Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ah bugger!

This thread originally had (and some bear pics) in the title.

this morning I went to the back 'sliding door' and a year or so old bear was walking across the patio. But my damn phone wasn't in reach! So I just said hi and what are you after... it didn't even really care, just walked on. You could tell where it went because the dogs would start barking.

Later...went for a bike ride and d'oh! Saw the bear again...still no phone for pics!

Double bugger.

No pics for you! Sucks as it was much closer than the pic above.

Sometimes I just love Canada.

As I've mentioned before they give you a 20 kilometre buffer over the speed limit. Do 19 over...don't care. Hit 20 over... you'll get ticketed. Go 40+ over and you'll have you car impounded for a week!

Well at the moment I'm away on 'an assignment' * and I was driving along a long straight road...long (fyi Canada is the second largest country on Earth...after Russia.) and I noticed I was going 160.

Decided to slow it down to 150. Saw some pick up trucks heading my way (yeah you see where this is going) so lifted the right foot.

But yep...was doing 145 in a 100 zone when the police pick up truck cruised on past! Didn't even blink! No chasing, no disco lights, no high beam flash to tell me to slow down...nothing! woot!

So I settled back down and as usual with yesterday...it was about an hour before I saw another car.

Hopefully it was the fact we were in the middle of nowhere on a staaaaaaaight road helped me. Certainly can't think of many times when Aust cops were that generous.

I'll take it!

* an assignment is code for holiday **
** which is what the govt tells us to say ***
*** shutup ge

It's "9-11" over this side of the world.

what a day that was back then.

I just bought one of those iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners and I've got it running and it is creepy af!

Plus when I go and look at it, I swear it chases me!

Last edited:
Sometimes gold will subtly appear only to those willing to take the path less travelled (that poem was actually about regret about missing out on things and not about how friggen kewl it wat to walk down some crappy overgrown half assed path!) - but I digress.

Sometimes I just love Canada.

As I've mentioned before they give you a 20 kilometre buffer over the speed limit. Do 19 over...don't care. Hit 20 over... you'll get ticketed. Go 40+ over and you'll have you car impounded for a week!

Well at the moment I'm away on 'an assignment' * and I was driving along a long straight road...long (fyi Canada is the second largest country on Earth...after Russia.) and I noticed I was going 160.

Decided to slow it down to 150. Saw some pick up trucks heading my way (yeah you see where this is going) so lifted the right foot.

But yep...was doing 145 in a 100 zone when the police pick up truck cruised on past! Didn't even blink! No chasing, no disco lights, no high beam flash to tell me to slow down...nothing! woot!

So I settled back down and as usual with yesterday...it was about an hour before I saw another car.

Hopefully it was the fact we were in the middle of nowhere on a staaaaaaaight road helped me. Certainly can't think of many times when Aust cops were that generous.

I'll take it!

* an assignment is code for holiday **
** which is what the govt tells us to say ***
*** shutup ge
When i lived in the NT the highways had no speed limit. The adds on TV pushed that saftey was the limit, only go as fast as your vechile is safe.
Was fun to be a teenager and legally doing high speed.

Crap...it's snowing.

Looks outside at car with summer tyres still on.

~sigh~ I shall never learn!

Just dropped Mum off at the airport. Thought I'd drop in and enjoy a beer at Tugun surf club. Haven't done it in ages. Covid certainly makes you appreciate the small things you took for granted.

Attachments

• IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Just dropped Mum off at the airport. Thought I'd drop in and enjoy a beer at Tugan surf club. Haven't done it in ages. Covid certainly makes you appreciate the small things you took for granted.

A beach, an ocean...a horizon!!!!

It's been that long I actually checked as I thought it was Tugun, not tugan. Easy to social distance in that pic!

A nice simply framed pic that brought back memories...thank you. :)

A beach, an ocean...a horizon!!!!

It's been that long I actually checked as I thought it was Tugun, not tugan. Easy to social distance in that pic!

A nice simply framed pic that brought back memories...thank you. :)
Haha. When I first moved up here I was pronouncing it Tug-Un. Didn’t take long for the new work mates to set me straight....and give me shiit for months.
And after all this time, I still managed to stuff up the spelling.@:blush:

Haha. When I first moved up here I was pronouncing it Tug-Un. Didn’t take long for the new work mates to set me straight....and give me shiit for months.
And after all this time, I still managed to stuff up the spelling.@:blush:

Well.... it could've been that small place just north of Murwillumbah

"Condong!"

lol

I dunno where to put this so....

I've worked it out.

Every time Aust fluke a win against the all black Aust have to mouth off all week never learning that they're going to get their butts handed to them.

Also... always let the AB's score either just before or just after half time.

And always throw the ball wildly and as far as you can... and definitely make sure your line outs looks like a collection of octopi being electrocuted.

omg.... STOP SUCKING year after year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6