Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your inside knowledge on possible Parra selection picks. Are you feeling confident with those players out, or a bit weary on what Manly might bring.

With Matterson and Asi at halves, I think Parra could trouble this Manly team on paper

But I wouldn't go as far as to bet money on it

Ofahiki Ogden starting for Paulo, means he's been asked to step up and he has been almost on par this year, when needed, albeit less minutes

I think allot will depend on how well Manly handle RCG and Ogden ...

Also, if you can neutralise Hopgoods offload

I think it could be a tight game, if Manly are prepared to get into the grind, and stick it out for 80 mins

The biggest out for you guys in my mind is Jake Trbojevic

From an outside perspective, I think Manly are a much different team mentally when he is there to keep them focused

Kinda like Gutho is for Parra

I think JA and Asi have a similar boot

Both teams have big half on little half, which will be interesting

I think this game will go one of two ways

Either one team will expose a weak link in the other teams replacements and run away with it (could go either way)

Or it will be a grind, and possibly low scoring affair

If it is the latter, I think Parra will win, because it suits their style of play

But I'll say flip a coin on this one. 50/50

Best of luck guys 🍀

Last edited:
With Matterson and Asi at halves, I think Parra could trouble this Manly team on paper

Ofahiki Ogden starting for Paulo, means he's been asked to step up and he has been almost on par this year, when needed, albeit less minutes

I think it could be a tight game, if Manly are prepared to get into the grind, and stick it out for 80 mins

From an outside perspective, I think Manly are a much different team mentally when he is there to keep them focused

Either one team will expose a weak link in the other teams replacements and run away with it (could go either way)

If it is the latter, I think Parra will win, because of suits their style of play

Best of luck guys 🍀
Thanks for perspective on the game, although, for a Parra fan you come across as very educated

If it is the latter, I think Parra will win, because it suits their style of play

Best of luck guys 🍀
Curious on your opinion of how we match up. Anything you think I've got wrong?
Gutho > Weekes
Sivo > Tui
Penisini = Koula
Simonsson < Garrick
Russell < Saab
Matto < Schuster
Asi < Arthur
RCG = Paseka
Hands < Croker
Ogden < Sipley
Cartwright < Guac
Davey < Fainu
Hopgood > Keppie
Moretti < Lawton
Ofa = Aloiai
Doorey < Bully
Makatoa = Condon

We win on paper 3 v 10.

1 v 3 in the spine.

I was hoping for a Sivo Vs Ray Ray showdown.
impact level GIF

We actually have a well-balanced team on paper here (i.e. we have replacements that actually are playing in their preferred position).

Manly have the talent to win but it depends on who's going to step up and win the game for us when it matters.

Best of luck guys 🍀

Admire your loyalty to the Eels JustARandom but a few points

Interested that you consider Matterson and Asi danger players for Manly. Matterson is generally a second row/ lock, with some 5/8 experience while half back Asi was third pick for the Eels behind Arthur this season before Arthur moved to Manly. Hmmm. I guess you don't know Schuster who per game is the second highest try assist player this season. Also Manly have four of the fastest payers in the game in Weekes, Koula, Saab and Garrick. And did I mention Olakau'atu and Sam Fainu? Hmm. Gutherson, yes he needs to be watched. Would you say you have any other game breakers? Good luck though

On paper imo we are stronger. Take Cooper Johns out of the line up vs knights (from the start) and every chance we win that one. If our pack come out like they have the last 2 games, we are a massive chance to win this. No excuses as Eels have players out as well. Looking forward to Sat arvo.

Admire your loyalty to the Eels JustARandom but a few points

Interested that you consider Matterson and Asi danger players for Manly. Matterson is generally a second row/ lock, with some 5/8 experience while half back Asi was third pick for the Eels behind Arthur this season before Arthur moved to Manly. Hmmm. I guess you don't know Schuster who per game is the second highest try assist player this season. Also Manly have four of the fastest payers in the game in Weekes, Koula, Saab and Garrick. And did I mention Olakau'atu and Sam Fainu? Hmm. Gutherson, yes he needs to be watched. Would you say you have any other game breakers? Good luck though
The worry I have is they have the biggest game breaker in the field. The Ref! I have a sick feeling we’re going to get stitched up in this one bad.

The worry I have is they have the biggest game breaker in the field. The Ref! I have a sick feeling we’re going to get stitched up in this one bad.
Goes without saying, big crowd behind them all baying for a penalty. We get out of the blocks early, should silence the crowd somewhat thus putting the onus on them to come up with the risky plays, thus, making more errors.

So.. thought about heading to Parra on Saturday - $110 for an adult and child in the away bay - add on transport and food and bev no change out of $200 - really? For a game missing all the origin players that is an absolute disgrace - have the NRL lost the plot - nice shiny new stadium but that's taking the p!$$!

Mate the pricing is fuked hey. The NRL need to wake up to themselves.
Have you got the members 10% off code for the away bay? It's only a small saving, but every bit counts.
For the Eels game it's MANLY2023.

So.. thought about heading to Parra on Saturday - $110 for an adult and child in the away bay - add on transport and food and bev no change out of $200 - really? For a game missing all the origin players that is an absolute disgrace - have the NRL lost the plot - nice shiny new stadium but that's taking the p!$$!
Wow...and i thought Suncorp was bad.

Mate the pricing is fuked hey. The NRL need to wake up to themselves.
Have you got the members 10% off code for the away bay? It's only a small saving, but every bit counts.
For the Eels game it's MANLY2023.
Bet a lot of Parra fans have 2nd jobs...that's a big slug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10