ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Who? What about forwards? Can any of your probe wielding aliens help? Surely they have something that can play half?
Don't know. I'm not an Nrl talent scout but I know that a couple of months ago most of us knew nothing of Elgey.
As for the aliens there'll be communication with the Mother Ship tonight and I'll ask about extra terrestrial halfbacks.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would like someone with some financial/accounting ability to read the liquidatiors report to creditors on the attached link.
http://www.rodgersreidy.com.au/gold_coast_titans_pty_ltd/creditors_and_members.

It basically says (as I read it) that the Titans were trading insolvent. That is illegal from my understanding and the directors are liable to prosecution and not being able to be directors again of ac company.

I followed this up with ASIC and they told me they are still waiting for further info....The latest report to creditors/members has not been posted yet it was over a month ago....The Titans are dodgy, their directors should not have been put back in control of the new entity when the NRL took over....Yet they continue to survive and prosper under the new regime. Wonder how all the little guys who lost millions between them feel.

Well done Frogz. Keep at it (appreciate any updates you get). There's always been plenty of rumour and innuendo regarding Titans management (and with very good reason).I too would love someone with the financial/juggling ability to figure it out. But it is the Gold Coast, and if there's one thing we do well up here it's corruption!

JenEagle

Bencher
From what I can see the the club probably didn't do anything wrong here. It was always going to be tough to get Elgey to us unless we paid massive massive overs. The negotiations with dce on the other hand were awful. I am still in shock that Joe Kelly went and withdrew an offer to him and tried to hard ball him. I agree the public shopping around was a bad look but surely we could have sat down with him and came to an agreement.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I think it is a logical decision for Elgey, he is a gold coast boy, his roots are there and he has a chance to play alongside a wonderful player. To me it is no different to Tom and Jake Turbo re-signing with us. Its a no brainer really

Brooke

Bencher
From what I can see the the club probably didn't do anything wrong here. It was always going to be tough to get Elgey to us unless we paid massive massive overs. The negotiations with dce on the other hand were awful. I am still in shock that Joe Kelly went and withdrew an offer to him and tried to hard ball him. I agree the public shopping around was a bad look but surely we could have sat down with him and came to an agreement.
Totally agree.

Steve76

Reserve Grader
If u wanted to pay 1.2 mill for dce u are a bigger clown than joe jelly. Dce had a deadline.. He showed contempt by not wanting to stay or even asking the club for an extension. His grub manager was holding all the cards waiting for foran to leave to rape more money off us. Wake up

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
If u wanted to pay 1.2 mill for dce u are a bigger clown than joe jelly. Dce had a deadline.. He showed contempt by not wanting to stay or even asking the club for an extension. His grub manager was holding all the cards waiting for foran to leave to rape more money off us. Wake up

Wasn't it reported last week during the "backflip" stories that DCE's manager kept the deadline from him?

I'm not sure he knew there was a deadline.

You know nothing Steve 76. And wake up duckheads DCE is worth 1.2 if Forans 1.4 and Hodkinsons 750K

Beer buzzard

Only tipsy on gamedays
You know nothing Steve 76. And wake up duckheads DCE is worth 1.2 if Forans 1.4 and Hodkinsons 750K
It is these prices which makes LG thinks that he is worth 600k. Hasn't learnt to tackle yet and has shown not much yet. This idea of paying halves everything and building an average roster (cause it is all you can afford) around them only occasionally works.

Disappointed again, feel like a young fella who had an eye on the pretty girl only to find out the slick, dodgy local bloke Who has 3 girls on the side stole the girl you had the hots for. Not all doom Jake and Tom plus clinic who I believe will be our 6.
What do we do as a 7 ?

Winnyason we need some more of your classic posts. The whispering ones. I think we all need a lift. Without a DCE backflip the club is Canberra without the local talent pool.

It is these prices which makes LG thinks that he is worth 600k. Hasn't learnt to tackle yet and has shown not much yet. This idea of paying halves everything and building an average roster (cause it is all you can afford) around them only occasionally works.
Who are the average halves to win a comp recently? Infact ever? I can think of a couple of average halves with a champion five eight but that's it. Dumb post.

Mavin

Bencher
What? He didn't watch Foxsports, listen to the radio or read the papers?

Tooves didn't know about the deadline either. So some confusion may have been involved anyway I find it outrageous that no such deadline was put on Foran.

Little things like this is why DCE may have felt on the outer with the club.

The club is entitled to set a deadline if they choose but treat both international players with the same respect.

Mavin

Bencher

The market dictates the price just like your house. I may think your house is worth 300k but if everyone else is willing to pay 750k I either pay it or sleep in a tent.

Sure you can stand on your dig and say DCE isn't worth that and Elgey isn't worth that and you end up with no half or 5/8 for next season.

Brooke

Bencher
The deadline for DCE seemed very drastic and just prompted him to panic sign the The Titans big deal. You can't blame him for that. Kelly etc made it very clear Foran was their priority . They got that wrong. Thats how I see it.

killerspud

Reserve Grader
The deadline for DCE seemed very drastic and just prompted him to panic sign the The Titans big deal. You can't blame him for that. Kelly etc made it very clear Foran was their priority . They got that wrong. Thats how I see it.
Yep, me 2, still interested to see foz nxt year without all the class he has had the luxury of playing with over the past 5 yrs...hopefully will go as good as waughtnow at parradontmatta, just to remind him of what he had...and could have had. On d c e i think he will honour his decision now, read somewhere he did enquire about the round 13 rule and zorba was the leak...no sauce just innuendo but makes me think there is still a mole or rat in amongst our front office...hmmm

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18