class he has had the luxury of playing with over the past 5 yrs...hopefully will go as good as waughtnow at parradontmatta, just to remind him of what he had...and could have had. On d c e i think he will honour his decision now, read somewhere he did enquire about the round 13 rule and zorba was the leak...no sauce just innuendo but makes me think there is still a mole or rat in amongst our front office...hmmm
Bloody Zorba.

Moley back-pedalling.

He is full of it. If that is true that the titans paid overs for elgey, then they can keep him.

The Mole @RLW_Mole · 5m5 minutes ago
Elgey was set to join @SeaEagles at 9am, peeps. @GCTitans came up with a big counter-offer. Now he's staying. Stuff happens.

My point about these idiots is that, that is all they have to do to justify their rumours being made up.

You, me, pineapples, can say anyone off contract is going to sign at manly...and when they don't....it's because of about 3 standard reasons.

It's why I don't get deeply involved in any signing speculation, others do as evidenced by looking at the threads on this site and good on them but to put any credence in guys who deal in click bait is weird.

Right @lsz

edit: I'm not actually that unhappy we didn't sign him. His price seemed to be riding a wave of desperation rather than working from a foundation of results.

Whether or not Elgey we offered (and think that he was worth) 350 /400 or even 500 is a secondary issue in my mind. So far we have very publicly gone after three halves (incumbents and Elgey), including one of them twice (if papers are to be believed) and come up with none. That to me indicates that something is very wrong somewhere within the powers that be.

The market dictates the price just like your house. I may think your house is worth 300k but if everyone else is willing to pay 750k I either pay it or sleep in a tent.

Sure you can stand on your dig and say DCE isn't worth that and Elgey isn't worth that and you end up with no half or 5/8 for next season.
Excellent point

The market dictates the price just like your house. I may think your house is worth 300k but if everyone else is willing to pay 750k I either pay it or sleep in a tent.

Sure you can stand on your dig and say DCE isn't worth that and Elgey isn't worth that and you end up with no half or 5/8 for next season.
There is 3rd option. Settle for a smaller house and buy a big ass tv.

Disappointed to miss out on Elgey. But one door closes, others call to be opened.

Resilience doesn't require the balls to fall neatly.

Whether or not Elgey we offered (and think that he was worth) 350 /400 or even 500 is a secondary issue in my mind. So far we have very publicly gone after three halves (incumbents and Elgey), including one of them twice (if papers are to be believed) and come up with none. That to me indicates that something is very wrong somewhere within the powers that be.

Yes, I don't care if Elgey stays where he is. Just reading he is coming to Manly gets hopes up, interest piqued, then only to be dashed.

Perhaps you are right about the club management, or perhaps players agents know how to treat manly like the town bike.

I am still struggling with the DCE backflip backflip. Hoping to see a DCE backflip backflip backflip.

And sadly the last comment in this post looks to be spot on!!

well this was 20min of my life I can't get back reading/ skimming through the last 10 pages of this thread

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8