Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Incoming

Attachments

• Resized_20220426_153030-01001_664.jpeg
    Resized_20220426_153030-01001_664.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 13
Just a random thought ... they were great engineers, but how did the Romans do even basic Arithmetic ? ... addition and subtraction appear daunting enough, but ...

Try multiplying say XX1 by XV11 .... or dividing say CXL1X by X1V

Just a random thought ... they were great engineers, but how did the Romans do even basic Arithmetic ? ... addition and subtraction appear daunting enough, but ...

You just have to remember to carry the X.

lol

It's all Greek to me!

I'm sure I've seen that they used an abacus to calculate and write the answer down in Roman numerals. Don't know what's wrong with their fingers and toes

This one is more for me (as it wont mean much to you).... but I've seen / followed this guy's 'career' from when he was a teenage boofhead (lol) and I'm so happy for him and his family he's now a world champ.

Canadian skier Jack Crawford edged Aleksander Aamodt Kilde by one-hundredth of a second to win the gold medal in the men's super-G at the world championships on Thursday.

Alexis Pinturault finished 0.26 seconds behind to take bronze, two days after the Frenchman won the combined race at the worlds in his hometown of Courchevel Méribel.

Crawford was the next starter after Kilde, one of the pre-race favourites, had taken the lead in the race.

Crawford trailed the Norwegian halfway through his run but mastered the final section to win the race for Canada's 11th men's medal at world championships and fourth gold. The last Canadian winner was Erik Guay, who won super-G gold six years ago.

So I gear up to head to the hills (one of the rare times this season), snowboard under the arm, feeling pretty good, and plonk myself down into a gondola with only one other guy in it.

this gentleman was 60+ so older than me.

He looks at me and says:

"I see a lot of kids that snowboard, and um, er, well... you're an adult!"

"That's the nicest way I've been called old this week," I reply, my happy feeling fading.

~sigh~ don't get old people!!!!

Anyway we had a good talk on the way up.

then I pushed him off a cliff.

A flipping big victory for all Canadians ..

Montreal: Giving your neighbour the finger may not be polite, but it is protected under the Canadian Constitution , a judge has ruled.

To be abundantly clear, it is not a crime to give someone the finger, he said, flipping the bird is a God-given, Charter-enshrined right that belongs to every red-blooded Canadian.

A flipping big victory for all Canadians ..

Montreal: Giving your neighbour the finger may not be polite, but it is protected under the Canadian Constitution , a judge has ruled.

To be abundantly clear, it is not a crime to give someone the finger, he said, flipping the bird is a God-given, Charter-enshrined right that belongs to every red-blooded Canadian.

I also like how the judge said he wished he could not just throw the case out of court, but literally throw it out onto the pavement.

Gotta love Quebec!

American skier Mikaela Shiffrin set the outright World Cup record for most career victories with 87 by winning a slalom Saturday.

Shiffrin broke a tie with Ingemar Stenmark on the all-time overall winners list between men and women. The Swede competed in the 1970s and 80s.

Shiffrin had matched Stenmark's mark of 86 wins with victory in a giant slalom Friday.

"Pretty hard to comprehend," Shiffrin said about the record from Åre, Sweden.

87: Mikaela Shiffrin, United States (2012-23)
86: Ingemar Stenmark, Sweden (1974-89)
82: Lindsey Vonn, U.S. (2004-18)
67: Marcel Hirscher, Austria (2010-19)
62: Annemarie Moser-Pröll, Austria (1970-80)
55: Vreni Schneider, Switzerland (1984-95)

----------------------

I've had the pleasure of talking with her a couple of times and not only is she delightful, she is one hell of an Alpine skier. the best ever, in fact.

Very happy for her success and I wont be surprised if she breaks the 100 wins mark. what a talent.

This ad has been on tv 'here' and it wasn't until today I realised it was Sharon Stone.

I have nothing more to add and I wont be taking questions at this time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4