Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

We can put the best defenders at second row, centre and wing on our right side and it will still leak points. DCE is the problem. He needs to fix up the way he defends, because every player who plays outside him is a casualty to that and is put in such a vulnerable position. I really believe Koula and Tui can become sensational defensive outside backs but they are victims to DCE's poor defensive choices that compromises them. It's been happening for years, teams expose it, they know it. SO WHY DON'T WE NOTICE IT AND FIX IT FFS!!!! DCE needs to learn and fix these mistakes.

Defence wins premierships and whilst that edge continues to be a glaring problem that teams can target effectively, we cannot touch the Provan Summons trophy.
I blame the coaching staff as well. How can someone who watches the tape and practice keep making the same defensive mistakes over and over again. He mustn’t trust his inside teammate because he’s never slides in defence. He probably has let more tries in than helped us score them.
Can’t believe we extended his contract.

Dally M votes: 3 - Reed Mahoney, 2 - Ryan Matterson, 1 - Lachlan Croker. Judge: Scott Sattler.

I must have watched a different game, I thought Croker went better than Mythoney.

Always amazes me the Dally M votes.
They only led in the last minute but there's no way they'd be the same if we'd won, so would Croker have received 3 votes if we'd won?

No chance.

Always amazes me the Dally M votes.
They only led in the last minute but there's no way they'd be the same if we'd won, so would Croker have received 3 votes if we'd won?

No chance.

Is this the same Dally M that certain judges (Ruan Sims, from memory) didn't even watch the game, as she was playing at the same time....and voted anyway?

Dally Ms became a joke many years ago, and that particular incident was the death of it for me personally.

Bloke in a Bar - talking about Turbo @ 5:25 and the Tuipulotu tackle plus Schuster @ 2:11:32

A four hour 'podcast'...???!!!! I'm surprised anyone has the time!

thanks for listening and posting :)

Point of contact for Christian's tackle

Christian_22-23-32.jpg

Yeah, that loss hit me hard. We were the better team overall, we dominated in many aspects of the game, we got hammered with penalties and 6 agains and put the game to bed with a few minutes to go with a brilliant heart and soul try saver, game saver only to be penalised once again.

The Eels had 46 more runs with the ball than us yet only made 60 more metres. Our average set distance was over 11.5 metres better than the Eels. Our average play the ball speed was also far superior.

That game was a huge turnaround in form and I am sure we will be winning games without Tom starting this week against an out of form Storm outfit.

Can we beat the ref's? I am sure that Des is making that one of his main focuses this week. At the end of the day we need some better set plays. The best way to beat the ref's is to turn on the razzle dazzle and put the game to bed early on.

You can't beat the refs when sides are reasonably evenly-matched talent-wise.
Currently there is only one team in the premiership that could win even when the fix is on, and that's the 'Riff.
There are so many ways a ref and Big Brother can manipulate a result, and so much gambling on the NRL, that corruption is bound to occur. It happens in other sports. Why should RL be squeaky-clean? Officials are human and some get themselves into financial trouble.
If you want to get a result don't bother recruiting the code's best player just bribe a ref and The Bunker.

Yeah, that loss hit me hard. We were the better team overall, we dominated in many aspects of the game, we got hammered with penalties and 6 agains and put the game to bed with a few minutes to go with a brilliant heart and soul try saver, game saver only to be penalised once again.

The Eels had 46 more runs with the ball than us yet only made 60 more metres. Our average set distance was over 11.5 metres better than the Eels. Our average play the ball speed was also far superior.

That game was a huge turnaround in form and I am sure we will be winning games without Tom starting this week against an out of form Storm outfit.

Can we beat the ref's? I am sure that Des is making that one of his main focuses this week. At the end of the day we need some better set plays. The best way to beat the ref's is to turn on the razzle dazzle and put the game to bed early on.
I can empathize with you feathered friend .

Our Legendary club is all about winning and Every loss feels like a death in the family and it does take a while to recover .

The good news is that we always bounce back up with a great win and look forward to a great win against the Storm 2morrow night

There were two plays that decided this game in my view.
Taupau's knock on (where they scored in the next set), when we had momentum
Keppie's penalty (a fair penalty) after being on a mere few seconds where they march down the field and score.

Take those two moments out, we win that game.

Nothing to do with Cummins

In only 2 of our losses could Manly be considered unlucky - losing Lawton early for a brain snap tackle, and no rub of the green v Eels (or corrupt officials,take your pick).

In losses to Panthers Roosters Sharks and Broncos - we simply weren't the better team. So to stay afloat now we need to consistently play to our best or near to it.

In particular - Manly needs a top performance against Storm, because a thrashing at this critical moment could be disastrous for team morale!

As of right now, we are still right in the fight, and I'm expecting Manly to win tomorrow. (But not putting money on it, lol)

Keppie's penalty (a fair penalty) after being on a mere few seconds where they march down the field and score.

Can't agree with that, there were several incidents where Manly should have received a penalty or 6 again and for some reason (human error??) we did not, those instants were more to the point of why we lost.
We can't expect our team to go through a match perfectly.
Problem was, Eels also of course were not perfect yet weren't penalised.

The way I saw it was that Cummins did play a role to bring us down but we did not have to assist him with our incompetent plays

The Marty knock on came a tackle after Cummins refused to give Manly a penalty when the Eels players took 6 secs to clear the ruck. Throw in the non call on the forward pass, the off side from the kick into the in goal, the penalty against Jake for being offside when he was second marker, the penalty against Walker when he made a tackle and got straight off and I think it is a fair call that Cummins influenced the result more than a couple of Manly errors.

Bloke in a Bar - talking about Turbo @ 5:25 and the Tuipulotu tackle plus Schuster @ 2:11:32

Thanks @40 nil, among other things he made a very valid point - has anybody seen definitive footage of that tackle showing it was high?
He said the bunker ruled that it was high but he hasn't seen any footage to show it was.

This is where Annesley's weakly report misses some of it's charter in my opinion, if they are adamant that the correct decision was made then why not show the footage the bunker looked at to back themselves up.
Surely they knew it was a massive talking point from the weekend, so come prepared.

If such footage exists then they can stop the endless conjecture about it and we'll all move on but by not showing it (or, say releasing it to FOX) the noise continues.

Thanks @40 nil, among other things he made a very valid point - has anybody seen definitive footage of that tackle showing it was high?
He said the bunker ruled that it was high but he hasn't seen any footage to show it was.

This is where Annesley's weakly report misses some of it's charter in my opinion, if they are adamant that the correct decision was made then why not show the footage the bunker looked at to back themselves up.
Surely they knew it was a massive talking point from the weekend, so come prepared.

If such footage exists then they can stop the endless conjecture about it and we'll all move on but by not showing it (or, say releasing it to FOX) the noise continues.

Annesley did, and I posted it in the weakly annesley report thread (even with shiny freeze frame pics).

post #93

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7